Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:18 pm 

G'day gang :D

Bob Wan Kim has a new video (free to view) showing key reasons why chasing back-links could actually be hurting your Google rankings.

BobWanKim wrote:
Ever notice that after spending thousands of dollars or hundreds of hours creating links to your site that your site position in Google actually DROPS?

Ever wonder why?

Have you heard of the term "bad link neighborhoods?" Well, that's not even the half of it. Most executives never realize that it is INDEED possible to get a link from a website that actually penalizes your google ranking and standing.

Well, never before released, here are 4 of 11 Reasons Back-Links Are Hurting Your Site Rank: Google SEO Secrets.

In this video, you'll learn how to connect with blogs, facebook, twitter, and other social network communities to raise your search visibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZyTQYureH8

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 am 
Hi,

I did create a lot of links for my new site, just to try it out. It turned out good really fast and we were growing traffic from less than ten visitors a day to 200. We thought the growth would be sustained then Google started the new tricks and sent out warnings. That was the end of the growth. The links campaign were done by freelancers and they posted to a lot of spammy sites.

What I'm wondering about is that, will it affect all of my keyword rankings or just those that had links from the bad sites? I had to stop all of my SEO campaigns for now. I am thinking and researching other possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:11 pm 

From what I've read, it mainly harms sites using back-links from link networks and link farms, etc.

Overall, there's a lot of confusing and conflicting opinion doing the rounds. I even noticed someone offering a plug-in for WordPress that claims to remove or otherwise neutralize links from risky sites. I have no idea whether it works or not or how much it costs. Or even what it's called, sorry.

I'd be inclined to take note of the views of serious, respected authorities in SEO. I suspect there are a lot of urgers and shonky "gurus" claiming the sky is falling just so they can sell you their half-baked info products and tools for fixing your back-links or for creating "safe" ones.

Some of the trustworthy experts I listen to include:

All of these people are genuine authorities in the SEO field, several of them pioneers. Most are personal acquaintances and friends from my days as permanent moderator of the now-legendary I-Sales Digest (forerunner to today's http://MarketingVox.com).

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 pm 

Great post profitclinic. Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm 

Because some backlinks are not related to the site and is not giving any SEO score to the site.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 am 
Many time if you work more on same link with same anchor text then it will drop your keyword ranking. And yah main thing is Backlinks from quality websites.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 am 

Thanks for sharing, the tips are really useful.
I think I have experienced the punishment by Google, I built a lot of backlinks, but the ranking of my website dropped, and even was lower than the competitor, it may because of the quality of the backlinks.
Btw, I like great articles about SEO by Jill Whalen as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:14 am 

Try to take backlinks from relevant and authority website. Dont try to take links from link pages or spammy websites.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 am 

What you really want is a consistency with your backlinks to your website. You don't want to build 2000 blacklinks to your website one day and not build anymore links for 2 weeks after that. This really looks fishy to Google and that could definitely hurt your sites ranking. You want your backlinks to feel natural to Google, in return you will get better ranking. As for anchor text, I like to mix it up but I try to get my targeted keyword in there in some various form.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:42 pm 
backlink should be from good PR website.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm 

Great video. I have touched on the Penguin update quite a bit and know that spurious back links can really hurt your rankings. I also wasn't aware until recently that you could actually delete back links that you don't want. I would highly recommend this for those who find themselves being penalized or not gaining any ground on the search queue.

When trying to generate back links, get the organically and take breaks in between campaigns so you aren't spamming.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 am 

I know it's not easy, and can be nearly impossible for some niches, but I really work hard to produce such good content that it causes others to link to me naturally. That's the best kind of link and it creates stable traffic. Like I said, it's not the easiest thing to do. On the other hand, some people were turning out some stinky garbage content and by using abundant backlinks, were pushing their pages to the top. This is likely what caused Google to unleash the Penguin. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:44 am 

Great!!! Very valuable article, thank you very much.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 pm 

Yep, it's true that a lot of sites were using garbage back links to climb the rankings. Google is aiming to ensure that search results produce sites with quality content, but they are also hurting some who are getting back links unknowingly. I guess it's not necessary to monitor each link carefully and make sure that it is a quality link.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:36 pm 
The reason why maybe because of poor way of building links to your site. Some link builders would only build links elsewhere without considering the need of the site. If you provide trash links it won't do good and only give you headache as time goes by as it cannot benefit you and worst can harm your site.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next