Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:56 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am 

A great Twitter promotion is a fantastic way to build customer traffic and sell affiliate products in huge numbers. Anyone can do this, the experienced as well as affiliate marketing beginners.

What you will need:

• great affiliate product you are promoting
  • piece of content which talks about the product, such as an article or a good blog post

4 Steps to a Wave of Customer Traffic

Step 1: Pre-announce your new content piece.

Tweet your followers that you are working up a good quality piece of content that will make a real difference to them, such as a timely solution to a common problem, or a new perspective on something controversial. By pre-announcing it, you prime your audience.

(Whatever affiliate products you are promoting had better be relevant to your content and your audience's concerns, or this will fall flat!)

Step 2: Just before publication, announce it again, offer the title and when you expect to publish.

You are building anticipation, and putting people on the lookout for your content.

Step 3: Announce publication as soon as you have published.

You are simply tweeting the event and giving the link to get to your content. You are not mentioning any affiliate products; your article or blog post should do this for you.

A Twitter promotion is an incredibly powerful and easy tool to use to announce affiliate products and build a massive wave of customer traffic.

Step 4: Encourage your followers to re-tweet your message.

If your content is good enough, folks will re-tweet anyway, but it does not hurt to ask them! Be sure to thank anyone who re-tweets for you -- the old courtesies still go a long way. Be prepared to return the favor sometime.

Bonus tip:

Use others' tweets as the seeds of a new product, and then cash in with a Twitter promotion. Listen to what folks are tweeting about, and use what you pick up as the idea for a great product, such as a short report selling for a modest price. The promotion has already been half done for you, because you are working off what people are already tweeting about- you are just taking advantage of the existing conversation. Boost your sales by offering an affiliate program for your product, do a new Twitter promotion, and create a fresh wave of customer traffic!

Last edited by vendetta on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:11 am 

Remember you got to invest also at the quality of your article or blog, no one will buy from you if its a poor quality content.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 am 
You can try posting to classifieds, opt-in emails sites, article directories, craigslist etc. You'll definitely get traffic. The more you post the more traffic you'll get.

Jayzee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:24 am 
You have to offer quality and then it will go smoothly with the results. We find more success in quality rather than quantity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am 

waynearln wrote:
Remember you got to invest also at the quality of your article or blog, no one will buy from you if its a poor quality content.

Yes, and the copyrights of information should be abuse, because I saw many people
who imitate for example 6-7 figure incomes, but they really just put content from true

6-7 figures earners websites. I think you can quote not long article content , but not entire
e-book.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 pm 

building traffic organically takes time.

I have had some success recently with Twitter. Try using Twitter on a regular basis, it will drive traffic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 pm 

Twitter takes time to really get the hang of it. Many people overly promote and that's when they either become unfollowed or just ignored. A neat tactic some affiliate marketers employ is using Twitter search (search.twitter.com). It's just like Google search except for finding what people are tweeting.

So if you are promoting an "xbox fix" or similar product you simply search for Tweets stating, "my xbox is broken," or "need new xbox" or some other pain-related phrase or term.

Then you can open conversations with these people and gauge if they're open to your suggestion on how to remedy their pain or problem (or in this case, how to fix their xbox).

This is a slow process, really just a one-at-a-time customer approach but if you're just starting out it teaches you alot. Plus, you have the added benefit of delivering high value customer attention and service doing this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:39 am 

That is a great tip about using search.twitter to find the people that need your product. Recently I found a great property deal on Twitter by searching for people in my area that had recently had the text "I need to sell my house" in their tweet, it is such a cool tool :D

But I also use another free tool you can get for your browser that will automate your tweets while you get on with link building elsewhere. You can use this software with either Firefox or Chrome as an add on. It is called iMacros and it is a tool that records your actions and then replays either a single time or as a loop.

So this is what I do if I am driving traffic to a great new deal:

I set up all my tweets for the day in the iMacro tool
hit play
Do something else while it automatically tweets
Keep an eye on any replies.

I can't really explain how to use it to well in writing but I did make a video presentation recently that you can watch here:
http://www.flashhtmleditor.co.uk/Wahcentral/make-money/

It is a little rough but I hope it helps.
But what I will say though, is when you set it up do not just put the same tweet up to loop 3000 times or you will serious annoy all your followers. Just set up normal tweets like a normal person and every tweet or two and a link to the site you are wanting to promote.

