Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Is recruiting desperate people with money problems the right thing to do?
Yes — but only if you have the right opportunity. 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Yes — regardless of your opportunity or system. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes — but only if you have the right training and duplication system. 40%  40%  [ 12 ]
No — it's unfair to them and unethical for you. 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
No — it's too hard, too slow and too risky. 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm 

blogger2011xyzzz wrote:
If you work hard on MLM, you will get compensated for your hardwork.

Sorry, but the facts — in the form of statistical and anecdotal evidence — don't support your assertion.

Most people find that simply working hard does NOT guarantee that you'll be compensated for that hard work.

The reality, in most compensation plans, is that your upline will be more rewarded for your hard work than you will.

It's estimated that at least 70% of MLMers don't earn enough to be able to afford to buy the products for their own use.

The big traps that prevent you from being rewarded fairly, especially as a part-time MLMer are these:

• Group bonus qualification requirements — this is where most people fail: your downline team's total sales volume isn't enough to qualify you for the next level of bonus earnings.
  • Downline rank requirements — this is where you have to have a certain number of people downline (often in your first level) who qualify at a certain rank or position before you can qualify personally for the next bonus level.

These are the primary causes of BREAKAGE — the #1 reason why 90% of most bonus income is paid to fewer than 2% of the network members in most compensation plans.

Breakage is the money that rolls up to the top of each downline team to the "heavy hitters" and, especially, to the company, when people in the network fail to qualify for the next level of the compensation plan.

Many MLM companies attribute as much as 50% of their net profits to this hidden revenue stream.

You can read more on the topic of breakage at http://realnetworkmarketing.com/?p=57

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:47 pm 

Haha, it says if you post referral links you get a public flogging. I think desperate times could certainly interest people more because they need a side income or just any income at all. I feel the MLM is fun myself. I would participate during anytime.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:55 pm 

I thought I would share this and see what the feedback is. I'm going to be perfectly honest...I have what I truly believe is a legitimate opportunity, but honestly I'm failing at it where others are succeeding and succeeding easily (hence, I joined this group).

One of the features is it doesn't cost anything but your time. I would never market a business opportunity to someone unemployed if it had a financial risk, but time is different. So, a few months ago, I heard about the Borders closing and tens of thousands about to be laid off. Some individuals started a well publicized blog to help match Borders employees with other jobs and to quote the site "any other means of helping them pay their rent and bills". So I politely contacted the blog owners by e-mail and described the program to them, taking great care to emphasize that it's a FREE business so no financial risk for the employees and describing how the personal qualities of an average bookstore employee were a good match for the opportunity. I explained how helping people in that situation was meaningful to me because I had been in the same situation. Instead of taking the time to reply, they posted a general message on their board, in something of an angry tone asking people not to send business opportunities and accusing people who do of "exploiting" the victims.

The point is, there are very knowledgable people offering pro's and con's for whether the people would be a good match for the various opportunities, but what I need to add is if you're going to go down this road, you'd better expect and be mentally prepared to be treated like pond scum and not a problem solver or a savior.

Merchant processing services with a lifetime lowest price guarantee plus a monthly cashback payment, free equipment, and compensation for referrals. Also recruiting referral agents with a solid compensation plan with residuals. http:\\www.cashbackconcepts.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 pm 

swb338 wrote:
I thought I would share this and see what the feedback is. I'm going to be perfectly honest...I have what I truly believe is a legitimate opportunity, but honestly I'm failing at it where others are succeeding and succeeding easily (hence, I joined this group).

One of the features is it doesn't cost anything but your time.

The point is, there are very knowledgable people offering pro's and con's for whether the people would be a good match for the various opportunities, but what I need to add is if you're going to go down this road, you'd better expect and be mentally prepared to be treated like pond scum and not a problem solver or a savior.

SWB,

Although your opportunity doesn't require any investment to sign up and has not products to purchase, it is still a business that requires time to establish some cash flow.

For many, the immediate need for income for "desperate people", means they need something with immediate cash flow - even if it's minimum wage jobs.

For people coming from an employee status, switching to self-employed with no guaranteed income, no ready market of business customers means it will take time to generate a steady income.

My business requires little or no investment other than time, but isn't a good fit for the unemployed, unless they were selling business-to-business.

While many promote their opportunity that will work for anyone, if a major change in the mindset is involved (such as going from employee or unemployed to self-employed), many will fall by the wayside before achieving enough success to carry them to the next level.

