Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:08 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:48 pm 

G'day gang :D

Fresh, original, high-quality content from a well-optimized site with plenty of quality back-links is still the best way to ensure your site is crawled frequently.

Take a look at the "Who is online?" section at the foot of any page of these forums. I'm frequently surprised and impressed by how often, and for how long, both Google bot and Yahoo! bot are on this site, usually at the same time. (They're both here as I write this.)

UPDATE: Google bot and Yahoo! bot are both back just a few hours later.

UPDATE: (24 hours later): Looks like Google bot and Yahoo! bot are crawling these forums every 4-6 HOURS. Do you understand what that means? IF you use the knowledge responsibly and intelligently?

UPDATE: (3 hours later): Google bot and Yahoo! bot are back crawling these forums again just 3 hours after the last crawl... TWICE the frequency we thought.

UPDATE: (3 and 6 hours later): Okay... the pattern is established. Google bot and Yahoo! bot are both crawling these forums every 3 hours.

UPDATE: (Two months later): Google bot and Yahoo! bot are both crawling these forums MULTIPLE times EVERY HOUR.

Seriously, folks... trashing spammers is a very worthwhile practice for forum owners and moderators. It encourages quality visitors and quality posting. Sure, It's tedious and boring doing it, but the rewards are definitely worth it. (Is YOUR site being routinely crawled by Google and Yahoo! multiple times [i]every hour?)[/i]

Think about it this way: What's the fastest way to get rid of graffiti?

Answer: Make life impossible for the vandals who do it! Keep removing or covering up the graffiti as soon as it appears. There's nothing more discouraging to them. The morons will usually keep coming back to try to wear you down, but it's always a case of the one who blinks first loses.

It's exactly the same for forum spammers and abusers. You have to make it safer, easier, better and smarter for them to go somewhere else than to keep pestering YOU. (Remember... they're also lazy and stupid.)

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:51 am 

This is really impressive. Search engines just love quality website that being updated constantly...
I saw a .gov forum that if you post something, Google index it withing a few minutes! But i guess you have to work hard to get to that level.
Anyway, Good work!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:26 am 
WOW, This is really great

PK SEO Spam signature removed by moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm 

I'm about to start more detailed monitoring from tomorrow because I now suspect that the spidering of these forums is actually more frequent than every 3 hours. It could even be as frequent as every hour right now.

Do you follow the topics here on the forums? I'm setting up Google Alerts for some key topics to try to get additional documentation.

I'll let you know the results in a week or two.

John

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm 

do you use any particular meta's to direct search engines? so that they crawl your page after every 3 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 pm 

Sara,

That's a question I can't answer, since Dave and Heidi Perry own and administer this site and therefore control all of the controllable SEO aspects.

I suspect it has more to do with

1. the quality and frequency of posting,
  2. our relentless actions against forum spammers — and especially SEO spammers.

We won't be letting up on that anytime soon.

John

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:00 pm 
if so then it is really great news for home business online because very rare forums can claim like this. google normally visits site after 1 week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm 

Wow. I knew they crawled forums, since I've had them show up in search results, but I didn't realize they could "like" forums so much. I guess b/c there can be as much, if not more, info in a thread than on a blog or webpage article?

Then that makes sense, but I certainly wouldn't have thought about it otherwise. Thanks for the info! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 pm 

I've noticed that Google and Yahoo bots are online (usually together) most times I log on now. I really need to set up a way to measure the frequency of their visits more accurately.

I've also noticed that the frequency has increased since I began cracking down hard on SEO spammers. (And I just raised the bar again this morning, as you'll see around the forums.)

John

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:31 am 

I agreed with profitclinic, fresh quality content is most important thing for calling to google bot. If you are updating your website with fresh content you will check that google visit ever time when you update your website.

and yes, quality backlink is important too. For indexing new website you just need some pages that has fresh content and only one link for calling google bot..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:24 am 

Okay... it looks like the forums are being crawled MULTIPLE times EVERY HOUR. No definitive stats yet, but that seems to be the pattern.

John

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:23 pm 
This is great!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:18 am 
I am confused with your post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 pm 

leenaRay wrote:
I am confused with your post

What confuses you about it? What's not clear to you?

It's important, when you're new, to get the answers you need, so please feel free to ask.
It's what makes these forums so useful and valuable to so many of our newer, less experienced members. :)

John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:03 pm 
Thats really nice to hear because It will eventually benefits the members and help them to get more exposures to their sites and services that they are promoting in their signatures.