Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:16 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Twitter Traffic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 am 

I have a travel blog with adsense, just wondering, are there forum members here who make money through Twitter traffic, and how do they do it?

Post subject: Re: Twitter Traffic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 am 
Hi,

I am trying to do that thing you are curious about and here's what I have so far:

- generate some really cool and interesting waves of tweets
- obtain 10 thousand followers
- continue to maintain your tweets

I have had little success with this, but hopefully I can find a recipe. Followers will come and they should be generating more profit. More visitors = more profit. :wink:

Hopefully I do this right.

I also found many posts about generating traffic from twitter and other social media. Its all over the net.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 pm 
there's no easy way to get to the top. If you really want to succeed with your site you have to established yourself first. Promote it the right way and get followers the right way. There are many ways to get tons of followers online but don't make it so easy. Learn to know your market first and from there you would know the things that I would like you to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm 

I'm sorry, I don't have successful experience with Twitter. I have used twitter for marketing, but with no luck. I don't know if it is because there are too many posts updating at the same time, so that it is difficult to catch users' eyes.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:22 am 
twitter might bring some traffic but it doesn't mean you'll be successful to it. The traffic that you should get is the right traffic you need or else it won't help you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am 

Axelle wrote:
I have a travel blog with adsense, just wondering, are there forum members here who make money through Twitter traffic, and how do they do it?

making money with twitter traffic is not possible when you have real fan following like many celebrities do but if you are better in online business you can gain real follower .

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:22 pm 

I honestly feel the same way I use twitter, facebook and instagram as my main form of social marketing and I have to say by far that twitter is my least favourable social network, Instagram is GREAT facebook is okay although I have noticed many users have started using other means of social networking alot more (Instagram, snapchat) but twitter I just cannot seem to get followers, I believe the issue with twitter is you need a fanbase prior before using twitter to receive any sorts of followers, then again i'v never been a rocket scientist with social networks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:58 pm 

JillADDison wrote:
If you shorten your links via bitly or owly then you tweet it on twiiter. If your links get 1000 clicks then you can earn 5$. By twitter you can get more sales on your site. But remember you should do proper twitter marketing.

Can you explain how this works please?

Surely bit.ly and ow.ly need permission to automatically post to Twitter on your behalf? And where does the $5 com from?

(This post reads suspiciously like it's from an outsourcer from the Indian subcontinent or Philippines.)

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:31 am 

In order to get benefits from twitter you should have a large number of followers on this website and once you have large numbers of followers then you would definitely have people visiting your website from your twitter account. It is a pretty effective way to promote your website and you should start working on it and if you work properly then it surely would be an effective thing for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:12 pm 

This is difficult to make clear sense of, Sarrah. Can you please clarify which site you need followers (this forum or Twitter?) and have a re-think about some of your other comments, please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:59 am 

The only way to get traffic from twitter is to increase your followers, and this is a true time taking process to build to your credibility.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:51 am 

Try to use less words for your tweet, but the words must suggest your full description that you want to tell.
Make use of @ to mention.
Use popular hashtags.
Include statistics for making your post different from others.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 am 

Moderator comment:

This applies to ALL topics about "How to…"

Lists of things to do can be useful as idea starters and reminders, but they're basically useless on their own.

It's MUCH more helpful if you explain HOW and WHY to do those things in your list.