Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:31 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 am 
Moderator comment:
Content swiped from http://www.highrankings.com/twitter-for-birds, with no acknowledgement or permission.
Poster banned for content theft.

Below are six suggestions for finding people to follow, but first a little business-focused contemplation. Think about your purpose and motive. This will help you focus on following the right kind of people. Two important business questions are:

• Do you want to follow people with similar interests, in the same industry? or
  • Do you prefer to develop a group of followers who will benefit from your products or services and possibly hire you?

1. Most people tend to reciprocate followers, so keep the Golden Rule in mind. Follow the kind of people whom you want to be followed by.
  2. Follow a couple of people you know, such as the person who introduced you to Twitter.
  3. Follow their friends. Observe conversations and then choose new followers from among the people others are talking with.
  4. Upload your contact list to Twitter to find people on Twitter whom you already know. Follow #2 above again.
  5. Visit TwitterPacks. It lists all kinds of Twitter folks according to special interest.
  6. Search on Twitter for your city or town name along with the state, and review profiles to find new people to follow.
  7. Visit TweetScan. It’s a more advanced twitter search site.

Number 2 above is a successful method because it includes some measure of social validation as you move from friend to friend of friend, rather than guessing whom to follow. You know the old saying, “Birds of a feather flock together”? It really does apply here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 am 
What is the use of following people on Twitter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am 

veenafurtado wrote:

Veena, perhaps you missed the very first item on harjos' list? (Emphasis added by me.)

harjos wrote:
  1. Most people tend to reciprocate followers, so keep the Golden Rule in mind. Follow the kind of people whom you want to be followed by.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 am 
harjos wrote:
Below are six suggestions for finding people to follow, but first a little business-focused contemplation. Think about your purpose and motive. This will help you focus on following the right kind of people. Two important business questions are:

• Do you want to follow people with similar interests, in the same industry? or
  • Do you prefer to develop a group of followers who will benefit from your products or services and possibly hire you?

2. Follow a couple of people you know, such as the person who introduced you to Twitter.
  3. Follow their friends. Observe conversations and then choose new followers from among the people others are talking with.
  4. Upload your contact list to Twitter to find people on Twitter whom you already know. Follow #2 above again.
  5. Visit TwitterPacks. It lists all kinds of Twitter folks according to special interest.
  6. Search on Twitter for your city or town name along with the state, and review profiles to find new people to follow.
  7. Visit TweetScan. It’s a more advanced twitter search site.

Number 2 above is a successful method because it includes some measure of social validation as you move from friend to friend of friend, rather than guessing whom to follow. You know the old saying, “Birds of a feather flock together”? It really does apply here.

When i start using twitter i also wonder to whom i should follow?? Thanks for sharing these nice tips.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:36 am 

veenafurtado wrote:

As John said, the reason for following people is so that they will follow yoiu back (usually). If you're wondering why you would want to have people follow you, it's so that we can interact with them and build relationships.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:04 am 

I find with Twitter, i just get alot of kinda spamy tweets on my page, maybe thats just the nature of the beast, get a few clicks to my site however.

Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 am 
When i start using twitter i first follow some of my friends who were already there, and then i follow their friends and such people about whom i thought that they always post good tweets.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 am 
Simple method is that create a Twitter profile target specific world that relevant of your business then you find people that follow twitter account that is simple way for your solution if you have any other way share here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 pm 
Very informative points you have mentioned to increase twitter followers.I am using some tools to increase followers.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:04 am 

Thanks for sharing tips. I usually follow my friends, and the people who have the same interest as me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:31 am 
Exactly! if you want to have great followers you have to work hard for it. Doesn't mean you follow someone that person will follow you back. My philosophy is that its better to have few followers as long as they are merely interested in everything you will tweet than having tons of them who are wasted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:47 pm 

I have a twitter account I set i up at least a yea ago. I have no Idea how to use it or why people follow you? Seems it may be to get you in to the company they are reps for? Is there another reason? Linda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 pm 

Linda, that would really only apply to people promoting income opportunities like MLM.
They don't last long on Twitter doing that kind of dumb promotion. Or any other social networks.

There are any number of smarter and more useful reasons for having people follow you on Twitter — like having something useful and rewarding to say!

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:09 am 

Social networking as grown wider in such a way that, business have started taking leads from it. So its always advisable to stay in touch with follower by re tweeting or by just tweeting some new information, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 am 

The easiest way of finding people is to connect with new people on different social media sites and make them to connect with you on Twitter. By sharing quality info regarding your products and services on different social media sites, you can attract people to connect you on Twitter. Using links on your post can also help you a lot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next