Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:46 pm 

I heard a good idea from a participant on Jeanna Gabellini's very cool Q and A on Joint Venture Partnerships (or strategic alliances) for online businesses, specifically coaches, experts, authors, and others that provide information and/or expertise in personal or business development. The participant asked if there was a Facebook Community so people could build relationships and collaborate on Joint Venture Partnerships. There wasn't, so I put one up. It is called the Joint Venture Exchange. Everyone is welcome to join this free Facebook community.

Here is the link:https://www.facebook.com/groups/jvprofitexchange/

Not meant to replace this discussion thread or excellent, but expensive membership JV communities like Rich German and Milana Leshinsky's JV Insider Circle, but I hope it will become a good place for online start ups and other entrepreneurs looking for a free alternative to build relationships and foster joint venture arrangements/strategic alliances.

For our purposes here, joint ventures are an agreement between two or more online businesses or entrepreneurs in complementary niches or who reach the same target audience and come up with ways to promote each other by creating win-win situations. Joint Ventures are a powerful strategy to grow business and there are lots of ways of forming partnerships or strategic alliances. It is all about adding value and helping each other out.

There are lots of ways to form these joint ventures or strategic alliances:

1. Cross- Promote. This is the most well known JV strategy where you cross promote each other, but if you don't have a big list and/or are new, you can add value by offering to do a free teleseminar/webinar or product in exchange for your partner promoting to their people and list.

2. Interview Each Other - You can interview each other for your blog, podcast or newsletter. This is an easy way to support each other.

3. Co-Host an Event – Team up with a partner and co-host a teleseminar, webinar or workshop together. It is always easier and more fun to do something like this together by combining your expertise, ideas and resources.

There are many other ways too.

Not meant for MLM's. Sorry.

I invite everyone interested to join this free community.

Here is the link again. https://www.facebook.com/groups/jvprofitexchange/

Hope to see many of you there.

Be Great!

Michael.
The Boomer - Millennial Women's Entrepreneur Challenge Podcast
On Itunes at http://tinyurl.com/mr2zzeh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:31 pm 

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Just be careful not to confuse joint ventures and strategic alliances. They're very different things.

Most online JVs are NOT joint ventures at all — they're really just strategic SALES alliances (they're not even strategic marketing alliances).

Joint ventures require the establishment of a third party corporate entity in which the JP partners take equity stake holdings. The JV is a separate business which operates independently of the stake holders.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 am 

Thank You, John and yes, I agree. strategic alliance is indeed a more appropriate term, Joint Venture seems to have been hijacked by the online marketing community and it can be confusing. I used the term because that is the term floating around out there for these type of arrangements and strategic alliance is not used as much although it should be.

Thank you again, John for clearing that up.

Be Great!

Michael.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:41 pm 

No problem, Michael. I'm only too well aware of the tendency of IMers to hijack terminology and give it their own meaning.

These are the same opportunists who try to convince everyone that marketing is really just another, nicer, less offensive word for selling.

It's not.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:25 am 

LMAO, John. I agree 100%. You can't be profitable without selling no matter what you call it.

Have an awesome day.

Be Great!

Michael.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:34 am 

I like all the friendly comments, I am very happy.