Desperate people don't make good candidates for an extreme makeover, unless they have a spouse who can provide a basic income and moral support as they go through the learning curve and low-income start-up phases.

Dealers needed - US Only!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 am 

mcwahl wrote:
Haha, it says if you post referral links you get a public flogging.

Marcus, I suggest that you read the rules more carefully. You may post up to three (3) links in a post... as long as they comply with forum rules and terms of use. Look around these forums and you'll see plenty of examples of posts allowed.

The majority of links posted that run into problems are posted by people trying to abuse the forum in some way. That's why you don't see most of them — they're booted and banned along with their posts.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 am 

PastorDave wrote:
John,

I think that the key ingredient for recruiting in these troubled time is the willingness of the sponsor to provide their new team member with the right training necessary to get their business off the ground.

I am not talking about the typical generic conference call where you get a lot of people on the phone and throw out the company line about how great the product is our how much money they can make if they would "just find two."

I mean personal time with the new team member in which the sponsor helps their new person ONE on ONE! Asking questions, listening to their needs, finding their strengths and then helping them to lay out a plan that puts them in the black as soon as possible.

This all goes back to the basics of sponsoring. Quantity vs. Quality - do you just want to sponsor the masses and hope a few leaders pop up or do you want to sponsor a few good people to begin with and cultivate their skills?

In troubled times people will respond in desperation to nearly anything that promises great rewards with little risk. As people of integrity we have to be careful not to take advantage of this to their disservice.

I agree with you Pastor Dave the right training is very important! So many people have gotten burned in this industry by people just looking to make a buck! Honestly I think it's sad and it gives us a bad name!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:37 am 

PastorDave wrote:
I agree with you Pastor Dave the right training is very important! So many people have gotten burned in this industry by people just looking to make a buck! Honestly I think it's sad and it gives us a bad name!

What ever best quality training would be today, today I see many problems related with market share and downline growing with good retention rate. Today to generate leads and sales not hard task at all - the hardest task is to get targeted, focused and motivated people, because of information overload they just become unfocused soon. And trying to get good leads with make money on the internet keyword (and all sinonims) and mindset about "make money" that people click ad and goes directly to your mlm company referal link is so so not productive and complete waste of money tying to build downline. The only way works is bring the value to this people - probably educational type of info and relate that value with you as a brand - your pictures, your videos, your story and so.

I see still people doing big mistakes building a list - they placing banners that screams about big bucks
and fast and later try to educate them - those leads just start wondering "you said I can earn fast now
you are trying to teach things to reach that income" - it gains just untrust and no wonder why they have
bad quality list. The quality brought later to the list just don't impact them and they just dont study that and just very few leads try to do something and understand you. The list only works for another "big bucks in short time" offers. One of my list proved the reading and clicking numbers what I just said -
so those leads keep on jumping, but not working :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:13 am 

i agree with few posts above - to build a successful business you need motivated, but not desperate people.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 pm 

I think they are, especially in such difficult economic times. MLM to me is a great way to produce secondary income and tide people over in between jobs. Here are a few reasons:

Small amount of risk
    Huge demand for quality products
    High income potential
    No employees to hire
    No inventory
    Low operating costs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 pm 

Here are my thoughts:
For me personally, when I'm super tight waiting on pay day to come, I'm more willing to buy a lottery ticket at the gas station. So for me, when I'm desperate, I'm more willing to take chances.

Recruiting someone who is jobless, I would be against partaking in that.

If someone is just on hard times, but employed, I say go for it. If a stranger off the internet finds you and your product on-line and they join it's on them. My conscience will not be effected, because first of all, I do not even know exactly how hard up they are. I would be cautious about recruiting someone that I know and who is on desperate times. It would weigh on me that I'm taking food out of their families mouths.

If this person that I know really wanted in and they were poor. I would consider sponsoring them for a short period of time. Maybe I would agree to help them get started money wise for a set number of months. To me, I would have to look at it as an investment. Do I think that they will give it a good effort?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:56 am 

I had some experience with MLM as well, here are my thoughts on that:
At first I was somewhat excited. 5minutes later, not really. That's actually funny how you need to do some marketing in order to get someone working for you (just like you were selling a product?). Finally, i quit as i noticed the most of earnings don't really come from work. Actually, you need to recruit as many as possible people. And that's what i hate about MLM and the reason i quit.