Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm 

Moderator comment:
Post content swiped from http://www.stickyboomerang.com/category/technology/. No acknowledgement or permission.
Poster has been banned for content theft.

Keywords are the words that report your content. Its important to have them appear in strategic places throughout your page, such as: URL, title tag, and main heading tags. Its also important to have it appear often in the body of the content, but not often, which might cause your content to be penalized for keyword stuffing.
Avoid using Flash for navigation

When building the front finish of your site, make definite to make use of semantic code. By using descriptive tags to structure your pages, search engines will be able to read and have a better understanding of your content. This will also make the method of styling your site much simpler and cleaner.
Use but dont abuse your keywords

As tempting as it is to whip out some lovely looking drop down effects for your sites navigation using flash, dont do it. Search engines have trouble reading flash files, which means the links used in the navigation cant be followed.
Use distinctive page titles

Each page on your web-site ought to have a title attribute, and each title ought to be distinctive. In the event you use the same title for every page, search engines will think that every page on your site is about the same subject.
Dont forget about images

Make use of the alt attribute of an picture to properly report it. As clever as search engines are, they cant see what an picture looks like. Failing to this can cost you substantial traffic from picture searches.
Dont use generic links

Search engines place a high importance on links. So when linking to relevant content, be definite to make use of a word that describes the content. For example, in the event you were giving your reader a link to learn more about Photosop, use something like Learn more about Photoshop as against Learn More.
Dont use images to replace text

Edit: Looks like I misspoke(or mistyped) on this. There's valid ways to accomplish this, such as FIR.
Use AJAX sparingly

As designers, they always need to make things look as lovely as feasible. This means sometimes replacing ugly browser rendered heading text with a pleasant smooth picture. Try to keep away from doing this. Again, search engines cant see the contents of an picture, and this is where you ought to be putting your keywords.

Ajax is great for enhancing the user experience, but try not to over do it. Content generated with ajax cant be linked to. A lovely rule of thumb is: if what you are loading with AJAX can be an individual page, then avoid using it.
Get indexed quickly

To get your site indexed in search engines in a timely manner, try getting it linked to by a popular site in a related niche. Submitting it to Google also works, but sometimes it can take several days if not weeks.
Build incoming links

The number and quality of incoming links plays a giant role in the position of your site in search results. Having quality and distinctive content is a great way to get people to link to your site. Another way is to be generous along with your own links.

Moderator Comment:
Signature blocked for non-compliance with forum TOS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 pm 
i' ll keep in mind these effective and useful tips . !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:12 am 
that s nice man! lots to learn from here.. SEO is like the major trending topic all over. When I open my blog, am gonna see to it that these are used..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:43 pm 
Well described in above information.
its very informative and impressive.
Thanks for ur update.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 pm 
Very informative post for seo beginners ,yes i totally agree short url and also using key word in domain is best for any website success it will help website in ranking fast,and i think content play major role in any website ranking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 pm 
It is really advisable to use SEO to help you promote and develop your website and SEO also help you increase your site popularity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:09 am 

Really informative for the promotion of newly build website. I think content is matter to increase your PR and to reach the targeted audience.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:50 pm 
New website need lots advertisement to come in the internet market. If your website is newly developed than you should do some op page activities and some primary off page activities like social book marking, directory submission and article submission.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 pm 

A typical e-commerce website comprises of thousands of pages with new pages being added on a regular basis. On any page, search engines first look at the title and description tag followed by the content on that page. Search engines absolutely hate duplicate content but many a time, webmasters are unaware to this aspect and replicate duplicate title and description tags

[Faux signature removed. Please read the rules on SIGNATURES: What's okay & what's not.]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 pm 

Nice tips, thanks for sharing. I'm working hard on SEO now, although I haven't achieved the expected result, I will keep the tips in mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 pm 

thank for share, I only just begin learn SEO but I fell SEO is very interesting

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:21 pm 

i am just joined a software house where i am working now..and i think these tips will help me a lot in work..

Moderator comment:
Let me guess: your new job is SEO spamming of forums?
You are currently in breach of THREE or more of the warnings in this notice:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20570

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:41 am 

Start up your website with unique content, with proper url format, complete meta descriptions, etc These major things would help you to have a strong foundation for your website.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 am 

so good, thanks a lot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 am 

Generally SEO is kinda fun. It's also one of those things that computer user can learn on his own, quite easily (but actually I wonder which one is easier to learn these days - SEO or learning some basic programming language)
Visit MOZ often, there are guides for newbies.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next