Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Help to increase rank?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:54 am 

Well I am at present planning a site for somebody. I have adapted such a great amount about configuration and things, however I never have figured out how to get the Search engine to get my site on the first page.

I have Dreamweaver, if that helps, such as utilizing Meta tags. Which I don't know how to do. Any help??
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:55 am 

You have a steep learning curve ahead of you. Dreamweaver is excellent software, but it won't build you a mobile responsive website, and while some meta tags are still important or essential, others are potentially damaging to your rankings in 2014-2015.

Then there's conversion — the most important aspect of most commercial web sites. Unless you know how to make a web site convert, it's typically a waste of digital space — just one more billboard in the middle of a desert full of unread, unnoticed web sites.

It's hard to know what to advise you as your next step. There's still SO much you need to learn.

Surely there are plenty of web designers and web developers in Islamabad who could help you?

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 am 

Am sure you are asking how to increase your ranking in Google, well, sorry to disappoint you but meta tags won't help, apart from having great content on your site and a well navigational site, you need back links from guest posts, blog posts, web 2.0 properties, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:33 am 

Botil wrote:
Am sure you are asking how to increase your ranking in Google, well, sorry to disappoint you but meta tags won't help, apart from having great content on your site and a well navigational site, you need back links from guest posts, blog posts, web 2.0 properties, etc.

Thanx for sharing your views. But I have some information regarding this, which I want to share with you. QnA, Forum Posting, Social Bookmarking, Forum/EDU Profiling also provide a better ranking in Google. Apart from this, you should also pay an attention over different social networking sites. These sites are also fruitful for your website.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:04 pm 

Hi,
Try to check this out [link removed — article no longer visible] and just click on continue to site. You will see how to increase or improve you ranking. I hope that will help you.

Moderator comment:
Unfortunately, these stories change constantly. What was available when writing this post is no longer visible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:00 am 

Build more backlinks to your websites it will helps to increase your website rank.

Moderator comment:
For this information to be useful to anyone, you need to include some instructions on what to do — and why and how to do it — and what NOT to do — and why and how to avoid or prevent it.

Otherwise posts like this are regarded as nothing but click-bait — a form of forum spamming.

You've been warned.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:57 pm 

We can increase PR by doing off page optimization activities in SEO like Blog posting, Forum Posting, Web 2.0, Book marking and so on but make sure your posting content must be unique and helpful for others.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:24 am 

Improving on-page will definitely help in boosting your website rank, but at the same time, you can take advantage of other SEO techniques such as Guest blogging, social bookmarking, etc.
Update your website regularly with awesome content, use images, videos, reduce page loading time to reduce bounce rate.

Moderator comment:
Rather than simply post non-specific lists of WHAT to do, how about posting more useful instructions for HOW and WHY to do it? :D
This would be much more helpful to inexperienced people — and help deflect any suspicion of SEO forum spamming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:28 pm 

Dale09 wrote:
Well I am at present planning a site for somebody. I have adapted such a great amount about configuration and things, however I never have figured out how to get the Search engine to get my site on the first page.

I have Dreamweaver, if that helps, such as utilizing Meta tags. Which I don't know how to do. Any help??
Thanks in advance

To get to first page is really going to take much time and effort on your part. Now the trick is this: Go for keywords that are lowly competitive, you can know that by using Google ad-word tool. use your keywords in your headlines/topics of your article and web contents and in the web content itself, but do not overuse them to avoid keyword stuffing. secondly keep your content fresh at all times by regularly updating it with fresh info, news, facts etc.
Then you do off-page SEO which includes social bookmarking, backlinks, article and directories submission etc bu must be done whitehat. but focus more on ON-PAGE SEO which is most important of all

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:17 am 

In order to improve your website rank there are certain prominent factors but most important factor to look is on-page factors and them implementing a proper off-page promotion strategy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:19 pm 

StelleaShapcot wrote:
In order to improve your website rank there are certain prominent factors but most important factor to look is on-page factors and then implementing a proper off-page promotion strategy

Stellea,

This kind of post is what we call "vaporware". Typically, signature files are blocked on such posts because they add very little to a discussion.

They're vague, generalised and have no specific content that will actually help other forum members get better results.

It's always better if you can expand your replies with examples, how-to suggestions, links to online resources (preferably free — and not a promotion for your own products or services, which can get your post deleted and land you on a moderator watch-list).

So please give some thought to future replies and think about how you can make your replies meaningful and useful.

Thanks

John

PS: I've left your signature on your post because I've used it to make an important point and I don't want to discourage you from posting more. Please don't take my comments here as personal — this is a frequent problem and your reply was well-intended. But it's a practical example of how easy it is to miss an opportunity to be genuinely helpful to other forum members, especially inexperienced people. :D

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:29 pm 

Dale09 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Keywords will greatly help you rank your website. Have a lot of back links to other website. You can go to other people's websites are blog for free and just put a link to your website. And do this a lot of time and after a certain period, you will have many back links and google will recognize this and rank your website higher. Also try to keep posting stuff on your website a lot often because google likes websites with fresh content. Also never copy other people's post because google does take a note of that and will decrease your website ranking. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:33 am 

Getting to the first page is everyone's goal, so you will be facing a lot of competition from people who all have differing degrees of understanding of how this works. Honestly, where you need to start is educating yourself on SEO and SEA. Take online tutorials, read essays and blog posts, grab some books; whatever can help you understand the ins and outs a little better. There's only so much that we can help you with in a forum. This is something that I have been learning for years and will still be learning for years, since it's always changing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 am 

One must take proper steps before popularizing your site in any of the social media. Social media is for every one and your single mistake can lead to huge losses or negative impacts to your website. So follow the below given points:
* Publish your content regularly.
* Your content must be relevant to your topic.
* Try to give links on your posts so that you can easily share your content with huge people in very few time.
* Make sure that the keywords are properly used, then only your content will look relevant.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:37 pm 

Here are 5 ways of improving the ranking of site.
Publish good quality content.
Regularly update your post.
Have link worthy site.
Make use of alt tags.