Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 am 
Having a business opportunity that sells to a niche audience is a preferred way to go. much competition can prevent you from making funds. If you have already started a business and have much competition you may need to refine your market and your offerings. Be creative when selecting keywords. There is still a way to make funds even with heavy competition.

Signature blocked for non-compliance.
Please read this notice URGENTLY, and comply BEFORE posting again:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20570

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:22 am 
Great tool! I like how Google develops tools to help online business owners in marketing their products. What I like about it and the other tools provided by the site are their user friendliness. You do not have to be a programmer to learn how to use them.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:15 pm 

Thanks for the info, I will try it. Google Adwords is also very useful.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:30 pm 

RayWhittaker wrote:
All of these tools are only as good as their data feed. I think they pretty much all take their data from Google anyway; at least Market Samurai does.

I believe that Market Samurai draws some of the data from Bing now.

I just posted an article on the Google Keyword Tool on my website.
Using The Google Keyword Research Tool For Maximum Profits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:10 pm 

When it comes to driving traffic though paid advertising, like pay-per-click (PPC), pay-per-view (PPV), I have found the Google keyword tool to work really well when I setup my campaigns.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 pm 

I like the Google Keyword tool, but whatever you do don't live and die by your keyword results. Be sure to create compelling content that people actually want to read above worrying about which words people are searching for and which ones get the highest pay per click ratio.

Many people believe that it takes a certain density to show up on searches, but the strongest case you will have for driving traffic is the content itself.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm 

Hay Guys, Some valid points here as usual.
What I've been doing myself for a while now is been using Long Tail Pro. It is a tool which I paid for, but have had some great success with. Originally I did use Google's Free Keyword Tool, and it did work well for a free tool, and is good for beginners. Once you get to know the in's & out's of keyword research then a paid tool may be a good investment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:22 pm 

This is also a good point. Most people use the Google keyword tool so you get a lot of sites optimizing for the same thing. While this can be effective, long tail keywords are where you can really separate yourself from the crowd.

It might even be effective enough that it's worth paying for.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 am 

Google keyword tool is the best tool to do keyword research and analysis. Usually long keywords has less competition and short keywords has more competition.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 pm 

gjbonadies wrote:
Hope everyone is well and having a great new year with their business. I know this may seem easy and maybe everyone knows this, but for newbies online this tool in my opinion is the make or break when starting your online business.

• Go to google and type in "google keyword tool".
  • Once you get to the tool you can start typing in some keywords that pertain to your website. For example, if I was promoting a how to get rid of migraines website. I want to start using long keywords that are searched a lot in a month but DOES NOT HAVE a lot of competition.
  • When you find a keyword that has over 2,000 searches a month, put that keyword in google in quotes. If your keywords return a google search of more than 60,000 results, then try another set of keywords.

I know this is quick and easy but I hope someone out there can find use for this. It is my opinion that a lot of us out there are trying to get traffic as fast as we can. The only way I know is to search for high searched keywords with low competition. I haven't found the secret to getting ranked in google when going after high competition keywords, unless you spend a lot of money on SEO for years and years. I hope this helps a little! Enjoy!!!!

Thanks a lot for your explanation. As said, we should promote the long tail keywords in the beginning to get some traffic. After that promoting the short tail keywords will give us a good result.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 am 

You can use the Google keyword which more specifically show which keywords
are searched most and how many competitions are there.

Moderator comment:
Faux signature removed. Please see forum rules about signatures.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:20 pm 

leohanks7 wrote:
You can use the Google keyword which more specifically show which keywords
are searched most and how many competitions are there.

Unfortunately, only paying Adwords account holders can now use Google's Keyword Tool.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 am 

I personally have to agree that this is a program well worth using.

I use the keyword tool from google all the time, and it really helps to get your ranking up!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm 

I might not be "expert" on how t get to first page of google but i know by creating videos i have some success with it. Witch helps me generate some extra traffic. and learning how to use google keyword tool is important if you doing a online business unless you have a lot of money to trow around for some one else to do it. i know i been to seminars and it cost a lot to get a great SEO expert. so my advice is play around with a tool and make some videos for keywords that you found use all advice's that you seen around here and you will be successful with it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am 

I am not an expert on SEO and I try hard not to get too caught up in it. I
merely use it as a small part of my marketing mix. Every time I think I've
got SEO sorted out reasonably well, Google doesn't just move the
goal-posts, it ploughs up the whole pitch. Can't be messing with that.

I agree that free tools don't give too much and so I make use of one of the
less expensive ones which probably matches my views on SEO.

My main marketing is focused on engagement. It seems to work and
traffic is growing with time.

Cheers,

Gordon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next