Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:47 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:01 pm 

Dear Vijay,

I've tried network marketing and I think it takes a certain type of person to be successful at it. It seemed I wasn't one of those people. I think if you're offering value it will be a lot easier to promote and make a sale on any product you're marketing. I found it difficult to believe in the health products I was promoting because I didn't get the results the company claimed I would achieve. My sponsor said don't see it as promoting products see it as helping people. I didn't feel like I was helping people by offering them an overpriced milkshake that didn't even work for me. There are people who made a successful business out of what I attempted to do though and enjoyed it, but I felt what I was doing lacked integrity and that's something that's important to me.

I found an online marketing opportunity that completely smashes network marketing to pieces in my opinion. The thing about marketing online is there are roughly 3.17 billion internet users who you can offer value to and promote products to. It's taken some time to learn some things but the community I joined are really helpful and gave me so much before I even considered buying their training package.

Most network marketing opportunities offer great communities too, but the level of income you can make network marketing doesn't match what marketing online offers.

With network marketing you get a commission for every product you sell. With the company I was with I started at Distributor level as everyone did which gave me 25% off products. So for every weight loss programme I sold at around £100 I'd make £25. For each product sold I received volume points, when I sold enough to get 500 volume points I would have moved up to Senior Distributor and got 32% off, meaning every £100 I would have received £32. I could continue up the levels with the more volume points I got based on what I sold and my discount would increase.

A weight loss pack would last 21 days, so I'd make £25 every 21 days if a person bought the products again.

When you had 5 customers you would then consider asking them if they wanted to become distributors and then when they made sales you would get a percentage from the sales they made. You have to be sell, sell, sell, all the time, family, friends and anyone you know, then find more and more people to try and make a decent living from network marketing. People do it but as I said it takes a certain type of person and you have to be passionate about what you're promoting or you're just throwing money down the drain as I did with just over £700. A small price to pay for the lesson I guess.

Daniel

Is the digital life for you?
http://deeplevelchange.com/FreeVideoSeries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:27 pm 

danielki wrote:
You have to be sell, sell, sell, all the time, family, friends and anyone you know, then find more and more people to try and make a decent living from network marketing. People do it but as I said it takes a certain type of person and you have to be passionate about what you're promoting or you're just throwing money down the drain as I did with just over £700. A small price to pay for the lesson I guess.

Of course it's a matter of sell, sell, sell… that's the business model involved.

The term "network marketing", like "affiliate marketing" and other forms of "online marketing" are almost NEVER about MARKETING.

MARKETING is handled by the company's in-house, professional, highly-qualified, back-room marketing department, NOT by its "distributor network", which isn't about distribution, either.

The network is, quite simply, the company's OUTSOURCED SALES TEAMS.

For Pete's sake — learn what the jargon you use so loosely REALLY means so that you don't look so foolish… and stop fooling yourselves.

This FREE Insight Report is a good place to start — and even includes a section for helping Network "Marketers" to get it right.

NEW to FORUM Marketing? Get better, faster results without breaking the rules.
FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:23 am 

Network marketing need not always be aligned with the model of an MLM business. Any social platform where you'd garnered your followers or subscribers, for instance, Facebook, LinkedIn, or even the list of email addresses you'd collected to which you send your monthly newsletters, etc, are all part of your network.

I would classify the MLM model of business to be network distribution instead of network marketing since it leverages on the leads of other members as well. The distributory pipeline system is built on a multiplication formula, which, honestly, is very much like any other distribution business you can think of - take for instance, Coca-cola drinks on consignment with retailers and food joints worldwide - for every can or bottle sold, the retailer gets a cut. I agree with John Counsel - at certain point, it is almost like creaming off the profit from things you need not sell yourself as it takes off into auto-pilot mode.

Network marketing on the other hand falls back on your existing network, of which you diligently drive traffic to build, of course, and while it may not be as viral as a network distribution business, the pool of loyal followers should form a list of rock-solid recurring customers over time.

Building a home based online business begins like this:
http://www.onlinebusinessmakemoney.com/blog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:52 pm 

LifeIs2Gr8 wrote:
Network marketing need not always be aligned with the model of an MLM business. Any social platform where you'd garnered your followers or subscribers, for instance, Facebook, LinkedIn, or even the list of email addresses you'd collected to which you send your monthly newsletters, etc, are all part of your network.

This kind of sophistry is typical of the sales-patter of so many MLM "leaders". It's word-play with words that have very specific technical meanings in the field of Marketing.

This is typical of SELLERS, who are opportunistic (they have to be to survive and thrive). When Marketing became a recognised profession in its own right after World War 2 (before that it was classified as a division of Economics), sellers quickly latched onto the jargon of marketingwithout understanding the meaning of that jargon — because they saw it as giving them a competitive edge when it came to SELLING.

This specious argument is an example of just such sophistry.

sophistry |ˈsäfəstrē|
    noun ( pl. -ries)
    the use of fallacious arguments, esp. with the intention of deceiving.
    • a fallacious argument.

LifeIs2Gr8 wrote:
I would classify the MLM model of business to be network distribution instead of network marketing since it leverages on the leads of other members as well. The distributory pipeline system is built on a multiplication formula, which, honestly, is very much like any other distribution business you can think of - take for instance, Coca-cola drinks on consignment with retailers and food joints worldwide - for every can or bottle sold, the retailer gets a cut.

In Marketing the term "distribution" has a specific meaning: it's the function of bringing the buyer and the product or service together at the same time and place. And that's a reference to the physical action, not sales.

