Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:38 pm 

Ladies and Gentlemen,

What Facebook and Twitter won't do -
let me break this down for you in a very simple manner. No one has, and no one will get rich quick by using Facebook and Twitter. My box has started to fill up lately with all these social media "companies and products" popping up everywhere making bogus claims that will catapult your business etc.

What Facebook and Twitter "can" do -
It can help you build brand awareness, confidence and trust between you and your existing and future customers or clients. By keeping your customers and followers engaged you "can" build brand loyalty if you do it right. Think of Apple for example. Iphone owners want Iphones because...it's an iphone. Not because it's better or worse than Android. They are sheep to the brand because Apple did their homework and now have a zombie following. They did an amazing job. Now don't get me wrong, I'm optimistic & realistic. Staying positive is a great thing, but don't get sucked into the hype and lose your mind over social media. I've seen companies just throw away half a million dollars because some sucker SEO firm told them it's what they need.

Again, keep in mind that you will probably not get the lead generation to achieve your hopes and dreams, but it "can" be helpful if you have a lot of patience. Also, there is hardly any direct way to know if someone bought your product because they read a Facebook page or Twitter post, and that gave them assurance that you and your business is worth their hard earned money. In fact, 99 times out of 100 you will never know what impact Twitter or Facebook really had on your customers willingness to purchase or stick with you over your competitor.

I'll add more later, but I just want everyone to start using their head when it comes to Social Media. It's a big mystery to most, and dollar signs for those who think they can capitalize on your lack of Social Media education.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:10 am 

You really said it right. Facebook and Twitter are simply useful social networks that can help you publicize your business\product.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:55 am 
Facebook is like a free marketing resource. All you have to do is make the right use of it. It is the best platform to make the public aware about your business and service. It has visitors, whom you have to attract with your tactics and ploys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:51 pm 
I think yes both are powerful social network methods to promote any kind of business and products but according to me to use features of Facebook is much easier than Twitter and but both are inconvenient methods to promote business products.
Thank for sharing information.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:12 am 

I think still google ads much more better than twitter and facebook to use

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:58 pm 

Fewer opinions, more reasonsobjective facts, please.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:23 am 
Thanks for sharing basics of facebook and twitter. This post is really interesting and informative.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:25 am 

Hey people! does anyone know where to find some easy outhouse steak coupons because I'm really craving some outhouse steak right now haha!

Moderator comment:
Haha indeed. The only outhouse steak I know of is recycled.
It says a lot about your culinary tastes, considering that you're craving steak that other people have dumped after digesting it.

You're a spamming idiot who's now banned. All your deposits throughout these forums have been flushed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 am 
Hi,

The content on the company’s Facebook or Twitter page needs to be relevant and original. The content should not only market the product, but should educate the consumer about the industry so that the customer understands why they need the product or service.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:33 am 
Very nice post about the basics of facebook and twitter.
Yes its true that these social media sites are not money making machines but yes you can promote your products/ services etc up to an extent and can get some benefit. But you must know that how to do this properly.
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:38 am 

Facebook and twitter are certainly two of the best ways to stay connected with your friends and families and over the last past years these platforms have become a very effective way for business owners to market their products and services. With the smartphones and facebook and twitter apps available for these phones, people can get connected to their facebook and twitter 24x7.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:34 pm 

A timely reminder, folks…

The original post is dated more than FOUR YEARS ago.

A lot has changed with Facebook and Twitter in 4 years!

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:14 am 

Thanks for the post, i totally agree with you Facebook and Twitter are best at publicizing your product to the world which is a good advertising tactic using social media.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:53 pm 

Facebook and Twitter both are the social media sites but there is a difference in the work and the services that they offer. Facebook allows you to make use of texts, images, videos, audios and other such media to connect and share with people. While Twitter allows you to use 140 characters to show the information regarding the products and services.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:40 am 

This topic has reached the stage where posts are adding little or nothing of use or value, posted only to justify signature backlinks.