Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:21 pm 

If you've been online and involved in Internet marketing and selling for any length of time, you probably know the BIG Secret of Success…

Running your own MEMBERSHIP sites!

This is how you build your own branded communities that can turn…

• your visitors into interested, qualified PROSPECTS,
  • your prospects into eager, educated BUYERS,
  • your buyers into loyal, profitable, repeat CUSTOMERS and
  • your customers into your most productive, profitable SELLERS!

You can use your Facebook Group to promote EVENTS, share Photos and Videos and download Files of all kinds.

You'll find details in the following two posts (same topic):

Have fun! :D

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:59 pm 

Here's how I use Facebook Groups and Facebook Pages to create and promote FREE membership sites. (Regular online membership sites require expensive software — typically US$200-$500 — plus hosting, plus technical skills.)

FB Groups can be Public, Closed or Secret.

Public
    Anyone can see the group, its members and their posts.

Closed
    Anyone can find the group and see who's in it. Only members can see posts.

Secret
    Only members can find the group, see who's in it and see posts.

You can upload files of all kinds (text documents, PDF, docs, spreadsheets, databases, images and more. Members can download them from the FILES tab below the header image. Only Group Members can download files.

You can store photos and videos, promote events and conduct polls/surveys using Tabs as well.

Are you beginning to see the possibilities here?

Here are some screen captures for a new Facebook Page and Group for The Profit Clinic to show you what visitors, members and non-members see:

1. The Facebook Page for promoting the CLOSED Group — what visitors see

2. The Facebook GROUP page — what NON-members see

3. The Facebook GROUP page — what MEMBERS see

Hope this helps! :D

PS: Sorry the screen captures are so small — the forum software only allows images up to 480 x 480 pixels.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 pm 

Here are a couple of real-life examples of integrated Facebook Pages and Facebook Groups I own and operate.
One is simple, the other is more complicated for the reasons you'll see.

Project 1 (simple): Disability Parking Cheats Victoria

This project is brand new. It's the result of two levels of frustration I've experienced with drivers who park their vehicles in disability parking bays without valid permits. (I've been a disabled driver since March of 2014 due to osteoarthritis.) Victoria is my home state in Australia. It's a world leader in disability, road safety, accessibility and other related areas of law and innovation. We were the first to make safety belts in cars, crash helmets for cyclists and motor cyclists, etc compulsory by law (in the 1960s and 1970s).

My first level of frustration is with those drivers. They need to stop illegally occupying disabled parking bays, because it not only causes massive inconvenience to genuinely disabled drivers, but it can place their health — and even their lives — at risk.

The second level is with Facebook Groups run by disabled drivers who think that the best solution is to "name and shame" offenders by posting photos of them breaking the law on Facebook, and putting flyers on their illegally-parked vehicles.

While that may give them a short-term feeling of doing something constructive, it rarely makes any difference to the behaviour of the offending drivers, because they're the kind of people who only comply when the chances of them being caught and fined are close to 100%.

So the frustration actually increases over time because nothing seems to work.

So I did some market research and discovered an innovative Australian company achieving outstanding results using high-tech solutions to fix all kinds of parking management problems, including…
  • in-ground monitoring of parking bays to display and identify vacant parking spaces in large car parks (using a free mobile app to enable real-time location of vacant parking bays for drivers),

• in-ground RFID sensors that start the clock as soon as a parking bay is occupied, then send an alert to the nearest parking inspector (who operates a hand-held device that photographs the offending vehicle and the signage, pinpoints the location by satellite, traces its registration to the owner and creates, prints and mails a penalty notice the same day. And they don't even have to get out of their official vehicle — it takes only seconds.

• A similar RFID sensor for Disability Parking Bays that check for a specific microchip in any vehicle entering the DPB. If there's no response, it instantly notifies the nearest parking officer. And it all happens before the offending driver stops their vehicle.

So I'm now spearheading a campaign to help achieve these objectives:

• Have our State government pass laws to increase the fine for parking in a Disability Parking Bay from $117 to at least $500, so that it hurts offenders were it counts — their "hip pocket nerve"! (It will also pay for the technology, quickly!)

• Award 1 demerit point against their driver's licences (12 demerit points in a 3-year period = cancellation of licence) to REALLY get their attention.

• Encourage local councils (through higher fines and higher detection rates) to install the technology required to implement the strategy.

We're about to start recruiting people to lobby the State government and local councils, sign petitions, educate motorists, etc to deliver faster results. The technology is already on trial or being installed in the UK and USA, Singapore and some European countries and every trial is producing fast, measurable, trackable results.

We're attracting disabled drivers who are tired of Facebook Groups that address only the symptoms without curing the disease. To get their attention we're releasing Youtube videos and downloadable PDF flyers that they can print and place on offending vehicles, linked to our web site and our "rogues gallery" on a Facebook Page (which doesn't require offenders to JOIN just to see photos of their vehicles).

The flyers give members a sense of doing something to vent their frustration — but linked to the videos — so that there's familiarity with what they've already been doing, and some immediate sense of achievement, but all directed toward a specific course of political action designed to actually FIX THE PROBLEM!

View samples of these flyers here: http://dpcheats.org/flyers/ « Right-click on the link to open in a new window.

The flyers send offenders to this web page… http://dpcheats.org/sprung/ « Right-click on the link to open in a new window.

Visit our Facebook Page, which has a call-to-action button to join our Facebook Group and support our campaign.

Facebook Page: http://dpcheats.org/fbp/ « Right-click on the link to open in a new window.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 pm 

The second membership site example is for The Australian Small Business Network, which had its 20th anniversary last year.

You can download the article as a PDF document (5 pages) from: http://asbn.me/fbtribe/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:43 am 

People generally joins, poem, news, jokes and education related groups, I have 100 facebook friends, I created a group named financial advisor and added them in this group, I regularly post content related to finance industry. Generally members in the group doesn't have knowledge about it and also they don't like it and 70 people have left the group.
As well as I have a facebook page related to web design with 500 likes, I regularly post content related new themes, wordpress etc on this page. A general facebook user doesn't like information related to designing theme or wordpress because they don't have knowledge about it. They like information exactly related to them, or the things that they like, movies, jocks, political news, stories, beautiful pictures of nature and cute and lovely pictures of animals babies and babes etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:04 am 

I'm not quite sure what your point is here, but it sounds to me like you're targeting the wrong people — or you're not communicating your offer very well.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:46 am 

Want to know more detailed help me again.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 am 

paparoch wrote:
Want to know more detailed help me again.

Can you be more specific about what you're looking for?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 am 

Great method, I like it but still find the exact how its works?