Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:13 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 am 

1. I will strictly ask you to not to have a flash site designed for you if you have to be at the top of the search engine. Yes, I know it looks awesome but it does nothing more than hindering your all search engine optimization strategies. You don't need to provide your visitors an eye candy, dude just provide them some helpful content.

2. Always remember to use navigation menu at the right side of each page of your site, why? because search engines count the first few phrases appearing on the page, this way you would provide the search engines the content first.

3. Make your pages cross browser compatible. Though this is very difficult even for the most experienced among us, TRY!

4. Time your page for its loading speeds. Remember, though a graphic image looks really good on your site, its hateful if your visitors have to wait hours for it to load. You may be using a high speed connection, the whole world doesn't. Your page has to be quick to load.

5. Too many images have exactly the opposite effect then they are meant to have. So, do everything in proportion… including putting in graphics and animations.

6. Colour combinations matter. Your text has to be readable & as importantly if not more, worth reading.

7. Always work on a good navigation structure… Remember if a client cant find your contact info or order link, you'd miss on a sale.

8. Make your site search engine friendly. Its no use having the best site in the world which no one can find. And for every one's sake don't mess around with hidden layers to get a high listing on the engines. It is JUST NOT worth the risk!

9. If you have ad banners, place them with a little thought. Too many of those little pop ups are the most annoying thing on the web and more often then not deter visitors from sticking onto your site rather than earn you some extra cash.

10. Lastly… you never know everything. Over the years and after designing a dozen sites, I still learn something new from ever project that I undertake. Guys you can never be perfect when it comes to coding… And if you are… then there is always room to improve perfection.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 am 

Every webmaster should know these great rules. If you don't follow them it will probably cost you with some search engines rankings.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm 
Good Points.I am also sharing some other effective tips must follow by every web designer that are don't forget to use alt and title attributes while designing pages,always develop a sitemap for google as well for users,use robots.txt file at root directory and never forget to use Java Script necessary for the progressive enhancement of website.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:46 am 

your points are good for seo point of view but I want to add something more like header footer and logo should be attractive and the am should unique and attractive and have plug ins for success of your site like twitter, face book and rss feeds

[Link removed by moderator. Please read the rules.]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:14 pm 
The tips mentioned in this article is really helpful as well as useful. I was about to create a new website and this points can really help me out. Here are some other points which my friend told me to take care of :

- Use practical coding techniques
- Do not use Flash or Ajax in abundance
- Insert SEO friendly keywords in your links
- Optimize Images
- Create an xml sitemap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:53 am 
Here are SEO tips for a web designer:

-Have great linking with footers
-Keep a horizontal directory structure
-Look at search bots as browsers
-CSS image replacement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:47 am 

Care to elaborate for the benefit of less experienced viewers?

What do these items actually mean?

Why are they important?

How do you actually DO those things?

What's involved?

What are the risks? The danger zones?

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 am 

Location: California Institute of Technology,Office of Undergraduate Admissions,Mail Code 1-94
Always remember to use navigation menu at the right side of each page of your site!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:54 am 

jingjing wrote:
Always remember to use navigation menu at the right side of each page of your site!

Why?

Why not the left side?

Rational, objective reasons based on research, please... not personal preference or belief.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 am 

is there any better tools to evaluate your SEO plan than google analytics? i'm wonder if the result will be different for different tools.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:45 am 
Once your website is live, you should detect its strengths and weaknesses to know which actions to take. Keep an eye on keywords that bring you traffic and check out the links that bring traffic to the popular pages containing these keywords.
If you are targetting some keywords, check out where they are ranking in Google search results.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:58 am 

I would also say:
- get an metadescription on all of your images, google can't read jpg :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm 

Here are some addition general SEO tips to make money!

1) Regular Interval Posting
2) Unique Content
3) Low Keyword Optimized(in title, 5-6% content, product link, tags)
4) 300-500 Word Per Article
5) Good Grammer Spelling (Good point. Correct spelling = grammar. Moderator. :wink: )
6) High PR Submission Site
7) Link Clusters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 am 

As per my knowledge some SEO tips for a web Designer :

Moderator comment:
This is stolen content which has now been removed.
This is not the first offence by you (under different usernames, which is also forbidden under forum rules).
You've now been banned from these forums.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 am 
Great Search Engine Optimization tips provided from all of you..It will really help everyone to know more about it and also it will help the new comers to learn it quickly...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next