Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:00 am 

[Moderator comment: This post was originally posted on another board, but the information is so sound and useful, especially for people just getting started in online marketing, that I'm making it "sticky" and also posting it here on the SEO board.]

Here are the best techniques for SEO:

a) Make sure your website is sufficient quality and provides a product and/or service with true value. This is key.

You can have the best traffic generating systems out there-but if your website does not pass the quality and or value test in eyes of your potential customers you've lost. Irrespective of your website business, your prodcut and or/service offering must provide value in the eyes of your potential customers

b) Submit your website to website directories, you can Google for a list, some are free but many are fee.

I would recommend submitting your website to the free directories at first and as your site stats increase-you can think about paying to some of the other site directories.

c) Submit article to article directories (Ezine, Go-To Articles, etc).

Make the attempt to write one quality article a week with a link back to your site.

d) Create a blog and blog about your niche business industry.

If your site is about travel, you can develop a blog about the travel industry, write about helpful tips for the last minute traveler-etc.

e) Offer a free product and/or service give away on your site.

Encourage people to sign up for your product and/or service by running a contest on your site. Think outside the box.

f) Conduct a survey on your site to solicit information from your list.

what features/services and or products do they want? Make sure you can deliver what your customers want.

g) Contact website owners in your niche filed about doing a link exchange with your site for theirs.

Put a link back on your site in exchange for theirs. But I caution you here-only link with quality sites that are similar and provide quality value. The name of the IM game should always be QUALITY over QUANTITY.

h) Provide a monthly or quarterly ezine subscription to your sign ups/potential customers.

i) Link with social networking sites (LinkedIn, facebook, squidoo lens, etc)

j) Sign up with google alerts (as I do) to bloggers in your niche field.

Comment on their blogs, but only comment to provide true value with respect to your niche business. Never SPAM anyone or the IM game is over and will hurt your reputation.

k) Sign up with Yahoo Answers, Ask.com, and Yedda.

You can search for answers in your niche field and provide helpful input and advise-which will increase your website visibility and you will be viewed as a regular contributor and someone who has knowledge in his filed.

l) Participate in many online forums, specifically in your niche field.

Offer helpful input and suggestions for many who ask questions. Provide value by helping others. I do this here. Although my niche field is personal goal setting, I help others by providing value on this forum and others have helped me. But always remember to pay it forward; always give more in these forums by giving back than taking out, that's my motto.

Hope this is helpful and good luck in your business!

http://www.websitetutorialonline.com

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:16 am 

:D Thanks for the compliment :angel:

http://www.websitetutorialonline.com

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 pm 

Good tips. I personally dont use link exchanges because 1 way links are more effective. I recommend doing blog posts or purchasing one way backlinks instead.

http://www.millionairesponsor.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 pm 
Glad to see article submission on your list. I'm successful in that area. Thanks for posting it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 am 

All tips were really very effective to me....... I also contribute to forums for promoting my website as it gives me targeted visitors as well as good link juice to my web site.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 am 

joelb wrote:
Good tips. I personally dont use link exchanges because 1 way links are more effective. I recommend doing blog posts or purchasing one way backlinks instead.

Link exchanges with quality sites in the related niche are helpful. They get you traffic (though they may also bleed some if you have more traffic than the person you exchange with) and they help Google know what your site is about and trusted by a site they already trust.

But for "voting" purposes, yep, no vote.

Free Step by Step Guide on How To Build Your First Website
Turn Your Photographs Into Cash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:21 am 

joelb wrote:

i think link exchanges are outdated now.. I read somewhere that Google doesn't prefer it anymore. Some people even claim that 3 way linking is better than 2 way exchange.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:03 am 

Yes, that's been the case for some years.

Google considers two-way link exchanges to be self-serving ("I'll link to you if you link to me").

Jon Leger has proven, over and over again, that one-way and three-way links work far more successfully.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 pm 

Thanks for the information. It is really helpful. Will be implementing them for my site ranking.

Thanks again.

Regie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 pm 

joelb wrote:

purchasing links is strongly discouraged by Google unless you purchase it solely for advertisement. If you still intend to buy links then consider buying nofollow links.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:10 pm 

I am a little bit new to SEO, Ive heard of two-way links. But what are three way links?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35 pm 

Three-way links are where three different sites are used to provide back-links that never link to each other.

For example:

Site A links to site B — but not to site C.
Site B links to site C — but not to site A.
Site C links to site A — but not to site B.

Google cancels out 2-way links on the basis that they're just link swaps, which have no real relevance to search engine users.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 pm 

Very interesting. Makes sense. Thank you for the quick response!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:51 am 

Guest posting to relevant websites is also a very good thing to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 am 
All tips are good and I would to tell people you also emphasize on link wheel also, it is really a good thing to do.