LifeIs2Gr8 wrote:
I agree with John Counsel - at certain point, it is almost like creaming off the profit from things you need not sell yourself as it takes off into auto-pilot mode.

Please don't put words in my mouth. At no time have I said or written what you're suggesting here. And "auto-pilot mode" is a rare thing in network marketing — or any other kind of SELLING. Customers will always need to be retained, reconverted, encouraged to refer leads, share offers, etc. Again, this is typical of the sales-patter of far too many MLM "leaders".

LifeIs2Gr8 wrote:
Network marketing on the other hand falls back on your existing network, of which you diligently drive traffic to build, of course, and while it may not be as viral as a network distribution business, the pool of loyal followers should form a list of rock-solid recurring customers over time.

See my first response above.

Seriously, this is exactly the kind of sleight-of-tongue, mumbo-jumbo used by far too many opportunistic MLMers to manipulate the emotional responses of people who have no idea of what's really being talked about. And even more MLMers do this because that's what they're told and taught to do!

There are better, smarter, uncompromised ways to promote your network marketing opportunity. Here are a few relevant articles from my own award-winning Network Marketing blog:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:40 am 

Thanks for sharing John.

Sorry if you're mistaken, perhaps I didn't phrase my writing correctly. I didn't quote you on those words. I was referring to my agreement with you on what you wrote "The term "network marketing", like "affiliate marketing" and other forms of "online marketing" are almost NEVER about MARKETING." I agree with that notion, that is all.

The line after that was my own take on the fact that there was almost never about marketing, because from MY perspective, there wasn't really any marketing or sales effort involved for those high up there on the pyramid.

Building a home based online business begins like this:
http://www.onlinebusinessmakemoney.com/blog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm 

LifeIs2Gr8 wrote:
The line after that was my own take on the fact that there was almost never about marketing, because from MY perspective, there wasn't really any marketing or sales effort involved for those high up there on the pyramid.

I have to disagree that there's "not really any sales effort involved for those high up there on the pyramid".

It's ALWAYS about selling. Selling your downlines team on keeping going, keeping selling… selling the products, selling the income opportunity, selling the promise of success, selling yourself as accessible, honest, reliable, trustworthy, etc etc etc.

That's what's needed to succeed — and to keep on succeeding. As the old saying goes, in business "nothing happens until someone makes the sale".

Selling is critical to any business, and nowhere more so than network marketing. But this obsessive denial by so many network marketers that it's fundamentally about selling — it's "sharing" and other euphemisms — perpetuates the falsehood that selling is somehow dishonourable.

Management authority, Peter Drucker, wrote that "the aim of marketing is to make selling unnecessary". He did NOT mean that could be done simply by re-naming selling as marketing!

He was speaking hypothetically, too, because marketing will never be able to succeed without selling as long as human beings are involved in the process.

The role of the marketer is to identify a need and find or create a way to satisfy that need… profitably.

The role of the seller is to get people to WANT what they need, because no matter how much they NEED what you're offering, until they WANT it, they won't BUY it.

That's why SELLING is the seventh component in a typical 7-part Marketing Mix.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:05 pm 

alexrogeraj wrote:
Network marketing is also known as Multilevel Marketing in which sales people sell their products through a network of other distributors, as well as direct to the public. In network marketing, distributors are often referred as ‘associates’, ‘consultants’, ‘independent agents’ or ‘independent distributor".

In the network marketing model, people are paid not only for sales they generate themselves, but also for the sales of other salesmen they recruit. Nowadays many find network marketing attractive and opts to network marketing business just because of it’s compensation plan

Hope you find this useful

Alex… read my reply above. All you're doing is perpetuating the myths, lies and "euphemisms" that have damaged the reputation of the "Network Marketing" business model so relentlessly.

It should be called Network Selling — but that would be suicidal, because almost nobody wants to be a "seller".

Why not?

Because of the deceptive, manipulative, stupid behaviour of so many sellers over the years.

What people really mean when they say "I don't want to be a seller" is this: "I don't want to be seen as pushy, deceptive, manipulative and sleazy!"

The truth, however, is this: SELLING is what every business HAS to do to make PROFIT… because selling something for more than it costs you is the ONLY way to make profit — and profit is the ONLY thing that allows you to STAY in business.

BUT while WHAT you do (selling) is essential to your continued existence in business, WHY and HOW you do it (your MOTIVES and METHODS) are what make WHAT you do either legal or illegal, ethical or unethical, desirable or undesirable, trustworthy or untrustworthy.

"Pushy, deceptive, manipulative and sleazy" are NOT WHAT you do… they're WHY and HOW you do it!

The most successful sellers (long-term) are NEVER pushy, deceptive, manipulative or sleazy!

They sell with integrity and intelligence.

For a start, they sell ONLY what people genuinely NEED. (Selling people what they WANT but don't NEED isn't the answer… THAT's being pushy, deceptive, manipulative and sleazy. Just look at any illegal drug dealer, pimp or bar owner.)

"You can never get enough of what you don't need, because what you don't need can never satisfy you!" ( Dallin H Oaks, former Judicial Associate to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, USA)

It's time to grow up and face reality. Running and hiding from the truth is acting with neither integrity nor intelligence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 pm 

This sort of business suit to everyone whose willing to learn and work hard. But you really need to carefully choose the field you are joining. Don't just sign up to earn. Please do more research how this work to avoid failing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:09 am 

This is very sensitive business, you really need to be meticulous choosing the perfect and the real company to avoid scammers. This is a really good choice of investment just make sure to opt the right one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:37 am 

This topic is now 7 years old, with little of real value being added.