Also have the tool delete the tweet 5-10mins after tweeting so that your profile does not look like a link spamming spam fest :D

The problem with twitter is that it updates so fast a tweet is only visible for a few minutes. So regular tweeting of a link is essential to getting results from twitter!

I am shocked to see the amount of people complaining about Rich Dad Education being such expensive training. Well I took it all the way and you don't see me complaining, but then I did quit work in under a year! :-)

my blog: http://www.bengillott.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 am 

Affiliate marketing is one of the most fashionable businesses on the internet that involves a partnership between a service provider and a certain number of affiliates. The job of those affiliates is to promote the product owner's products and generate sales. This type of affiliate marketing business is the most common in our days.

Once a certain affiliate generates a sale a portion of the profit received by the vendor is given to the affiliate. For this reason the relationships between affiliates and vendors are also known as profit sharing partnership.

[Link removed by moderator. Please read the rules.]

Moderator comment:
Posts like this, that simply describe what affiliate marketing is, are always suspect in the eyes of admins and moderators because they too often tend to be SEO spam. I'll allow this one (without the non-compliant link) but any more posts that simply describe what affiliate marketing is will be deleted from this topic.

UPDATE (14 Feb 2011): This user has been banned permanently for plagiarism in a subsequent post, stolen verbatim from an article by expert author Tom M Cruz at ezinearticles.com. Really, really stoopid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:06 am 

This is really helpful info; BUT...

what if Twitter no longer allows you to follow new people b/c you can't get your follower/following ratio to even out?
what if most of the people following you are only following you b/c they want you to buy their stuff, and couldn't care less about your niche?

This is where I'm at, and why Twitter has left a bad taste in my mouth. :x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 pm 

Does it really work for you, Honestly I could not see how it can work, Remember your follower are not following only you and waiting for your tweets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm 
imexpert wrote:
Does it really work for you, Honestly I could not see how it can work, Remember your follower are not following only you and waiting for your tweets

I agree. With quantity you HAVE to offer quality as well and give a reason to be paid attention to.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:04 am 

I think most of the social networking sites, if not all, can really help you in promoting your site and building traffic. Every time you advertise your site, the whole world would know it specially if it is beneficial and helpful. While you are trying hard to get linked and earn more money from it, just be patient. Remember, patient is a virtue. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 pm 

Does anyone know or have access to a good guide on using tweeter for profit?
I have a lot of marketing experience, and somehow don't seem to get how you would use that medium effectively.
Using it is not a problem effectively is what I'm looking to get at.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 pm 

A handful of people I know seem to use it effectively for profitable pursuits, including Willie Crawford, but they have very precisely-planned, long-term strategies and they schedule their Tweets for WEEKS in advance using automation scripts, much like email autoresponders.

Businesses have used Twitter successfully for interactive competitions, for crisis management, new product launches, etc with significant success, too.

It all comes down, ultimately, to WHY and HOW you use the service.

Here are some suggestions from one of my books, "Twitter for Online Marketers" (50% off at http://forumspecials.com):

Just as with your blog, website, and forum posts, your main goal should be to provide value. If you can manage to do that, you’re golden!

Here are easy ways to provide value that don’t take much effort at all:

• Retweet an interesting update from someone that you’re following.
  • Offer links to free and interesting stuff, like articles, pictures, and videos (not all your own stuff).
  • Comment on current events / news.
  • Post funny/profound/inspiring quotes.
  • Tweet about interesting things that happened in your day or upcoming events that you’re excited about. (actual things that your followers will be interested in, not the new episode of American Idol airing tonight.... unless your niche is American Idol of course!)
  • Find something on Digg, Stumbleupon, etc. that really catches your attention. Write a blog post about it first, and then link to your blog post in your tweet. This way, instead of linking directly to the source, you’re linking to your own blog. If it’s something really neat it may go viral, causing a potential hurricane of traffic.

After you have been on Twitter for a while, look at your tweet history. Are you selling too hard? Not selling enough? Are you providing value with your tweets or just rambling on about random stuff every day? Would YOU follow yourself?

Analyze your tweets carefully and modify your strategy accordingly. Just as with a PPC campaign, monitor, track, and make changes as needed.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/