Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:22 am 
I'm starting with 2 affiliate programs and a MLM. I have 3 sites to promote.

But how do I get more visitors to my sites? I'm using twitter a bit and am now in several forums, what else can I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm 

An important lesson for all beginners

To succeed in business of any kind, including affiliate marketing and network marketing, one of the keys to success is to be pro-active... to learn to find the know-how you need, and to discern what's useful and valuable — and what's not.

That takes time, effort and discipline. It takes a very clear and compelling personal vision of what you want to achieve and create, to sustain you through all the setbacks, the obstacles, the failures and the discouragements that will come your way. Count on it.

One of the traps that new people fall into all the time is what I call "Baby Bird Syndrome"... they think it's enough to simply sit on their backsides, safe in their nests, open their mouths and squawk for what they want. They think that, if they squawk loudly enough and often enough, whatever they need or want will be delivered to them without effort.

Or, in the immortal words of the great philosopher, Confucion:

"Person who sit crossed-legged, with mouth open, waiting for roast duck to fly in, can expect v-e-r-y long wait."

This is the Internet. All the know-how in the world is available to you, much of it free. But you have to do the work to find and evaluate it. It won't come to you.

What will come to you, relentlessly and unsought, are spam and endless, hype-riddled sales pitches.

Finding reliable mentors is another key to success. But they have to know what they're doing to be successful — and to be willing and able to help YOU become successful.

But, even then, YOU need to do the finding.

Here's a revealing incident that I recount in my FREE online book, "Don't Go Into Small Business Until You Read This Book!"

A young business reporter found himself seated on a plane next to one of America's most successful businessmen. He recognised the man immediately and was very excited at the prospect of scoring an interview with him. Alas, the businessman made it clear he was only interested in catching up on some much-needed sleep.

But our young reporter friend was determined, so he leaned over and, after introducing himself, said "Excuse me, Mr ——————, I don't like to disturb you, but I'd really appreciate knowing the secret of your success. Can you tell it to me in a nutshell, please?"

Without opening his eyes, the businessman replied "Two words... make decisions!".

The young reporter mulled these words over and over in his mind. Finally, unable to decipher the mystery, he disturbed his companion again.

"Sorry to bother you, but something troubles me. How on earth do you know how to make the right decisions?"

The reply was immediate.

"One word... experience!"

Once again, the youngster turned the idea over in his mind until he could no longer resist one final question.

"I'm sorry, sir, but you have me intrigued. How do you gain the experience needed to make those right decisions?"

The reply?

"Two words... wrong decisions!"

You'll find other FREE resources to help you make the right decisions at http://profitclinic.com.au and http://REALnetworkmarketing.com.

Good luck! :D

John Counsel

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

Post subject: Marketing ideas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:48 am 

Each human being faces marketing ideas every day. Marketing ideas can be different from simple ones to complicated hardly to be resolved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm 
Excited-Dave wrote:
I'm starting with 2 affiliate programs and a MLM. I have 3 sites to promote.

But how do I get more visitors to my sites? I'm using twitter a bit and am now in several forums, what else can I do?

You are on the right track Dave! Just continue on Twitter. Search for someone with same field and follow him. Try to follow some of his followers too. You can bet many of his followers are interested also in your topics. Build up your reputation in Twitter. Twitter is a great internet marketing tool!
Good Luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 am 

If you are using Twitter make sure you are interacting with people you share interests with. Get involved in the conversation and contribute. This does not mean to pitch your products. That is a complete turn off to most people on Twitter and you will be ignored. People like those who add value to what their doing. Don't mention your products or services initially. First see if you can build a relationship with them first and then invite them over to your blog or website.

Most importantly interact in the forums and on Twitter and provide value to the conversation. This will help you generate targeted traffic to your website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:19 pm 

Prift clinic hit your question right on the nose. The key to success in this industry is to simply make yourself valuable to the people you interact with. Have a system to duplicate your efforts! Thats it in a nutshell.

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:15 am 
This seems to be my problem too. I need more visibility for my website.

[Link removed. Please place in sig file.]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:59 pm 

Well, you can do multiple things:

1. Pay Per Click Advertising
2. Banner Advertising
3. Use Google to get FREE targeted traffic

You must optimize your sites first though. It takes time, but keep at it. Once you build it up with multiple avenues of traffic it will grow exponentially. :D

It took me a few months to start building up any traffic, but it was worth it. I have definitely found some quick ways to get highly targeted traffic for free.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 pm 

Social media networking can be the solution of your problem.........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:29 am 
Well...Generating traffic is not a big to consider, it automatically comes when a good strategy is followed in link building. The links builded must be do follow in quality sites. Hope this suggestion helps you. Good Luck...!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 am 
Most importantly interact in the forums and on Twitter and provide value to the conversation. This will help you generate targeted traffic to your website.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:49 pm 
Do forum posting and blog comments that are related to your niche you can also answer some questions that are related to your niche on question and answer sites this could drive direct to your site.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:42 am 

i would just like to add , this is how i see things. We spend so much time wanting to know how googles algorithms work with links and all those things , yet we are never certain . Google is ever changing we will never be certain instead of wasting all that time figuring google out , you have one valuable piece of info about google. Its a corporation and everything it does is for the benefit of it users and its pockets. THAT is the direction its moving in so why not instead of debating a everchanging volatile set of algorithms.

Aim at what google is aiming at , the user. This bring me to the cliche saying of "content is king" . Yes links are undeniably powerful , but consider this. Your content is meant to be of such value that other sites want to link to it in exchange for its usage , this is what natural links truly are imo, and these are the ones that carry real power.

If you dont have that quality content however , but you have a ton of links, lets say good ones , your " super search engine optimisation" is going to let the whole "organic search traffic world" know you have bad content , if your running a brand , that's harder to come back from than even a google penalty.

because psychologically we as humans are wired to remember negative things , as a way to avoid them in the future.

There are no shortcuts. This is just what i think.