Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:35 am 

My goal, like many others, is to have a “happy life” - which, for me, is to have as many consecutive good and “happy” days that I can. Although happiness can be very subjective, it is healthy to recognize, appreciate and “thank” your creator for the many things that happen in one given day. The small gifts that you have may seem insignificant to you, but may be of HUGE value to others.

I live in a modest home, but am thankful for the opportunity to wake up in a comfy bed, be blessed with a roof over my head, thankful for the people that are in my life and skills to apply in whatever manner I choose. These are just a few of the MANY things I possess that give me “happiness” – and today is a good day primarily because I woke up – and the rest is uphill from here!

I would love to hear how you define “happiness” !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 pm 

Valerie,

I love this post. Finding happiness, what is happiness for you? Happiness, I can't exactly point out the definition of happiness for me. But a thing for sure is I found happiness on doing things I love to do. I find happiness too watching the sunrise, it keeps me thinking for a bright new happy day to live on.

Happy to meet you Val.
Good day!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 am 

Being able to do the things you enjoy doing is part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 pm 

For me, happiness revolves around a few simple things:

• Being stress-free! Nothing undermines our happiness more than stress, especially emotional stress. I have Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism. People on the autism spectrum operate just below threshold for stress, which is why children, especially, can suffer emotional "meltdowns" when they rise above that threshold. Just a change in routine, or too many neural signals (noise, visual clutter, crowds, demands, etc) can trigger unbearable stress for them. I've trained myself to not accept stress, or to avoid, prevent or minimise it. It's made a HUGE difference to my own happiness, and by teaching others — including my children and grandchildren — to do the same, it's made a similar difference to their happiness, too.

• Good health, although I can be happy even on bad days. I suffer from several progressive, degenerative neurological disorders that can spoil an otherwise good day and prevent me doing much at all, and I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer, but I still have the other factors that help to make me happy.

• Income security — especially having residual income streams that don't rely on me being healthy enough to work. Money worries can destroy happiness very easily.

• My family. Especially my grandchildren, now that my children are all independent adults with lives of their own. I've worked consistently to build great relationships with all of my kids (and now my grandkids). Hardly a day goes by that I don't get to spend some time with one or more of them, either in person, by phone or on Skype video (my only son and his family live in the USA, and he travels the world for his stage and movie make-up and special effects business). Having tiny grandchildren is a special source of happiness, too. Like my "Qute Quintet": my five youngest grandchildren. They play together regularly and Loughlin, Saxon and Lennox are brothers who adore each other. You can meet them here:

Image.

Update: We've since added Kael, now almost 2 yo, to make our Super Six!

• Making a difference. Helping to improve other peoples' happiness — through good health, income security and family relationships — is a wonderful way to improve your own happiness, I find. Losing yourself (especially on bad days) in service to others is a powerful way to overcome unhappiness, disappointment, etc. And it's so easy to do... there are people in your community (online and offline), circle of friends, neighbours, etc, who are suffering, feeling low, ill, etc who could benefit from a little unconditional kindness right now, every day. They're not hard to find and you don't have to look very hard, I find.

NEW to FORUM Marketing? Get better, faster results without breaking the rules.
FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 pm 

My own happiness includes the chance to have a happy family, success in my own business, and the chance to share success with others.

When I can see others succeeding using information that I have shared, I think it is an amazing thing!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:14 am 

In my opinion happiness is not dependent on anything.

Being happy is a matter of being happy.

Happiness never was the goal of our efforts. Self-persistence is our goal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm 

profitclinic wrote:
For me, happiness revolves around a few simple things:

