Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am 

I am searcching for the 5 best social websites to promote my ebook business. Can some one in our community help? Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:13 pm 
how about using digg and stumbleupon? both of them are quality and great websites.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 pm 

Thank you, advice well taken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:35 am 
Well you can get a significant result from the regular, common social sites. Facebook, twitter, digg, stumbleupon, delicious, myspace are some of them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:01 am 
An ebook business is quite complicated. If your ebook is about internet marketing you have more chances to sell it online. You have to look for JV partners. You also have to promote your work everywhere to get enough traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 am 

There are also several ebook directories where you can list/sell your ebooks. (Google is your friend.)

How to promote ebooks - Google Search http://bit.ly/qN8mR1

There's also Amazon's CreateSpace.com, Kindle site, etc.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 am 

I did a quick search and found an excellent article at http://bookmarketingbuzz.com/2010/05/03/how-to-promote-your-self-published-ebook-for-free/

I realise that the article doesn't really cover social media, but it's really, really useful stuff for any ebook publisher or aspiring publisher.

Dorothy Thompson wrote:
Here are a few simple ways I have used to promote my eBooks and get them to the top of the search engines:

• Using key search words throughout my selling page and on every single piece of promotional literature I send out.
  • Using free press release sites frequently, keeping in mind to use those key search words not only in the title, but also throughout the release.
  • Using free content ezines as vehicles to get my selling page’s link on hundreds upon hundreds of websites (being careful to put the title of your article into google alerts so your article doesn't get reworded like this to make it sound like another business wrote YOUR article).
  • Using online storefronts (this is a suggestion; a search in google will find you more) who will list my eBook for free.
  • Using writer forums and websites that will let you announce your eBook.
  • Using blogs to announce your eBook and promote it.
  • Using virtual book tours, thus using other people's blogs to promote your book.

The secret to selling self-published eBooks (or any kind of eBook or print book, for that matter) is to get your link on as many websites and blogs as you can (an added bonus to this is that it raises your PR ranking in the process).

You have to remember, you have an electronic book. You can’t go on book signings so you have to rely on the Internet to get the word out. But, by following those seven examples above, I’ll guarantee you’ll get the sales you need if you have a market for your book.

So what if you’ve done everything above, and your eBook still isn’t selling?

Where some authors go wrong is that they fail to remember the most important thing you need in order to sell any kind of books — a market.

No amount of promotion is going to do you any good unless you have an audience who is willing to fork out the money.

Before you even put down that first word, you have to ask yourself these following questions:

• Who is going to buy my eBook?
  • Why is my eBook any different than Joe Blow’s eBook on the same subject?
  • What will my audience gain from my eBook?
  • Can they already find this information readily on the Internet?
  • Will my buyers gain something from my eBook, or is it simply to entertain?
  • Pique your potential buyer’s interest.
  • Post an excerpt on your website so they can judge for themselves whether your eBook will be something they need.

Once you get into the mindset of your buyer, things start falling in place, and you’ll get those sales you want.

Zero in on your market, do the steps I’ve outlined above, and I’ll guarantee you’ll be selling ebooks like flies on to honey.

Happy promoting to you!

Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations firm specializing in online book promotion and virtual book tours for authors who want maximum exposure online. Visit us at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:42 am 
profitclinic wrote:
I did a quick search and found an excellent article at http://bookmarketingbuzz.com/2010/05/03/how-to-promote-your-self-published-ebook-for-free/

I realise that the article doesn't really cover social media, but it's really, really useful stuff for any ebook publisher or aspiring publisher.

Dorothy Thompson wrote:
Here are a few simple ways I have used to promote my eBooks and get them to the top of the search engines:

• Using key search words throughout my selling page and on every single piece of promotional literature I send out.
  • Using free press release sites frequently, keeping in mind to use those key search words not only in the title, but also throughout the release.
  • Using free content ezines as vehicles to get my selling page’s link on hundreds upon hundreds of websites (being careful to put the title of your article into google alerts so your article doesn't get reworded like this to make it sound like another business wrote YOUR article).
  • Using online storefronts (this is a suggestion; a search in google will find you more) who will list my eBook for free.
  • Using writer forums and websites that will let you announce your eBook.
  • Using blogs to announce your eBook and promote it.
  • Using virtual book tours, thus using other people's blogs to promote your book.

The secret to selling self-published eBooks (or any kind of eBook or print book, for that matter) is to get your link on as many websites and blogs as you can (an added bonus to this is that it raises your PR ranking in the process).

You have to remember, you have an electronic book. You can’t go on book signings so you have to rely on the Internet to get the word out. But, by following those seven examples above, I’ll guarantee you’ll get the sales you need if you have a market for your book.

So what if you’ve done everything above, and your eBook still isn’t selling?

Where some authors go wrong is that they fail to remember the most important thing you need in order to sell any kind of books — a market.

No amount of promotion is going to do you any good unless you have an audience who is willing to fork out the money.

Before you even put down that first word, you have to ask yourself these following questions:

• Who is going to buy my eBook?
  • Why is my eBook any different than Joe Blow’s eBook on the same subject?
  • What will my audience gain from my eBook?
  • Can they already find this information readily on the Internet?
  • Will my buyers gain something from my eBook, or is it simply to entertain?
  • Pique your potential buyer’s interest.
  • Post an excerpt on your website so they can judge for themselves whether your eBook will be something they need.

Once you get into the mindset of your buyer, things start falling in place, and you’ll get those sales you want.

Zero in on your market, do the steps I’ve outlined above, and I’ll guarantee you’ll be selling ebooks like flies on to honey.

Happy promoting to you!

Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations firm specializing in online book promotion and virtual book tours for authors who want maximum exposure online. Visit us at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

That was a good link, John. I never thought of creating an ebook and I think it plays a major role. Would love to make one and try it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:19 am 

thanks for sharing decent article with us, its pretty impressive !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 am 
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your great information. Facebook, twitter, stumble upon , digg and delicious are the best 5 social sites to promote ebooks.

Best Regards
Richard Smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 pm 

I'd add another two more which are probably the most powerful of all…

• Promote your ebook through affiliates, preferably with a solid-value back-end product or service.
  • Promote your ebook through viral traffic, using a strategy like Jonathan Leger's "The $7 Secret".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 am 
For me facebook, Google plus, Stumbleupon, digg are best place to advertise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:54 pm 

Use Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:27 am 

Here are the list of top 5 sites for me, where you should promote your ebooks to get the best exposure:

1. Addicted To Ebooks
2. Author Marketing Club
3. Books On The Knob
4. Digital Book Today
5. eBooks Habit

I hope these sites will help you a lot to promote ebooks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:57 pm 

I think Linked in should be really great for advertising ebooks as well. it just depends on your audience really. but linked it is really well covered and have great business minded members there