Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 pm 

Hope everyone is well and having a great new year with their business. I know this may seem easy and maybe everyone knows this, but for newbies online this tool in my opinion is the make or break when starting your online business.

• Go to google and type in "google keyword tool".
  • Once you get to the tool you can start typing in some keywords that pertain to your website. For example, if I was promoting a how to get rid of migraines website. I want to start using long keywords that are searched a lot in a month but DOES NOT HAVE a lot of competition.
  • When you find a keyword that has over 2,000 searches a month, put that keyword in google in quotes. If your keywords return a google search of more than 60,000 results, then try another set of keywords.

I know this is quick and easy but I hope someone out there can find use for this. It is my opinion that a lot of us out there are trying to get traffic as fast as we can. The only way I know is to search for high searched keywords with low competition. I haven't found the secret to getting ranked in google when going after high competition keywords, unless you spend a lot of money on SEO for years and years. I hope this helps a little! Enjoy!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm 

I would like to share a little something that I have learned about keywords over the years.

Rather than start a new blog or new website by targeting a specific keyword phrase that you insist on ranking for, try this:

1. Search forums online for the topic you wish to blog about.
  2. Compile a list of about 30 specific questions that other people are asking about that topic.
  3. Write a post for each one of those questions on your blog. Use the question as the title of your post.
  4. Build a decent amount of links to the homepage of that website. (Make sure some have PageRank.)
  5. Install Google Analytics on every page of the site.
  6. Do all the normal things that you would do to promote your website.
  7. After about 60 days pay attention to those Google analytics stats. Find out which pages are ranking and what keywords they are ranking for.
  8. Then go back to those pages and tweak them to better optimize for the keywords they are already ranking for.
  9. By doing this you will discover lots of long tail keywords that are easy to rank for naturally without breaking your back trying to beat your already existing competition.
  10. Build a few links to each page that is already ranking on page 1 for its keyword.

Voilà.

You will have a niche website that ranks well for juicy long tails that were easy to rank for.

Instead of busting your back trying to force rankings, you can just make the most of what Google naturally decides to give you. Believe me, you will find some good keywords that you had overlooked previously.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 am 
Interesting tool. Will try out. As for increasing links, i think, you can try to anchor the keywords to the links.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 am 
It looks quite complete tool, containing every main thing as far as SEO is concern. Surely will try out it soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 am 

i think Google keyword tool comes up with PPC competition. it doesn't show competition. Though, we can find it out by using several google operators such as using allintitle:keyword and a few more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:01 pm 

Here is an article I wrote several months ago. Hope this helps.

Moderator comment:
Can you prove that you wrote it? Because according to Google, the article was written by Alan Cox of
http://newbieaffiliatereview.com/internet-marketing/an-introduction-to-keyword-research/
So one of you is a content thief and a liar, and I'm not convinced it's Alan.

Online Home Business

An Introduction to Keyword Research.

If you’re reading this article, then you probably already know you want to set up your own online business. But it can be difficult (and a little overwhelming) to know where to start. In fact, once you start doing your own research on where to begin, you may come across advice that could seem contradictory.

The fact that there is so much advice out there (some of which is sometimes contradictory) shouldn’t be surprising. Keyword research is as much an art as it is a science, and the Internet search engines that use keywords have very complicated (and proprietary) processes for determining which web pages show up in search results, and in which orders.

Although some of the inner workings of search engines are not made public (which leads to a number of different “experts” claiming that they have discovered the secrets), it’s generally accepted that one of the immutable truths for search engine success is the importance of keyword research. And despite the cacophony of viewpoints, keyword research, and the entire keyword optimization process, is a skill (or ability, depending on how you look at it) that anyone can learn.

Key Components of Keyword Research

Keyword research is ultimately designed to help you find highly targeted traffic, position yourself well in search engine results, and find a niche market that you can build your business around. Key components of keyword research include understanding:

(See the original article here: http://newbieaffiliatereview.com/internet-marketing/an-introduction-to-keyword-research/.)

Larry j. Smith :lol: :lol:

Moderator comment:
:lol: is right, but the joke is on you. You've now been banned for plagiarism and your signature file blocked.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:23 am 

I am always surprised to hear from people that still have not heard of stuff like the Google keyword Tool, I always think of it a bit like someone not having heard of Facebook :-)
But it is not only newbies to the business, earlier this year I was chatting to a guy that had been earning a good wage from affiliate marketing for the past 5 years. While chatting to him, it became apparent he really did not have a clue!

