Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:02 pm 

I've read a few posts from people saying they are looking for ways to drive more traffic to their websites so I thought I'd offer some suggestions. I've had my website up and running for just over 2 months now and I've had some good results.

As with any website you want to convey to visitors that you are an authority on the information you are sharing with them, your site content needs to be relevant.

My site is powered by wordpress and I use certain plugins that help me, Yoast SEO is great for ensuring posts are Search Engine Optimised.

I use another plugin called shareaholic which gives you the option of sharing any post you write on your website with lots of social media and bookmarking sites.

Some sites I share on are Facebook, Linkedin, Reddit, Delicious, Digg, Stumbleupon, Twitter and Google+.

I don't really use Google+ as a social media platform like I do Facebook but what I discovered recently was that because I share posts on there I am on the front page of Google when I search my website's name, which is great considering people pay hundreds to get on the first page of Google and I got there by simply sharing a post, so definitely share posts you write on Google+

Something else I do is syndicate my posts using Pingler it's really easy to use and free.

There are other sites you can use to syndicate your content such as:

imautomator
onlywire
socialadr

All of the above sites send your posts to hundreds of different bookmarking sites to attract people to your website. I haven't used any of them past signing up for free as they charge to send to their whole list of bookmarking sites, but will allow you send to a small number for free, only places like Facebook and Twitter though which I was already sharing on.

SocialMaximizer is another good site for syndication but like the others it costs money to use, but you can access a list of niche directories where you can post links to your site for free.

http://www.directorymaximizer.com/seo-f ... tories.php

If you're on this forum or any forum you need to get your signature set up. Most forums won’t allow you to promote your site too much but something you can do is add a link to your site in your signature, so that if people are interested in the things you are posting or want to find out more about you and your site they can just click the link that will appear at the bottom of every post you make on any forum you have a signature setup with.

The link in your signature also creates a back link to your site. The more people that link back to your site the more it will help increase your authority. If you don't know what back linking is, imagine a spider's web with the spider sitting in the middle, your site is the spider and the web is made up of other sites that link back to you highlighting your authority.

Because I've done the things I've mentioned in this post Google has allowed me to appear in listings when people have been searching for other things and found my site by accident, quite a few people have commented on finding me using Stumbleupon as well.

Don't buy back links! If Google suddenly sees lots of links appear overnight they'll know they haven't been added organically and may penalise you for it.

One way you can create back links is through writing articles and posts on other sites. If you're going to do that post more than once on the sites you choose to link back from, write more than one line and actually offer something to people rather than make it blatant that you just want to link back to your own site, and don't post the same thing on lots of different sites. All of these things send bad signals to Google and they'll eventually pick up on them and again may penalise you.

If you're going to write articles or link back to your site any other way make sure you link back from a site with an authority higher than yours, there's no point linking back from a site that has a lower authority than yours as it doesn't help build your authority.

There may be other ways to check a site’s authority but a way I discovered during my learning process was using https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/ If you type any website’s address in the search bar it will give you the sites authority out of 100. This forum has 39/100.

To drive traffic to your site you can use traffic exchanges. An exchange I tried and enjoyed was TrafficSwarm You look at other sites and in exchange people look at your site which is free. You create a simple text advert to encourage people to click and visit your site. You build up points by looking at other people's sites which are then used to display the advert you create and get people to visit your site. You can buy points as well. When I last looked it was $40 for 4000 points, which means your advert will be displayed 4000 times. You will get traffic this way but it won't be as targeted if you are looking for a particular type of person or market to share information with.

I had a person put a link on my site to the following site that's said to increase traffic to a website. I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for its success but if anyone tries it and has good results let me know.

http://bondseo.com/traffic/

Daniel

Is the digital life for you?
http://deeplevelchange.com/FreeVideoSeries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:54 am 

Nice share, thanks Daniel.

Here’s another handy resource for ensuring you enjoy a higher ranking for your business in online directories. It’s FREE.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:05 am 

Daniel, this was in depth and I appreciate it a lot. These websites for content syndicating I've never considered until now. Onlywire seems the most professional to me on the first glance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 am 

Nice post buddy, I also been trying different traffic generation methods and here's what i think.
I know that most become very skeptical when it comes to doing pad ads especially when you’ve tried it before and it didn’t work. I also had the same experience a while back when i was starting out, tried Facebook advertising and didn’t so well, almost all my ads were being disapproved and if one got approved the results i got were awful.

