Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:06 am 

Hey guys, I want to talk about Twitter in this post. Twitter HAS to be a part of your Social Media marketing strategy, it’s a great source of traffic to reach your target market and potential buyers. Your stuff can potentially go VIRAL- retweets! Great for branding! You can find your market on Twitter- MILLIONS of people use Twitter.
3 things to keep in Mind while Twitter Marketing.

1) Setting up your profile- 1. If your profile looks decent, generally people follow you back when you follow them. Should not look spammy! Put your read photo in your profile. You can brand yourself in the cover photo instead of putting up your MLM Company’s/products pictures.
Put your blog & Facebook link in the profile.

2) Content- If you’re posting your affiliate links all the time, it looks spammy.
People won’t do business with you if you’re SPAMMY all the time. It makes people run away.
People ONLY care about what’s in it for them…So share valuable content- information which helps them, inspiration, entertainment. Build rapport with people. Then, putting your capture page/affiliate link once in 2 days is okay…Don’t spam, give value. Period.

3) Simple concept, to get the juice, you give the juice.
Engage with other people- retweet/favorite/comment the tweets which you like.
Engage. Its Social Media, you cannot just post your stuff and go.
This is one of the ways of letting people know that you’re there, as they begin to notice you, go to your profile, follow you, they start retweeting you as well. (As long as the content and profile is good, this is what generally happens)

If you are getting retweets, reply the people and thank them, look for all the ways you can ENGAGE.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 am 

I, somehow, didn't have luck with Twitter. When I think about it, I think I just didn't put enough time and effort in it, but somehow I feel that Twitter isn't the perfect solution for each and every niche. What do you think, @vivekmehrotra56?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:58 pm 

I agree with both of you. IF Twitter suits your business model and your target audience, it can deliver excellent results. But if not, then it can be a monumental waste of time, energy and resources.

A key factor in determining suitability needs to be Twitter's level of engagement with your target audience. You need to do your research on this aspect — Twitter has a very high "churn" rate, and only an estimated 8% of all Twitter users regularly "Tweet".

Remember, too, that Tweets on Twitter tend to be transient… here one minute, gone the next.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 am 

And what about other social networks like LinkedIn and Pinterest, are they worth using for business purposes?

Moderator comment:
This is called "topic hijacking". This topic is about Twitter, specifically.
If you want to ask about other social networks, please create a new topic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:54 am 

Engagement is necessary on every social platform. Many people do only tweets, might be they are more informative and attractive but without interaction we can't get business through twitter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:31 am 

Thanks for the Information Vivek

Twitter is really getting popular mean for promoting one's business..
Information provided by you will help me a lot in promoting my business.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:41 pm 

So many great comments, yes they are all great but depends on your business needs... I love combining Twitter and Instagram together and there is a really cool app you can use called Crowdfire...
You can set your Tweets and photos on the one app and they remind you when you need to post according to your time zone...

Happy tweeting and Insta snapping...
Helene Mearing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:17 am 

Twitter is too dynamic in my opinion but the saving grace is the pinned post and hashtags features.

I guess with a social platform like this that offers very short attention spans, you can't afford to be too "safe" or decent in your posts. Something controversial or witty might catch more attention, and with relevant hashtags, may cut through the noise by a notch. But that said, you gotta stay relevant with what you're trying to sell at the end. After all, you want people to click on your profile, notice your pinned post and engage with it, not just to click in and then out the next second.

Building a home based online business begins like this:
http://www.onlinebusinessmakemoney.com/blog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:21 am 

great topic ,i like the comments thank you though

Signature removed by moderator.
Please read http://www.homebusinessonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:29 am 

I agree its totally depends on your business type, but twitter has great potentials to generate leads in every field. What you need to do is utilizing all its features well and a clear marketing goal.

Moderator comment:
Comments that are vague and without substance tend to be considered SEO forum spam
"vaporware" posted only as an excuse to post your signature links.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:19 am 

hay there thank you for the thread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:38 am 

Context is key to your Twitter success: Make your content engaging and enticing, by adding animated images, GIFs in your Twitter content. Readers can quickly connect with your content and more likely to retweet and will follow you to get more updates like this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:22 am 

Twitter is one of the top trending social media sites. Marketing the products on Twitter can provide huge profit for the businessman. You can use good images with related and exciting descriptions to lure the mind of customers. But before advertising your content you must make sure that your following is quite large for getting best results.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:47 am 

Thank you for your sharing. Most of our customers come from twitter. It is obvious that this social channel has become the trend recent years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:50 am 

Twitter has been a nice source of leads for me. It only takes me about 20 minutes per day to fully manage it. I agree with the statement you should be providing value vs pitching all the time in your tweets. That does look spammy. I use a combination of quotes and blog post that I've written. I have a very engaged audience over on Twitter. I get leads just about every day from it as well.

I use a few tools to manage my account. One of them is tweetjuke box. This tool is great because it keeps new eyes on my blog post by rotating and publishing them on my Twitter account. I also use a piece of software called status brew to find new people to follow. Statusbrew is great because you can dial in your exact target market to find people who would be interested in what you have to offer and you can quickly unfollow people who are not following you back. I've been using this strategy for a few months and now have over 26k followers.

Twitter is just like any other social media platform in my opinion. It's all about building those quality connections and actually caring about helping people.

FREE MLM Marketing Bootcamp That Teaches You How To Generate Leads For Your Business. Click Here!