Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:27 pm 

Hi, I am new to the online world and came across a book about Email Marketing. I got interested and now started working on it. I decided to try the following:

Email Marketing about Travel Blogging. I travel the world and want to share my adventures.

- I set up an Opt In Page
- I created a Free Gift when people give me there Email Adresses
- I wrote an Email series of inspiring travel stories.

Now I am in doubt: Do you think people are actually interested in these kind of Emails? Do you think they would enjoy reading my travel adventures? I also dont have any clue about affiliate links yet... What is it that I could actually offer to them where in return I will make some revenue? Or is maybe a travel blog the better alternative?

Do you have an opinion?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:44 pm 

We have the same aspirations. You continue with what you are doing and when you observed it is not working as expected, try another method.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm 

I am currently a little in self doubt if I am heading into the right direction. But yes, I guess try and error.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:44 am 

Santos wrote:
I am currently a little in self doubt if I am heading into the right direction. But yes, I guess try and error.

Learn the difference between "push" and "pull" content distribution.

Push promotion is where you seek permission to send information to the reader/viewer.

Pull promotion is where you attract readers/viewers to your content.

In reality, most promotion of content involves both push and pull.

For example:

An email newsletter is a form of PUSH promotion of content. But in order to get readers to SUBSCRIBE, you usually have to PULL them toward your subscription form.
(Examples: Paid advertising, guest article writing in another email newsletter, guest blogging articles on other blogs — with your blog or website link in the author's bio, NOT your subscription link. That's poor etiquette.)

A blog is a form of PULL promotion of your content. But in order to attract people to your blog — and get them to subscribe to your email notifications for new articles — you need to PUSH promote your blog to prospective readers/viewers.

Both are valid. The difference lies in how the content is delivered.

Another alternative that I use is to publish extracts of articles on my Facebook Pages which link to my blogs or website articles.

I don't bother with email notifications much any more because of the poor open rates for email (less than 10%).

Instead I use push notifications via Facebook Messenger.

By using a cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) system — in my case, FeelSocial from fbMessageMagic — I can subscribe people who message me from my Facebook Business Pages (up to five different Pages) using autoresponder-style message sequences, up to 2,000 messages per month, for just USD $27 per month (or USD $270 per year — two months free). I can also broadcast to them with offers, coupons, etc.

Delivery rates for this service are 100%right inside their Facebook Messenger inboxes.

You can learn more here: https://youtu.be/3WzET0_nE2w

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/