Not only did he not know what clickbank was but also he did not even have a Facebook profile!!

But he was still making about £30k per year from the small amount of knowledge that he did have.

So if you are a newbie to internet marketing and SEO,l take heed, it is not what you know that will make you successful it is what you do!

Back to the point though...

I was going to mention about the Google SKtool that is being shafted by Google in favour for the revamped keyword tool.
Well it is just that I find the keyword tool to have little relavence to actual search volume. It only seems to give you the number of times adwords are displayed for the keyword, not how many times someone actually types the keyword into Google.

I was wondering if anyone had the same thoughts or any solution to this problem. At present I just take a zero or two off the insane results it shows :-)
I rank at number 1 for a few keywords and I know for a fact those results it shows are nowhere near accurate, but I suppose it is a guide. sort of... :D

I am shocked to see the amount of people complaining about Rich Dad Education being such expensive training. Well I took it all the way and you don't see me complaining, but then I did quit work in under a year! :-)

my blog: http://www.bengillott.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:27 am 

Google keyword tool isn't helpful for organic results. It just provides you a rough estimate of searches and PPC competition not the organic results. On the other hand, Keyword tracker is far better than any other keyword tool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:07 pm 

Google keywords tool is great tool for finding relevant keywords for our niche, that is gives us a idea of keywords that can we use in our seo term.

The accuracy of google adword keyword tool not 100% but still that is great one. you can use other thing as well like Google wonder wheel, google search suggestion etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:24 am 

Thanks for the info,

I just have found a few Keywords Phrases that have 'some volume' and less than 60 000 competition,
I have put them in, So I wonder if it will have any effect....,

Any idea how long it will take before the[i] 'crawlers'
will discover my new Keyword Phrases?'[/i]

All the Best,
To your Happy - Home Business - Inspiration,
HP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm 
First off, it has very low importance when it comes to organic SEO. It's solely based on PPC data and SEO's can't rely on it much. KeywordTracker is much better in this regard. Secondly, it shows just rough estimated data so don't think they keywords you choose are gonna generate overwhelming revenue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm 

amyswan wrote:
First off, it has very low importance when it comes to organic SEO. It's solely based on PPC data and SEO's can't rely on it much. KeywordTracker is much better in this regard. Secondly, it shows just rough estimated data so don't think they keywords you choose are gonna generate overwhelming revenue.

Do you prefer Keyword Tracker to Market Samurai or Keyword Elite?

I have always had good luck using the Google tool, but most of my sites are built for local business and getting them ranked with good SEO and some backlinks usually gets me where I need to be.

Thanks,
DTaylor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:29 pm 

gjbonadies wrote:
Hope everyone is well and having a great new year with their business. I know this may seem easy and maybe everyone knows this, but for newbies online this tool in my opinion is the make or break when starting your online business.

• Go to google and type in "google keyword tool".
  • Once you get to the tool you can start typing in some keywords that pertain to your website. For example, if I was promoting a how to get rid of migraines website. I want to start using long keywords that are searched a lot in a month but DOES NOT HAVE a lot of competition.
  • When you find a keyword that has over 2,000 searches a month, put that keyword in google in quotes. If your keywords return a google search of more than 60,000 results, then try another set of keywords.

I know this is quick and easy but I hope someone out there can find use for this. It is my opinion that a lot of us out there are trying to get traffic as fast as we can. The only way I know is to search for high searched keywords with low competition. I haven't found the secret to getting ranked in google when going after high competition keywords, unless you spend a lot of money on SEO for years and years. I hope this helps a little! Enjoy!!!!

Good tips here. I want to add that it's important to put the keyword phrase in exact quotes; otherwise, the keyword searches can be inaccurate. The second thing is putting quotation marks around keywords to check competition is not that effective of a strategy since Google creates about two billion new pages a day. It would be more effective to check the top 10 searches based off of each website's page rank.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 pm 

Having a business opportunity that sells to a niche audience is a preferred way to go. Too much competition can prevent you from making money. If you've already started a business and have too much competition, you may need to refine your market and your offerings. Be creative when selecting keywords. There is still a way to make money even with heavy competition.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:53 am 

Darrell Taylor wrote:
Do you prefer Keyword Tracker to Market Samurai or Keyword Elite?

All of these tools are only as good as their data feed. I think they pretty much all take their data from Google anyway; at least Market Samurai does.