• Being stress-free! Nothing undermines our happiness more than stress, especially emotional stress. I have Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism. People on the autism spectrum operate just below threshold for stress, which is why children, especially, can suffer emotional "meltdowns" when they rise above that threshold. Just a change in routine, or too many neural signals (noise, visual clutter, crowds, demands, etc) can trigger unbearable stress for them. I've trained myself to not accept stress, or to avoid, prevent or minimise it. It's made a HUGE difference to my own happiness, and by teaching others — including my children and grandchildren — to do the same, it's made a similar difference to their happiness, too.
  • Good health, although I can be happy even on bad days. I suffer from several progressive, degenerative neurological disorders that can spoil an otherwise good day and prevent me doing much at all, and I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer, but I still have the other factors that help to make me happy.
  • Income security — especially having residual income streams that don't rely on me being healthy enough to work. Money worries can destroy happiness very easily.
  • My family. Especially my grandchildren, now that my children are all independent adults with lives of their own. I've worked consistently to build great relationships with all of my kids (and now my grandkids). Hardly a day goes by that I don't get to spend some time with one or more of them, either in person, by phone or on Skype video (my only son and his family live in the USA, and he travels the world for his stage and movie make-up and special effects business). Having tiny grandchildren is a special source of happiness, too. Like my "Qute Quartet": my four youngest grandchildren. They play together regularly and Loughlin and Saxon are brothers who adore each other. You can meet them here: http://counselfamily.org/2012album/.
  • Making a difference. Helping to improve other peoples' happiness — through good health, income security and family relationships — is a wonderful way to improve your own happiness, I find. Losing yourself (especially on bad days) in service to others is a powerful way to overcome unhappiness, disappointment, etc. And it's so easy to do... there are people in your community (online and offline), circle of friends, neighbours, etc, who are suffering, feeling low, ill, etc who could benefit from a little unconditional kindness right now, every day. They're not hard to find and you don't have to look very hard, I find.

Thanks for a great comment about this topic. I think this is the powerful way to happiness for all human.

Business Hunters™ is a boutique M&A firm focused on selling private businesses for its maximum value through our unique Value Maximiser Exit Plan™.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:24 am 

Terry Hopper wrote:
Thanks for a great comment about this topic. I think this is the powerful way to happiness for all human.

Glad you think so, Terry.

It's the foundation of everything we do at the Profit Clinic. This short video explains our Mission:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:12 pm 

My definition of happiness is the ability to have my money work for me (and not the other way around). I want the ability to live my life without worrying about how much money I need to put for retirement, the kids college fund or the lovely infamous bills! In my perfect happy world all of my friends and family would be worry free and financially independent to do whatever they wanted to do. My definition of happy would have to include income and happiness for all human kinds. If my family and I are the only ones happy then that isn't a happy life for me or other.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:02 pm 

Karen, what would happiness look like to you if you had no money worries?

I think defining happiness as some kind of absence of financial stress is understandable, but pretty limited in scope.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:20 am 

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I am getting married in two months, so aside from stress with planning, I have a million reasons to be happy.

I guess ultimately happiness for me is having people in my life who I love and who love me and who I can spend time with (friends, family, significant other). Being healthy and able to enjoy my favorite past times - taking trips, reading, socializing, EATING! And doing something with my life that I enjoy and that gives my life meaning - from my volunteer work with children to my career. And being comfortable, both in the sense of where I stand, in what i am trying to achieve, and merely financially comfortable so that I lack nothing. Surprisingly enough I don't want to be rich and I don't even think having my student loan paid off will be something to make me happy. But always having enough to live comfortably and enjoy my life without worrying about how I am going to pay my basic expenses is a pretty big factor to being happy. I lived in a family that struggled with this growing up. So, I can't say that I want to be completely worry-free per se....you learn a lot and grow through these types of experiences...but I don't want to struggle month to month. I don't think anyone does.

Aside from the career part, which I'm still sorting out, everything else is quite perfect. I am truly fortunate and happy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:36 pm 

As for me, happiness is pretty simple, is when I can know my passion and pursue it.
I'm searching for my passion for years now as I never truly feel satisfied in all of my jobs. I mean the "so-called" passion that Steve Jobs always talked about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:03 pm 

Being able to do the things you enjoy doing is part of it,
as I wrote in a previous reply.

Also - as today - having seen some actual sales in our webshop
that actually buy in higher quantities that before also does add
to my happiness.

(BTW It also would be great when you all reading this become buyers
and take a look at our many recently added Brand New Christmas
& New Years Designs.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 am 

The most important is happiness and health of my family and close friends. I have close relationships with them and knowing that they are ok makes me really happy.
Also financial independence and security is very important to me. I don't have to earn millions, but the ability to pay my own bills, buy things that I need (and sometimes don't need, but simply want) and still be able to save a decent amount of money makes me peaceful and happy. I can't imagine not being able to make ends meet, that would be too stressful!
Doing what I enjoy - it relates to both my job and my free time. I just recently found a job that I actually enjoy and now I see how stressed and unhappy I was with my previous occupation, and that makes me appreciate my current job even more.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:03 am 

i have a pretty expensive hobby so im making money atm