My only small success with paid ads came when I did a tiny $60 experiment to get more Facebook Fans to my Fan page: My Life My Choice Online but overall my experience wasn’t that good so a i sort out some help from a mentor and this is what i learnt;

I had no idea what I was doing before.
There’s a TON of potential with paid traffic, especially when it comes to extremely targeted leads and customers.
It’s nothing to be scared of, as long as you’re educated going into it.
I personally that believe Facebook Ads are an exception that should be considered and here’s why;

When free traffic just isn’t providing the kind of numbers you want to see, Facebook ads are a great way to reach your ideal niche audience/client, and kick it up a notch fast and on a limited budget.
When you need more diversified traffic to your site because Google’s Panda updates wrecked your organic search results.
When you have an idea for a product, but aren’t sure if there is a market for it, test it on Facebook to see if there is any interest before creating it.
If you’re launching a new product, but want to find a name for it that is going to generate the most sales, do a test run on Facebook with a variety of names and see which one gets the most clicks.
There are more than 800 million people (yes 800 MILLION!) on Facebook today. This lends you an instant opportunity to reach hundreds of millions of potential customers, subscribers or readers that may not know to search for you in Google.

Facebook gives you the ability to set-up extremely specific targeting for your ads so they can be seen by your exact niche audience.

I’m not suggesting that you abandon your SEO efforts or other strategies that are free to do.

Rather, I’m suggesting that the unique form of advertising that Facebook provides can help you in ways that you may not have considered.

What I’d like to show you are some tips and creative ways you can use Facebook advertising to build your audience and grow your online business.

THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO
There’s something you can do to increase the chances for a successful ad campaign on Facebook and I can’t tell you how many people DON’T do this. Well, I can, but that’s a whole other story.

Research your exact target audience before you set-up your campaign.

Unless you know precisely who your target audience is, don’t be one of those people who jumps right into setting up a campaign and skips this step. You’ll save yourself time and money by taking a few minutes to do it.

There are several ways you can research your target audience:

Google Analytics:

G

A great place to start is what you know about your existing customers or website visitors.

Are they male or female?
How old are they?
Where do they live?
What are their interests?
What other websites do they frequently visit?
Know your competitors:

If you don’t know who they are, you should.

Check out their Facebook page and pay close attention to comments people leave, which posts draw the most reactions, what people are “Liking”, etc…

All of this is great intelligence you can use when setting up your own ad campaign.

YouTube:

YOUTUBEEver notice that small graph-looking icon in the right corner underneath a video you’re watching?

When you click on it it gives you some great data about people who have watched the video — viewer age ranges, countries where people are watching the video, etc…

Also, scan the comments to read what people like and dislike about the video. There can be valuable insights here.

Quantcast:

Quantcast is a free online tool that provides details about audiences for all website owners. You simply type in a website whose audience you’re interested in learning more about.

The amount of information available from site to site can vary (the smaller the website that you’re searching about the less data there will be) but the insight you can gain from Quantcast is awesome. My favorite bit of data is a breakdown and list of other sites people are likely to visit.

This is GOLD when you’re using “Interest Targeting” on Facebook because you can learn more about the interests of people who go to that site.

You’ll also find standard data here that you would find with Google Analytics, but the demographics go a bit deeper to include things like site visitor income levels and the # of children per household.

Alexa:

Alexa is another free online resource that gives you insights into the visitors of other websites.

You can use it for a number of insights including how popular a competitor’s website is and finding new competitive websites that you may not have realized existed.

BONUS TIP: In addition to using these resources for your Facebook ad campaign research, they’re also great when researching niches that you may want to start working in.

HERE’S A NICE WAY OF CRAFTING A FACEBOOK AD
Make sure that the ad catches user’s attention right away with the colorful image. With all the clutter on Facebook pages these days, the image is the most important part of the ad.
The headline should stir an emotion of empowerment and motivation.
The ad copy should clearly outline what the product offering is (“25 courses/products”), the value being offered ($1500 worth…for $39.99) and then further provide further validation by highlighting that courses/products are from the “biggest online personal development bloggers and authors.”
Users should explicitly know the price ($39.99). Including the price is a great tactic to filter out qualified customers.
A sense of urgency should also be implied — “Only 48 hours left.”
The Landing Page:

We all know how important a landing page is when trying to convert website traffic to paying customers.

The landing page should clearly listout each of the courses/products, their authors, and the price they normally sell for individually.

There should be a clear call-to-action (a red button with “Get Instant Access”) and a digital clock in the upper right counting down to the end of the sale. This clock further created a sense of urgency for the person to buy without further delay.

What about Targeting?

“Precise Interest” targeting should be used to reach users who have an interest in things like the following:

Personal development
Personal growth
Productivity
The 4-Hour Workweek
“Fans” of people like Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk were also targeted because their brands align with the products and courses being offered.

Now, always test your ads…

In any kind of online advertising, testing is THE most important thing you can do.

Different images, headlines, ad copy, and landing pages should all be tested to see which performs best.

Do yourself a favor…be diligent about testing.

GROW YOUR BUSINESS PAGE THROUGH FACEBOOK PAGE ADS
A good about Facebook Page ads is that you can now target friends of people who are already Fans of your page. This is Facebook’s bread and butter — leveraging social proof and word-of-mouth promotion.

After all, you’re more likely to do something at the suggestion of a friend than a total stranger, right?

