Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:39 am 
Hello Friends,

What you people think about penguin update? Please share

Thanks

Moderator comment:
Penguin is the latest Google algorithm update.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:25 pm 

It's just the next phase forward in Google's war on SEO spammers, Black Hatters and abusers. (And don't forget… "Gray Hat" SEO is just Black Hat pretending to be White Hat!)

Here're a couple of recent posts from Justin Brooke's Facebook pages at https://www.facebook.com/sitefling:

Justin Brooke wrote:
SEO BLOODBATH? Yeah that's what it feels like lately...

Daily emails coming in from people with SEO horror stories.

Now they want to listen to me...

They laughed when I said blog networks, SENuke, ScrapeBox and all that jazz was bad for them.

It's not funny now though!

Yeah, I'm tootin my horn hard, because I deserve it. I'm right and I have the answer - like it or not - you can't ignore it.

Stay tuned, I've got your back.

Justin Brooke wrote:
Predicted the future again...

Have you heard of the new "Penguin" update. Basically means you can't choke your content with ads. Too many and you're penalized heavily. Taking them down does not immediately rectify either.

Coincidence that Google says 728x90, 300x250, and 160x600 are the best sizes to use - AND - also the very same sizes I've been recommending in my traffic course??

Nope, these are the most widely accepted sizes and constantly provide the most clicks. If I can see this information, so can Google. They realize other ad sizes are not benefiting the visitors because they are being ignored more often.

Design and optimize for the READER... They are the ones buying from you not Google.

Want a killer traffic tip? Make a website people tell other people about!

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 pm 

Here's a handy link to a useful article. Balanced view, too.

http://www.micrositemasters.com/blog/penguin-analysis-seo-isnt-dead-but-you-need-to-act-smarter-and-5-easy-ways-to-do-so/

Post subject: What Is Google Penguin?
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 am 
Hello Friends! Recently I heard about google penguin (which is updated in 24 April 2012)! Actually I don’t have complete information about it because I heard first time. Now I want to know complete information about the google penguin, will you plz share your knowledge about google penguin:

“What Is Google Penguin”
“How it is work”
“It’s Effect on Site.”
“How Can I secure a site from google penguin”

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 am 

The Google penguin update is looking at such things as what types of websites link to yours, how quickly you acquired these links, and the anchor text used by the linking website.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:10 pm 

Google Penguin, it is new to me. Thanks for posting this topic, I got a lot of useful information here.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:38 am 
it is new rule launched by google on april 24 2012. this rule is specially design for spammers, like keyword stuffing, clocking, duplicate cation etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:54 am 
Hi guys,

I want to know what are the strategies working post penguin update. I have no clue how to work on the sites. Guys please help me out.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:20 am 

jassica wrote:
Hello Friends! Recently I heard about google penguin (which is updated in 24 April 2012)! Actually I don’t have complete information about it because I heard first time. Now I want to know complete information about the google penguin, will you plz share your knowledge about google penguin:

“What Is Google Penguin”
“How it is work”
“It’s Effect on Site.”
“How Can I secure a site from google penguin”

What to do if any site effected this update:
Here are four suggestions to start cleaning up your site:

* If you have links from too many unrelated sites, such as directories, either remove some or try to get more links from related sites. You should have links from related websites at the minimum at 20 percent of your overall links.
* If you have too many keyword links coming in, then vary your keywords and mix your brand name and URL in the links. Have at least 20 percent of your keyword links be non-keyword or brand-based.
* If you are doing sponsored links, be careful! Cancel or remove any links you have from footers. Remove any sponsored links that don’t include a text description next to it. Contextual links are much better, meaning it’s better to have links from within text content of a website.
* Make the above changes a few at a time and wait a few days to see if rankings come back, before proceeding. However, Penguin will only run periodically like Panda, so it could be weeks before any affected websites recover their rankings.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:01 am 

Just wanted to further add to the other bits of great advice that a good way to look at this is to see it as a good opportunity to do an audit/overview/refresh of your site, content and internal and external links. Make sure you have not overstuffed your content with keywords or keyword repetition and ensure that your site has genuine links on keywords that are relevant to your domain and business name.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 pm 

yes i think Google penguin has start a war against spammers....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am 

I like this:

Quote:
They laughed when I said blog networks, SENuke, ScrapeBox and all that jazz was bad for them.

Those people looking for a "fix" or a "fast way" out of Penguin are surely going about it the wrong way. Google is sending a message which is, cut the spam, drop the tricks. Create quality and do the hard work. Shortcuts that are sold as solutions might work today, but will be tomorrow's penalty.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 pm 

I think the best thing to take away from this post is to also stay away from 'gray hat' practices. Most people don't even view them as being black at all in nature, but Google does. If there is anything semi questionable about the way you are generating links stay far away!

There is no quick way to the top of the search engines. Quality content and organic links are the way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 am 

Yes... as far as Google is concerned, GRAY = BLACK posing as white.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:03 pm 

It's even worse because Google makes the rules and aren't always clear as to what they are until their next update. Some people have gotten hit with an update while using tactics that were once considered 'white hat'.

SEO professionals need to be extra careful these days. The line between black and white and even gray is becoming very blurred.