Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 pm 

Interesting is yahoo still using their own bot now that they fall under bing? i honestly never bother with those two. A crawl rate increase ca mean many many things , it can be google suspecting a site of breaking the guidelines. I know many users who often report a spike in crawls before they get hit with a penalty. Consistent good crawling however i think is rooted in Activity , fresh content and quality content as already mentioned. Google also will crawl something more often id there is a current search trend towards that particular subject. I dont think in any case its a bad thing unless you know you may have done something that is questionable.
But then again i also dont believe that anything with google is black and white, the guessing game they make " seo's" play is essential in a healthy online ecosystem.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 am 

Never forget, either, that Google considers itself and all SEO operators to be in an adversarial relationship.

“By 1997 search engines recognized that webmasters were making efforts to rank well in their search engines, and that some webmasters were even manipulating their rankings in search results by stuffing pages with excessive or irrelevant keywords. Early search engines, such as Altavista and Infoseek, adjusted their algorithms in an effort to prevent webmasters from manipulating rankings.

“Due to the high marketing value of targeted search results, there is potential for an adversarial relationship between search engines and SEO service providers. In 2005, an annual conference, AIRWeb, Adversarial Information Retrieval on the Web, was created to discuss and minimize the damaging effects of aggressive web content providers.

“Companies that employ overly aggressive techniques can get their client websites banned from the search results. In 2005, the Wall Street Journal reported on a company, Traffic Power, which allegedly used high-risk techniques and failed to disclose those risks to its clients. Google’s Matt Cutts later confirmed that Google did in fact ban Traffic Power and some of its clients.” 

Source: Wikipedia.org

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:20 am 

profitclinic wrote:
Never forget, either, that Google considers itself and all SEO operators to be in an adversarial relationship.

Google vs the world right :), i dont particularly care for google itself, but its success or failure ( Note i dont mean this as a complete failure ) does have secondary implications on what i do with regards to android , chrome and other "google browsers", gmb and so forth.

Yes as you say i realised this recently , as facebook released Facebook Creator squaly aimed at youtube ( which is google ) ,
Google home , and pixel fiasco is all aimed at apple' siri and the iphones as well as Amazon echo.
Im pretty sure if i do digging i would find microsoft in the mix aswell maybe with azure.

Maybe not just competing as se operators but i think google wants more than just that and that involves all the peripherals around search engines

Quote:
“Due to the high marketing value of targeted search results, there is potential for an adversarial relationship between search engines and SEO service providers. In 2005, an annual conference, AIRWeb, Adversarial Information Retrieval on the Web, was created to discuss and minimize the damaging effects of aggressive web content providers.

While i appreciate the efforts of google making thins harder , because its separates those who are looking to make a quick buck online nd those whom are unethical in their techniques.

Google advocates the "long game" , quality content and everything pointed towards a better user experience. I fear however that google has dropped its standards in this regard.

You cant buy links to boost you ranking and gain exposure maybe because google would rather have you purchase that exposure and rank in adwords and now even local pack listings maybe because google realises that people who pay for their position are less likely to put up rubbish content. Who knows.

Its a three way win for google ( better sites on their se , better user experience due to better websites , and the revenue from users and adwords ect. ).

Ive sen sites that use adwords and come up ontop of a query , they arent always of the best quality or the best result to what i searched \.

I think we have to remember above all else , google is a corporation , a aggressive one at that . They are here to make many plain and simple , you can jump on the bandwagon and try make your cut.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:06 am 

nesir wrote:

Ive sen sites that use adwords and come up ontop of a query , they arent always of the best quality or the best result to what i searched \.

I think we have to remember above all else , google is a corporation , a aggressive one at that . They are here to make many plain and simple , you can jump on the bandwagon and try make your cut.

That's how Google has been since the internet happened. Google RankBrain focuses more on content quality rather than keyword stuffing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm 

Adwords results at the top of the Google SERPs is hardly news… they're clearly marked as ADs on each one.

They DO NOT guarantee you success.

• Good SEO gets you found online.
  • Good SEO can position you in respected company.
  • Good SEO attracts prospects to your content or offer — if it’s the right stuff.
  • Good SEO is an intelligent form of leverage if it’s used intelligently!
  • White Hat” SEO is intelligent behaviour. (“Black Hat” SEO is a death-wish.)
  • Good SEO gives Search Engines what they want.
  • Good SEO gets you higher rank and better results.
  • Good SEO builds awareness and credibility for you and your business.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm 

I know adwords has been around, and i dont literally mean you are buying a first spot , i know there is still work involved in seo when using adwords. But its so much more important now , because you have invested money in it, thats causing quality to rise imo. How much easier is seo with ad words , how much more exposure do you gain if you do it right.... If it wasnt then why would you even pay for it.

There is a marked increase in advertising for adwords , i receive almost bi weekly emails now.

I can write the greatest content in the world , if i dont do proper seo , or marketing nobody will ever read or use it.

I think the bottom of the internet is going to fall off and users whom invest in their sites are going to have more and by this means google will encourage use of THEIR paid services, this is how google will deal with the absurd amount of websites coming in.

Also remember google is fighting battles on many fronts, apple , facebook , microsoft to name a few have all launched products directly aimed at some of googles platforms ( im not saying google hasnt done the same ). Its easy to give a free or inexpensive services when you have the monopoly, when you dont have that, you need to make sure you revenue streams are covering your upfront battles. ( because google clearly lost some of those battles and they need to make up for it somewhere ) .

Personally i am all for google.

Anyway these are only my opinions , i accept i could be horribly wrong ( and in a way i sort of hope i am ) ,i guess we will see in time.