Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:05 am 
According to me,

1. Directory submission
  2. Social Bookmarking
  3. Video marketing

are the best ways to get more traffic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:53 pm 

cellphonetips wrote:
that is depend on your business type

Yes I totally agree and it also many types of business working online today on SEO, but
the most important is clients retentions. In today's world we have situation when we get subscriber
or buyer who are happy with our service, but next month we see there are other company who offer
exactly the same service as you but a bit lower price (even your products are inovative and unique), he unsubscribe and leave you and buy the same service
from others.

It happens all the time in the business, but here important why people don't unsubscribe even if they see cheaper
service from others: You relationships management with people - socializing your business is the first key.
Have you ever though why facebook continue skyrocket? why people likes to know other people?

It make sense that if people like other people and buy from him monthly he will continue to buy again and again and again
because he likes the service and he likes you as a person - it is very important.

Even if he ask "I saw the same service or product for lower price"

Just ask him "does it really the same quality" and "Are you sure get the same quality support as you have at the moment?"

SO on top of that there are 100's of working promotional methods, but most important is clients retentions
So if you have extremly low clients retention, but you are even good methods on promotions you will fail very soon -
it is not my personal opinion, it is facts! People like people is very strong today and it will continue to be strong for business, not only that service is good and useful for him.

Take Care!
Tadas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm 
I do bookmarking, blog commenting and article submission and i put special focus on social media sites.Fortunately it really works for my site in gaining traffic :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:12 am 

Currently my main advertising method is traffic exchanges (The top 20 according to Affiliate Funnel Ranking)

I build list and let the prospect opt in first.
After that I left the remaining advertising promotion to my “automated sales person”-my follow up email marketing.

And I also do OFF page SEO to enhance my SER.
To get listed on the first page for selecting keyword is definitely the best way to promote business.

Money Making Website

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:50 am 

As a relative newcomer to internet marketing I have read the replies with some interest as the question is one that I have also asked myself ... many times!

My initial conclusions are:
- you need to build relationships with the people you are trying to market with i.e. don't expect to sell to them on the first contact. I read somewhere that it can take up to 7 contacts before someone will buy from you.
- you need to add value. If you provide a poor product they will not buy from you again.
- you need to understand who you are marketing to and select the appropriate market mechanism

The number of ways to market your product is much larger than I had first anticipated. This is encouraging in that it provides many routes to market ... but it does take time to understand which is best for your audience.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:02 am 

Hi,

Recently I have learned to create what are referred to as 'Sniper Sites' which essentially are blogs of only a few pages that are tightly targeted on one or a few keywords. I have been astounded with the success so far. If you Google 'Matt Carter' and find his blog you will get some awesome information - I sincerely believe that the info Matt gives for free is worth more than most of the courses you pay for to be honest.

Moving on..

I am very active on Facebook and have helped a friend build his service-based business via that as well. I know it works because when Adwords decided to arbitrarily close his account if we didn't have Facebook in place he would have been in dire trouble. We need to focus on it more mind you...and his niche is very targeted and unusual so it would likely work even better for something mainstream.

Currently I am heavily focused on combining Youtube videos with Facebook/Social Media and leveraging the massive viral aspect of these 2 when used in combination. I am seeing incredible results at virtually zero cost.

Cheers,
Haydn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:32 am 

Quote:
I read somewhere that it can take up to 7 contacts before someone will buy from you.

This is a misquote. The actual stats are that it can take up to 6-8 exposures to an ad or other promotional message for a prospect to even become aware of it.

The reason is simple: human beings are bombarded by messages all day long. A decision-maker in the AB demographic is typically exposed to up to 3,000 advertising messages a DAY. (20 years ago it was "only" 1,200 a day.)

At that level of onslaught, our inbuilt filtering systems — designed to prevent neural overload and acute stress — kick in and turn it all into background noise.

We then pay attention only to the items that trigger an existing emotional response to its offer.

But that doesn't mean that you have to run an ad or promotional piece 6-8 times to get a response. Any ad worth doing should produce measurable, profitable results the first time.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm 

jayzee23 wrote:
I think video marketing is the best method. Get some gr8 video making softwares like BB flashback or camtasia etc. Make videos and promote on youtube and also even using this forum.

