Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:53 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am 

Hey everyone!

I'd like to ask some help and honest opinions for my website/webstore, It's based on Wordpress with Woocommerce, I love to build website so I put much time and energy into it. I started this webstore together with a good friend of me who is located in the United States.

But the biggest problem is: it's not converting at all, this new website got released on the 12th of July this year. Since then we received 818 unique visitors, 10k page views and an average bounce rate of 34% also average of 15 new subscribers per month to our newsletter. I don't know if this adds extra value but since we went online we had 30 abandoned carts with a total value of almost $56.000.

We make some sales through Facebook though, but the site doesn't at all we haven't made a single sale yet.

The webstore is located at: https://www.rcpullingparts.com/usa/

So I'm hoping that some of you want to take a look on the website and tell me some points of improvement, even if I had a 1% conversion rate of all the abandoned carts I'd be happy but it slowly start to eat me because I have 2 other business websites which have the exact same problem and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong at this point :?:

Thanks in advance! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:49 pm 

I can see a number of issues that really need attention with your site and products.

First, it simply lists products and prices, with minimal information. Buy them or don't buy them — that's it.

Second, there's no clear targeting of a specific audience or who you're trying to reach. No segmentation, either.

Are these toys? Scale models? Operating units? None of the images show any indication of size or scale or even purpose. Not enough information to be even able to decide whether this is what they're seeking — or not.

The visitor is left entirely on their own to figure out if this is what they want — or not.

In other words, there's little or no MARKETING apparent on the site, and no SELLING.

My suggestion? Attend a FREE Marketing webinar on 12 September 2017 that will teach you the basis of what your site needs — a marketing strategy that actually WORKS!

This is the first of a FREE series of 10 webinars I'll be presenting online on this subject.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:39 am 

Thank you very much for your feedback!

To be honest, I have never thought of these things, since we're 24/7 in this stuff we know what everything is used for, I'm definitely going to make these changes and see how that affects the numbers :) I'll let you know once I got everything adjusted.

Also, thanks for accepting me in the FB group really looking forward to the webinars :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:25 pm 

You're welcome :D

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:25 am 

I just noticed I posted the link which goes straight to the webstore. But originally most visitors will see www.rcpullingparts.com where is written who we are and what we do, from there they can choose if they want to visit the USA or European store (EU still offline) or to find a Dealer somewhere near them.

Could you please also give some feedback on the main site? :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 am 

Site looks good,

It's great to see that it's innovative, only
I would like to see a more direct simple general heading telling me
in general what it is that you actually sell.

Car parts for consumers? - for garage owners?,
things for model builders?

Thanks for bringing this up, because in our own web stores
we communicate clearly that we have
- Colorful Nature Inspired Designs -

Only it's isn't directly clearly communicated
that we mainly have (specially designed)

* Clothing; Shirts, Shoes & Leggings,
* Home & Pets Products and

* Office Products.