Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Youtube Sniping
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:06 am 

YouTube Sniping is a method of driving vast amounts of traffic to an affiliate link or sales website.

Heres how it works:

1.) Type in keywords related to your niche into youtube.

2.) Reorder the videos based on view count.

3.) Choose a video with a large number of views, that does not have an existing link in the video description.

4.) Contact the video owner, asking if he will place your affiliate link in the video description, in return for a fixed fee, or a percentage of the sales.

5.) If the owner agrees, send him the link, and agree the time it will remain in his video description, and how much the owner will receive in return.

6.) Watch traffic to your link surge!!!

I have had a lot of success with this method in the past. I paid one video owner $50 to put a link to a muscle building program in his fitness video. Within one week, my link was visited 700 times, resulting in $300 of sales.

$250 profit in 1 week! Not bad eh.

Why not give it a go!

Post subject: Re: Youtube Sniping
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:44 am 

I have to say its a nice idea, although i am sure its hard to convince somebody to insert links he's not familiar with into his description (even for a fee!).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:56 am 
webwealthcommunity wrote:
YouTube Sniping is a method of driving vast amounts of traffic to an affiliate link or sales website.

Heres how it works:

1.) Type in keywords related to your niche into youtube.

2.) Reorder the videos based on view count.

3.) Choose a video with a large number of views, that does not have an existing link in the video description.

4.) Contact the video owner, asking if he will place your affiliate link in the video description, in return for a fixed fee, or a percentage of the sales.

5.) If the owner agrees, send him the link, and agree the time it will remain in his video description, and how much the owner will receive in return.

6.) Watch traffic to your link surge!!!

I have had a lot of success with this method in the past. I paid one video owner $50 to put a link to a muscle building program in his fitness video. Within one week, my link was visited 700 times, resulting in $300 of sales.

$250 profit in 1 week! Not bad eh.

Why not give it a go!

Instead we can create our own video and post them on to the Youtube. Its all your visitors and you can make pretty good money and no need to share. If found guilty, both of them will have to face the issue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:15 am 

cyprusholidays wrote:
Instead we can create our own video and post them on to the Youtube. Its all your visitors and you can make pretty good money and no need to share.

The trick though, is to create a video that gets lots of views. I don't know about you but I'm not that creative when it comes to developing entertaining video content.

cyprusholidays wrote:
If found guilty, both of them will have to face the issue.

Is video sniping against the rules? I wouldn't have thought YouTube would care at all what link is under the video, providing it's not just spam. It's a tip I first heard from a top Internet guru. I'd be a bit concerned if he was telling people to break the rules and risk their account being closed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 pm 

great idea nice thanx for sharing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:43 pm 

Good idea, but you have to be careful as YouTube will look for link content within videos that have a lot of views. Also, I'm not sure if Google has standards for YouTube put in place for this type of tactic, but I assume so since I think they own the site.

If it works you could get a great deal of organic traffic, just be careful.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:07 am 

It doesn't have to be difficult to create interesting or entertaining video content,
and you don't even have to create an actual video, because it's also possible to create your
own - Photo Slide Show - Video.

To give you an idea about how it looks and what 'Dynamic Effects' you can create that can make it seem that your Photo's come alive, on my Home Business Blog you can see an example of a video I made myself with just a bunch of vacation photo's. (sorry for the somewhat weird and mysterious musci I also made the music for that video myself :))