Jayzee

Agreed. This method will not bring you the MOST traffic, but it sure does bring qualified folks around to your offer. Which is the whole point really.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:48 am 

I wrote an expat ebook after my blog was two years old. i probably should have done it sooner but I didn't feel I was ready. It is a best seller on Clickbank though so I'm very pleased. Number 1 in Asia for travel products and in the top 10 for all travel related products. Once thanksgiving hit though, sales have fallen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:50 am 

There are lots of promotion methods into the internet marketing and different work for different people. I have a website bizxchangedotin and i am doing its SEO but i know that it takes so much time that why i decided to go for the PPC on Google and Facebook. Initial its was so costly but after some times its working great and i am getting around 10 to 15 leads every day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 am 

dave101dave wrote:
@Rusty and John

Any feedback with videos on youtube?

I think readers read depending on how much time they have, and to read a full sales page can take more that a few minutes. On the contrary, with videos people just sit and relax while watching the video and if interested, they just click on the link. This is common sense, but many people talk how incredible videos are for getting traffic. I'm in the process of finding out myself.

David Rodriguez

Major of people looking videos, because they want to see somethings interesting -
social things, software demonstration they actually need, big income numbers.

People looking video, not because they want to buy somethings, because to
see something interesting.

Most effective way for videos is for socializing business at the moment, when people subscribe
your channel, because you are interesting to them as a person, who bring some value to them.

For example turn your webcam, tell your life story and upload to youtube, if the story is interesting
you will get subscribers, whose will opt in your capture page sooner or later.

But you need do it minimum 1 time a week. Business in Social marketing is like your house, when you
invite guests to look at it, so that is how youtube videos marketing should be using.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 am 

I posting to forum every day and I believe
this to be one of the best advertising methods
available,it is often overlooked as being not very
responsive. You should stay involved. It may
take some time but it does work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:01 pm 

Forum posting is less about advertising than it is about creating awareness, credibility, respect and trust… relationship-building.

Those four factors are what selling with intelligence and integrity are all about:

• Awareness — being found online. (Usual tool/activity: Search)
  • Credibility — being liked online. (Usual tool/activity: Original, high-quality content)
  • Respect — being admired online. (Usual tool/activity: social proof, social networking)
  • Trust — being safe and predictable online…ie: having uncompromising integrity — the key to winning sales, repeat sales and referred sales. (Usual tool/activity: keeping your word, doing what you say you'll do)

Forums and bulletin boards are the oldest online form of social networking, believe it or not.

Facebook is a forum.
    Twitter is a forum.
    LinkedIn is a forum.

Note: This post is an excerpt from a FREE online course at http://beginnersguide2forummarketing.com/ecourse-lessons/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:21 am 

Quote:
Forums and bulletin boards are the oldest online form of social networking, believe it or not.

Facebook is a forum.
Twitter is a forum.
LinkedIn is a forum.

Isn't it better then to speak about social media?
Forums are old forms of social environments, agree with that, but today most tips applying to Facebook, and there are like tons of books on Facebook, do not apply to forums. So the question arises - are forum still a good place to promote your brand?

My answer is yes, but this is due to the type of business I'm - my professional focus is on software development and the community is quit strong. StackOverflow for starters, GitHub is another thing, more resembling older forums than today's social media that have the feature of mixing everything in once place, on one wall.

Therefore, the job you need to do, while managing social media, is targeting. And the content you share and by which you are trying to build awareness of your brand, is - I'd say - rather "lighter", more chunked. When you want to enter forums, you often need to get more professional.

In my opinion Quora is something in between. There are dozens of brand evangelists sharing their professional knowledge, often in a lovely, extensive way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:36 pm 

Essentially, the differences are mainly in the types of resources provided by either forums or social networks, and the size of — and access to — the respective audiences.

There's no doubt that social networks have massive audiences and LOTS of resources (photos, videos, advertising, groups, pages, liking, sharing and their equivalents, etc) — but they lack the type of compartmentalising offered by forums.

Forums offer specific Boards for niche subjects, topics for even more specific and narrow discussions, and search functions that are quite granular (highly-detailed).

For industry, profession, trade or niche-specific discussions, forums tend to be far more useful than social networks.

But social networks are the way to go for more general, short-term discussions and for reaching and sharing with expanding audience networks.