Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:32 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 am 

Thank you profitclinic!

What a beautifully concise and easily-digested way of disabusing people of the "links are everything" myth.

I remember a couple of years ago, that the idea that one should actually build a site, create value and be real was a concept people often scoffed at.

Have a great day!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:39 am 

When your backlinking is 'Artificial', and you create content that
somehow is not that relevant, you probably better just do it more 'Natural'
and simply write relevant comments on relevant blogs, or write replies in
relevant forums.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 am 

To rank well on a search engine (Google rank) there are just two factors involved, the first being a well designed and optimized website and the second being LINKS.
The most important factor is links. Without links your site just can’t rank…
…And it’s not just any kind of links, you need high page rank, authority links from web 2.0 sites.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:42 am 

This is very helpful for me to recovery my ranking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:05 am 

Great post, very informative ..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 am 

Good information, keep sharing posts like this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 am 

Some types of backlinking that still seem to be "safe" realm:

- Press Releases
- Guest Posting
- Basically anything PR related or newsworthy: Getting interviewed, hosting an event that gets coverage from bloggers/new sources

Honestly, I like a lot of the changes that Google is making. It means I probably won't need to do anything like article spinning in the future and publish content across thousands of websites that will generate zero traffic for me. If you become a good marketer instead of a techie you'll have a much better shot at ranking in Google moving forward.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:54 pm 

Brett_Lind wrote:
Honestly, I like a lot of the changes that Google is making. It means I probably won't need to do anything like article spinning in the future and publish content across thousands of websites that will generate zero traffic for me. If you become a good marketer instead of a techie you'll have a much better shot at ranking in Google moving forward.

You're singing the song I've been singing for the past 4-5 years, and which Google has now put into words:

“The best way to do SEO, is to forget about SEO.”

Of course, so many of the latest crop of BSOs at the WSO forum are ebooks and home-study courses showing you how to keep on doing the same SEO stuff without getting caught by Google. *D'oh!*

Those same "gurus" will also tell you that the sun isn't shining at midday. (Yeah... right.)

They'll also tell you exact-match domains will get you slapped, stale content will sink your rankings, no backlinks will annihilate your SERP positions, etc, etc, etc.

I just checked my site http://30dayprofitplan.com. It's years old, hasn't been touched in all that time, has no backlinks and actually doesn't do anything (because I never bothered to complete the ebook). It consists of a single page.

For the search term "30 day profit plan" it's still at #1 on page 1 (out of 38,600 results).

For the search term 30 day profit plan it's #2 on page 1 (out of 94,000,000 results).

For the search term 30+day+profit+plan it's #2 on page 1 (out of 94,000,000 results).

(The reason it's #2 is because the WSO that's at #1 offers a 30-day guarantee in the meta description. It's #2 on the first SERP above.)

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 am 

Too much of back linking would demote the site. Just try to build a quality link from different domains.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 am 

Quote:
Have you heard of the term "bad link neighborhoods?" Well, that's not even the half of it. Most executives never realize that it is INDEED possible to get a link from a website that actually penalizes your google ranking and standing.

Mmhhh i probably disagree on this one :O it would be pretty easy for your competitor to get you out of the SERP's if the following statement is true... Google is using the pinquin update to get rid of the linkfarms etc... that's why a lot of people dropped in the SERP's.. not there website get's penalized but the link to there website gets a lower value then it was before.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:10 am 

Back links hurts Google only if they are not relative as Google love relevancy.It is admitted facts that from 2011 Google and Bing is awarding ranking to a site for a particular keyword if links are from Social Networks like Facebook and twitter.
For SEO of new site always create links with frequency and consistency and slowly. Too much links building practice can penalize your site.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 am 

Google now looks for more diversity in the anchor text in the backlinks. You should be very careful to not have all "exact match" anchor text. They will view that as being very spammy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:51 pm 

businessmole wrote:
I also wasn't aware until recently that you could actually delete back links that you don't want. I would highly recommend this for those who find themselves being penalized or not gaining any ground on the search queue.

When trying to generate back links, get the organically and take breaks in between campaigns so you aren't spamming.

How do you go about deleting back links that you don't want and how do you know that you don't want them?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:40 am 

You can disavow backlinks in Google.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 am 

Thanks a lot for that..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next