Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:37 pm 

Hey Guys, just listened to an audio tape, and I learned something which I want to share with you :)
These are 5 ways to generate leads using your blog/website

1. Call to action- at the end of the article, just tell people what to do. Put your capture page, or opt-in page and tell them to click. Offer some free stuff, anything of value to the reader- free ebook, training bootcamp, video series.

2. Sidebar opt-in form- on the right/left side- you can actually put a form, with a very short ad-copy, and space for the person to put their name and email. In the article, you can actually tell them to opt in.

3. Top header- at the very top, some bloggers put buttons like “home” “contact me” “make money online” – here you can also put a button which leads to your capture page. eg- “free XYS training” – the person would click this and this button would take them to the capture page.

4. Banner ads- banners are like the monsters in the world of marketing and advertising. Put attractive and compelling banners, inside the article, outside the article, everywhere you can think of. (Caution- don’t make your blog look spammy by putting the banner everywhere, 1-2 places is ok. )

5. Exit Gate- when the viewer leaves your blog, this exit gate can popup and say something like- “7 foods to avoid because they are too toxic” or something, depending on your niche/market.
This is really effective. If your content is good, people are more likely to opt in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 pm 

I really like number 3 instead of putting "Home" button in the header you can just redirect them to your squeeze page. Its all about capturing the lead by providing a quality free offer and it shouldn't matter how they get to your opt-in page so long as they do. The only thing I don't like about the exit gate is it pop's up even when your not exiting by hovering your mouse outside of the site. Anyhow, thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:38 pm 

Jeplante67 wrote:
I really like number 3 instead of putting "Home" button in the header you can just redirect them to your squeeze page. Its all about capturing the lead by providing a quality free offer and it shouldn't matter how they get to your opt-in page so long as they do. The only thing I don't like about the exit gate is it pop's up even when your not exiting by hovering your mouse outside of the site. Anyhow, thanks for the info.

That kind of "the end justifies the means" attitude has sunk more businesses than almost any other.

It didn't work for Macchiavelli and it rarely works for anyone other than very short term. Kind of like kicking the chair out from underneath your feet while the noose is still around your neck.

Not intelligent behaviour.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:36 pm 

Thanks for sharing the useful information!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:59 am 

I don't like leaving a negative comment without leaving something positive in the way of helpful resources.

If you have a blog — or even a WordPress website — and want to build a mailing list, I strongly recommend Noah Kagan's FREE list building plugin Sumo.Me. It's fast and easy to set up, it's flexible and wide ranging, and it provides really useful analytic data for you to track results.

Get it at https://sumome.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:42 am 

The best way to build a good email list is to offer your readers something of value, but free of charge. They will agree to give you their email address if they like the information you provide on your website, if it's relevant and useful to them. I didn't do this yet, but I'm about to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:46 am 

Don't overlook the reality that many freebie-seekers will give you "disposable" email addresses when you demand an email address in exchange for content.

Think of it like this: if you saw a classified ad in the newspaper for a vehicle or lawnmower or something else of presumed value and you went to the owners place to check it out, but they demanded your email address BEFORE they'd let you even see what they're offering, how would you feel about that? Knowing that you're likely to receive a never-ending deluge of hypey affiliate promotions if you do?

That can be a quick way to build a large list, but here's the problem with that approach…

• Your focus is on quantity, not quality. And with most autoresponder/broadcast email providers, you pay for the number of recipients in your list, regardless of whether they ever even open your messages.

• Quality is cause. Quantity is effect. Quality is how you get REAL, profitable results from your mailings. They're BUYERS, not tyre-kickers.

Having a huge list of people who don't buy from you is dumb.

PAYING for that dead list is even DUMBER.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:00 am 

2nd point is ok but visitors don't like popup in the middle of reading a post or while exit! i think and believe the most important is useful content in your blog then only people will subscribe and get repeated visitors...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:08 am 

Thanks vivekmehrotra for sharing such a useful post. I like the fifth point very much and I am planning to go for it as I also have the website providing business leads and wanted to boost traffic. I also think that banner adds play a very important role. So am ready to opt for it. Really appreciated. Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:23 pm 

Thanks, the idea is very helpful. However, I have a little wonder about the 4th idea, i am really excited about it so can you make it clearer and suggest some ways to take advantage of banner in website?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 pm 

Great post, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:01 am 

Great post..
Call to action help you generate more leads quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:48 am 

2nd point is ok but visitors don't like popup in the middle of reading a post or while exit! i think and believe the most important is useful content in your blog then only people will subscribe and get repeated visitors...

Moderator comment:
Signature blocked for non-compliance with forum rules.
Please see warning in PM inbox.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:15 pm 

I believe that it will all start in giving them great content with adequate information about the products. Likewise, your social media presence and email marketing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:30 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for that wonderful post.

I have learnt to use a call to action (no 1 in your post) at the end of my blog posts and I believe it is really effective.

Quality and I formative content will inspire the user to take action.

Moderator comment:
Signature file blocked for non-compliance.
Please read the forum rules about promotion of business and income opportunities.