Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:08 am 

I'm in insurance, and I get no end of grief from people who have a bad view of MLM. On the other hand, I get many of the benefits of the MLM structure, so you aren't all bad. :lol:

The insurance industry in the United States has some structural similarities to MLM. Less so in some countries, but in the US it's undeniable. There are historic reasons why this is and sometime soon I plan on contributing an article (or at least as long winded post ) describing what and why. We have hierarchies and get over rides and use the terms "up line" and "down line" so the comparison is real enough. The down side is that when I'm recruiting I get "Is this an MLM?" from people with that look on their face. If you are in MLM, you know "that look." It's kind of a combination of "I'm suspicious" and "something doesn't smell good....and it might be you..." We all see it on faces that have been pitched badly or mislead or burned in any number of ways. For all the good that MLMs offer, the bar for entry is low enough to let people who aren't competent or ethical to get in and mess it up for everyone else. On the other hand, I meet people who have a positive view of the structure but haven't found the right deal. For them, what I'm "offering" sounds like a different product. That's OK, and it's enough to keep the conversation going. I can work with that.

All of this brings me to what I'm hoping to get from being here (here on the MLM sub forum). Since I face comparable hurtles to you MLMers, I'm hoping to learn and share how you do what you do and how I do what I do in hopes of getting better results. Having looked around the web a bit, most of the MLM discussion boards are either focused on one network or are a free for all of Spam. This looks like a good place to talk about strategies and marketing methods without "click this link for the jackpot" nonsense.

So, all of that said, I hope there are some active members here who want to talk. I have no qualms sharing how I get what successes I get or how I've learned what doesn't work for me. Likewise, I'm clear that I'm here to work on the nuts and bolts of promoting my business. This forum isn't a pitch platform, but it is a tool to help build those platforms. I'm here at least in part to learn to apply the tools of the MLM trade in my business.

It's not an MLM... really... but then again it kind of... sort of is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:56 pm 

Good attitude, JL :D

First, here's what some authoritative MLM/Network Marketing commentators have said about me and my ideas… just to provide some credentials:

"This guy [John Counsel] doesn’t just butcher all your favourite sacred MLM cows.
      He barbecues ’em and serves ’em up to you one slice at a time… and you LOVE it!”

John Milton Fogg, Author, The Greatest Networker in the World, USA
        John Fogg has written several network marketing best-sellers and is the founder of the Greatest Networker COM.munity,
        a large and successful training and support resource for all network marketers.

‘‘John, I think you’re doing some of the most cutting-edge writing in our industry and want to make sure our readers get a regular dose.
      There are so many of your ideas I’d like to share with them. As you know, I’ve been a fan of yours for some time.”

Editor-in-Chief, Upline Journal® USA

"Dynamite, John. Absolutely wonderful stuff. Not that I’m surprised, mind you. Just very pleased to see such a considered and thoughtful
      approach to what is all too often seen as a thoughtless and inconsiderate industry.”

Paul Myers, Publisher, TalkBiz News, USA  
        Paul is one of the most respected experts on marketing, online and offline. He’s the guy the other top-tier Internet marketers go to for
        professional advice. If you’re not subscribed to TalkBiz News, you’re not serious about your business. It’s free — sign up NOW!

“John Counsel is a true professional of utmost integrity. His understanding of what it takes to build and grow a Network Marketing team
      goes well beyond the typical 'one size fits all' training. Online, offline — John knows it and is dedicated to helping people with a desire to
      WIN, to succeed. John is a legacy builder, for certain!"

Melanie Milletics, Florida USA
        Melanie is a network marketing top-achiever who has been integrating Internet Marketing and Network Marketing since 2001 with outstanding success.

As a 35-year veteran of network marketing, including 25 years as an international author, speaker, trainer and management consultant to direct sales companies in the Asia-Pacific region — and a marketing and education academic on the side — I picked up a few useful insights over the years.

There were a handful of key insights that I discovered made a MASSIVE difference to the way people succeeded or failed in Network Marketing, regardless of company, plan or products. If there's an active discussion on this board, I'm happy to contribute.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/