Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:28 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 am 

There is a good ad-on for firefox called SEOBOOK, it gives you traffic stats on any site that you are on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:54 am 
There are many free software and online tools that help you in analyzing your website and compare it with that of your competitors. You can take their help also.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 am 

'I do think that Competitor Analysis in General
can be beneficial'

For example when I look at other blogs that write about - the Home Business Lifestyle - and about Starting your own Home Business, I noticed that many usually also offer services like for example a Memberships Area with specific info, and services like for example Consulting. Because of that today I actually created a special 'Q & A Service' myself where you can get Free Consulting, where you can easily ask your questions by submitting them in an Easy to use 'Shout Box' I have on my Blog. Besides the benefit of being able to help you it can also be a great way for me to for example discover new ideas for (pre) selling products that Starting Home Business Owners would like to buy. Also with such online Consulting Conversations going on it will also help to generate traffic from repeat visits.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 am 
my competitive analysis include getting competitor information and secondly his strategies so i can do more in that path

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 am 
Competitor analysis is an important part of strategic planning process. Some businesses think it is better to go on with their own plans and ignore the competition. Competitor analysis has several important roles in strategic planning. Here are a few:

1. To provide an informed basis to develop strategies to achieve competitive advantage in the future.
2. To help management understand their competitive advantages/disadvantages relative to competitors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 am 

It's very difficult in analysis. Too many ways to do. Which way should I do first in the analysis?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 pm 
How would Competitor analysis help us if traffic is always on the ups and downs for the websites out there ??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 am 
I think that competitor analysis is something that MUST be done before any other work, but these tips are somewhat one-sided.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:46 pm 
in any business improving,to analysis competitor than how much cover area in marketing.competitor given our business weakness and strength. in a business reduces weakness higher efforts in organization. we have analysis competitor trick, marketing strategy,traffic sources.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm 

nice sharing....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am 
Competitor Analysis will help you to do things in right way, it is really a great strategy to implement before the start of SEO campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:55 am 

Sometimes you can get Inspired by looking at what Competitors do, for example on many competing blogs I see
that they have besides a possiblity to write Comments, also a possiblity to Reply to the Comments,

I do think that for example something like that can stimulate Conversations on a Blog and when you have more
commenters that way, and that way it will probably also attract the attention to the search engines a
little more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am 

The competitor analysis is extremely useful. When I talk to client for securing website design job, I show them their competitor and the analysis of the competitor keywords, backlinks, structure and the competitor USP. Then I draft a proposal on how to do better than the competitor, all my clients love it!

This is one of the best way to secure client too.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:59 am 

Competitor analysis plays an important role in marketing. The more you know about your competitor, the more chances you can beat them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 am 

Really a good thing. competitor analysis motivates ourself. It helps to stay ahead from others.