Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:15 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:12 am 

Social Media is one of the best ways of marketing. Everybody wants to have fun, get entertained and educated, that's why millions and millions and millions of people are on social media today.
This gives you an opprtunity to market your business effectively to a large audience.

1. look for all options- All social media sites are different and unique in their own ways. Explore all of them and find out what's best for you. Perhaps one particular site reaches a majority of people and so is a worthwhile recipient of most of your efforts.

2. Approach- you marketing should be value drives, most people forget this, adn they spam their links everywhere. Produce content which helps people.

3. Stand out- you need to realize that when a person is spanding time on social media, he/she is bombarded by 100s of marketin messages. In your niche/domain itself, there must be 100s of blogs/websites comepting with each other for traffic. You need to stand out.
Keep the titles interesting, catchy.

4. Caution- in the spirit of 'standing out' and being different, you can post controversial content, but make sure you dont talk negative about other people/organizations. You can be held liable in a court of law.

5. type of content- writing articles is a great way to drive traffic and engage visitors, but make sure you also have infographics made. This will be useful for sites like Pinterest and Instagram. Videos are another great way to engage people. So a good idea would be, when you're writing an article, make a video about it too, as well as an infographic and power point presentation (for document sharing sites like slideshare)

6. build a list- So you're marketing , you have great content and everything, but if you're not building a list of subscribers, you're missing out on a great opportunity. list bulding helps you with 2 things, you can send your content to your list, in this case, you list is a source of traffic. List building is a great opportunity to build relationship with your subscribers. A person on your list is more likely to buy your product as compared to a person visiting your blog/site first time. How do you build a list? By giving value- ebook/videos in exchange for contact details.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:41 pm 

Thanks for these tips, they are great. but to add, if you have some cash to spend, i suggest you buy ads to expose our social page to the outside world and get targeted traffic to your website too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 am 

I realise that this is a slightly older topic, but I just wanted to say that "buying ads" is really vague. Do you mean Facebook ads? Do you mean Google Ads? I think jumping to ads is something to do at the very last stage, when you have already invested a good amount of time and energy into a good social media strategy and optimising your website for top performance. There are so many effective things that you can do, most of which don't require a financial investment, but do require a considerable time investment. Nevertheless, they are more effective than buying ads. So IMO ads are the last step - last resort perhaps - after everything else is optimised and running efficiently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:23 am 

I agree. No point driving traffic until you have content and offers to attract and hold their interest.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 pm 

Yeah I think Facebook is the hottest tool for social media marketing right now. We gain 2X in ROI for using this channel.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:43 am 

Try to connect with more peoples on social media like facebook, twitter, pinterest and google plus. Try to follow the active users and those who have more followers in their profiles.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 am 

Rainmakerdots wrote:
Try to connect with more peoples on social media like facebook, twitter, pinterest and google plus. Try to follow the active users and those who have more followers in their profiles.

It would be helpful to explain WHY people should do this.

Then they can have some idea of whether they're getting desirable, positive results for their efforts.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 pm 

Your content is the most important thing to drive large audience and engage with your posts. Visual content like photographs , videos, infographics, gifs etc. are more engaging and fun way to promote your business on social media.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:27 am 

Stop using the old techniques that is suggested by the experienced people. I never believe on what other's say, hence i suggest you to try some innovative techniques so that people get something different and they like your content and product. Make superb headings for your content, because heading is the foremost thing that attracts the people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 pm 

Thank you so much for sharing these great tips! I have been on social media (mostly FB business page) and haven't had much luck attracting people. I have 100 likes on a page I have had for like 3 years and I just created another one so I want to do this one right! I have so much to learn!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:41 am 

I totally agree with you. These tips are really useful for my job. Social media has gained high popularity all over the world.
Moreover, i think if you all own an eCommerce website or a blog, keep in mind to integrate your website with social media channels like facebook or twitter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:03 pm 

Thank you so much for sharing the tips for the beginners. I am much glad to get it here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:45 am 

The best Social Marketing tip you can get: Get a proven marketing system
that can convert any business traffic into lifetime buyers:
Get it here:
(REMOVE THE SPACE IN THE URL)
bit. ly/Jay-Abraham-Marketing-HardDrive