ATTRACT YOUR IDEAL AUDIENCE
Hopefully you have a picture in your mind of the ideal person who will benefit most from your niche business. (If you don’t, I’d jump to the “The First Thing You Should Do” portion of this post.)

“Interest targeting” is a great way to put your business in front of your exact target audience.

This targeting has only gotten better because, whether we like it or not, Facebook now takes all of our status updates, “Likes”, personal profile info, what we post on other people’s Walls, groups we belong to, etc… and uses it to target ads to us.

A little scary, but true.

Have a site in the personal finance niche, for example? You can target your ads to people who work at the Wall Street Journal if you want. Awesome.

TEST PRODUCT IDEAS BEFORE CREATION
Have an idea for a niche product but unsure whether there’s a desire for it?

You can test market reaction to a product idea before creating it by using targeted Facebook ads.

As we’ve discussed, set up your targeting so the ideal audience for your product idea will see your ads.

Test different versions of images, headlines and ad copy which all revolve around your product and variations of your idea. Give your ads some time to run and then see which of your ads perform the best.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the landing page with this kind of test because you’re really only concerned with how many times people are clicking on your ads.

Was the click-through rate high? (the average on Facebook is about 0.04%)

Was there one ad that people interacted with more than another?

This kind of testing can give you invaluable feedback about a niche product idea before you spend the time and resources to create it.

I’ve only just touched on the possibilities that exist with Facebook ads but hopefully you’ve gotten some actionable tips and ideas that you can take and use for your own niche.

If you’re not yet advertising on Facebook but want to get started, I want to help. Hell, even if you’re already running ads, I want to help.

Your check out more on my blog: http://mylifemychoiceonline.co

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:46 am 

Thanks for all the info. I totally agree that paid advertising will always get you faster results.

Moderated for irrelevant content.

Is the digital life for you?
http://deeplevelchange.com/FreeVideoSeries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:31 pm 

1, Develop good headlines. Headlines are the first thing readers see, and are typically the only thing they see if the article is shared. Your headlines should jump out at the reader and quickly draw their attention. A good headline can dramatically increase your views when shared on a social network.
2, Write articles rich in content. Quality articles will get ranked better in search results. Make sure that your articles address the needs of your readers, and that they can find all of the information they need in one spot. This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it.
3, Address a niche. Good sites address a specific niche or audience and then become an expert in that field. You want your site to be the one resource that your readers go to first. Either start a site based on an interest of yours, or examine the market and find a niche that hasn't been addressed well. Turn that niche into your expertise.
4, Create shareable content. In the world of social media, shareable content is king. Your content should be easily share-able so that your readers can spread the word for you. This is a combination of a good headline and an interesting image, as well as a captivating lead-in. All of this creates a perfect bite-sized chunk of your article that others can share through Facebook, Twitter, and other networks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:48 am 

Yeah I like it, so as your do blog and social media posts you can use this program to get it linked from several places that Google likes?

That would be awesome.

It just seems like the links would be very low or ignored considering how many it must make for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:55 pm 

dwhs wrote:
Yeah I like it, so as your do blog and social media posts you can use this program to get it linked from several places that Google likes?

What program are you referring to?

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 pm 

Hi everyone..
To increase the traffic to our website their are some essential things that you need to keep in mind and will prove to be quite effective in increasing traffic-
1. Concentrate on long tail keywords
2. Provide relevant content to your sites.
3. Prefer doing blog posts, forums to provide links that will help in advertising your products.
4. Update your site regularly.
5. Make use of social media sites.
6. Create attractive landing pages.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:04 am 

Below listed are some of the techniques which can help in getting traffic to your website.
1. Blogging
2. Video Promotions
3. Forums of your niche & targeted audience.
4. Focus on social media promotions.
5. Increase your budget and move for paid promotions. Target social media paid promotions, PPC.

Redspark technologies Pvt. Ltd. is an ISO 9001:2008 certified and NASCOMM recognized IT Company having highly experienced developers and quality designers delivering quality websites to 500+ clients worldwide.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:06 pm 

1. Making your own blog.
2. Posting a video on YouTube that adds value.
3. Solo ads
4. Posting in Facebook Groups where people are looking for business opportunities.
5. Guest blogging

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:00 am 

Some of the best ways to improve website traffic-

1. Advertise
2. Get Social
3. Pay Attention to On-Page SEO
4. Target Long-Tail Keywords
5. Start Guest Blogging
6. Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Site
7. Post Content to LinkedIn
8. Implement Schema Microdata
9. Link Internally
10. Make Sure Your Site is Responsive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:38 am 

Thank you for sharing this interesting!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:21 am 

You can do media buying on native ad platforms, facebook ads are also quite good and join communities on google plus in your topic of interest. Post something informative and back it up with an incredible headline.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:03 pm 

I have been using solo ads and traffic exchanges to gain more traffic, so far they have been working for me. The key is consistency, no matter what method you choose, your application of if needs to be consistent to see good results.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next