Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:41 pm 

Moderator comment:
This is swiped content from an article by Majestic Social Media in San Diego, California. http://www.majesticsocialmedia.com

What is Social Media? How can it be utilized to increase sales, customer loyalty or website traffic? Is it just a quick hype, a marketing trend, or is it there to stay? And most important, what kind of social media tactics are most effective and help to engage with customers. First let's clarify what social media marketing is about? Social media marketing is a term that describes use of social networks, online communities, blogs, wikis or any other online collaborative media for marketing, sales, public relations and customer service.

Common marketing tools include Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr and YouTube. Social media marketing is an engagement with online communities to generate exposure, opportunity and sales. The number-one advantage is generating exposure for the business, followed by increasing traffic and building new business partnerships. (Social Media Industry report) Social Media also provides the way people share ideas, content, thoughts and relationships online. (The new rules of marketing and pr)
How important is Social Media?

Two-thirds of the world's Internet population visits a social network or blogging site and the sector now accounts for almost 10% of all internet time. The total amount spent online globally increased by 18% between December 2007 and December 2008. In the same period, however, the amount of time spent on ‘Member Community' sites rose by 63% to 45 billion minutes. At its most basic sense, social media is a shift in how people discover, read and share news, information and content. Technologies include: blogs, picture-sharing, vlogs, wall-postings, email, instant messaging, music-sharing, crowdsourcing, and voice over IP, to name a few.

In this article, I Brother John Hostick have put together the 10 most successful Social Media Strategies for you to apply to your Social Media Strategy. Here you go:

Social Media Tip 1 - Create your own video slideshow with animoto.com!

Social Media Tip 2 - Increase the number of backlinks through Social Bookmarking!

Social Media Tip 3: Use Content Sharing Sites to share information about your products and services with your customers! Examples: slideshare, myplick, slideboom

Social Media Tip 4: Sign up for google reader, let google send you the latest blogs & start commenting on blogs & give valuable tips and advices to your potential customers!

Social Media Tip 5: Brand and customize your facebook fanpage! Get creative!

Social Media Tip 8: Use QR Codes to engage your fans! Just google QR codes and you will find information on these new social media tactic!

SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 9: Start a picture tagging contest! Publish a picture on your fanpage and ask people to tag themselves. If they do, they will have the chance to win a gift!

Social Media Tip 10: Use Social Power Tools to create a facebook fbml page!

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoy this short article.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 am 

Thanks for sharing nice tips , it's really helpful with me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:04 am 

Thank you for the detailed presentation of social media. It makes me want to fire up my facebook even more now. I just learned today that youtube can help in promotion. It is all quite interesting. I have seen a comedian that does youtube work. Does he get paid for getting x hits?

The list really gets large in using so many different techniques. One person handling all the organization of a company in these diverse online advertising techniques may not be feasible. At least not if is a big company.

Well thanks anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:46 pm 
These surely works. Good thing I do most of them for my site. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:36 am 
I have seen the same post in some other forums and I would say these are some good tips if your looking for promoting your site or product through social media sites.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm 
They are valuable tips.

Adding or running a contest in Social Media and giving out free gifts is the best method to market products quickly on the Internet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:03 am 

Hudson wrote:
Adding or running a contest in Social Media and giving out free gifts is the best method to market products quickly on the Internet.

This kind of absolute statement is dangerously misleading. If you're going to make claims like this, please supply quantifiable, verifiable evidence to support it.

Otherwise it's nothing more than uninformed opinion and should be viewed as such.

Yes, some people have had success with running contests on social networks (social media is too vague — most social media are either unsuited to contests or refuse permission). But just as many or more have failed miserably.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:34 pm 

Ya!These are excellent tips,if you have any doubt after these than you can more help by google search.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 am 

I'm not quite sure why anyone would suggest that vlogging is a new trend. It's been around for at least 9-10 years.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:54 pm 

Good point about supplying quantifiable, verifible evidence
to support, knowing this,

I can tell you that currently Pinterest does seem to work rather well,
with an increasing number of followers as you can see
for your self when you click on it in the left side bar
on our blog.

We also very recently started a Twitter Page, and do
begin to get some followers on that aswell.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 am 

These are without doubt great social media tips. The use of social media in business has been increased a lot in recent times because of many great reasons. Social media can be a powerful marketing tool for any kind of business, when use it in a proper way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:15 am 

Social media is without doubt a powerful marketing tool for any business can take advantage. It is one of the most cost effective ways to reaching potential clients and generate leads.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:26 am 

There are many great reasons to use social media for your business. A millions of people use social media sites everyday, so it can be a simple yet effective way to reach your targeted audience.