Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm 

Does anyone use twitter for web traffic? I started using twitter about a week ago and it has done pretty well for me.

Just curious.

www.iemploy.me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm 

I have had a quick sqizz at twitter, but although many people do like the concept -- I don't particularly go much on it. I am a member of too many other sites and it just doesn't tickle my fancy.

How do you get traffic from there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:38 pm 

MrLeN wrote:
I have had a quick sqizz at twitter, but although many people do like the concept -- I don't particularly go much on it. I am a member of too many other sites and it just doesn't tickle my fancy.

How do you get traffic from there?

There are a number of ways.

The first priority is to get people following your tweets (Twitter messages). Then they see your tweets every time they log into Twitter — or they can receive Tweets by email or SMS. No spam, either. (Or not for long, since Twitter very quickly bans abusers.)

On top of this, people regularly re-tweet good messages to their friends and lists. (Re-tweeting is simply forwarding those tweets to their lists or friends. Word of mouth, VIRAL networking.)

That's the result you want. But, like everything else in market communications, that will only happen if people trust you to provide tweets that deliver worthwhile substance.

An example of this is to use a program like TweetMyBlog, TweetLater, etc. These apps are plug-ins for your WordPress blog that send the title of your blog post and a TinyURL link to it to your Twitter followers.

Facebook members with Twitter accounts can also have tweets from people they follow sent to their Facebook walls. So your blog posts get reach and frequency that are MANY times greater than just posting on your blog.

For non-advertising professionals, there are three critical factors that help determine the success (or failure!) of your market communications:

1. Impact

This determines how effectively your message gets attention in the market place. Does it break through the clutter of advertising messages that every decision-maker is bombarded with every day?

2. Reach

How many people (or "eyeballs") in your target audience does your message reach in total?

3. Frequency

How often does your message get exposed to your target audience?

Of the three factors, the last one — frequency — is the most important. (Worth many times more than the other two factors combined, in fact.)

Why?

Because people screen out what they perceive to be 'background' noise and clutter in order to survive! Otherwise we'd all succumb to neural overload from so much information clamoring for our attention, constantly. We each have our own mental 'spam filters' to help us deal with this daily onslaught. (Example: when you read a newspaper or magazine, you typically do a quick scan of the double page for information that catches your attention. Everything else is ignored.)

THIS is why it typically takes five, six or seven exposures to your message for most prospects to even register your existence, let alone take notice of your ad or, even more unlikely, to take action. Unless, of course, they're already in the market for what you're promoting. Then impact becomes important, so that your message instantly grabs their attention.

And THIS is why autoresponder promoters always talk about sending a series of seven messages to subscribers.

Hope this helps.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:27 pm 

Hi John!

Awesome! That was a lot of Information :D . Thanks for sharing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:25 pm 
Well, now a days beside Twitter all other social networking sites are very useful for any promotion. We had our products page build up on Facebook, now after 3 months our members have reached more than 1000 which is gradually increasing btw can you tell me little bit more about Twitter, as i haven't used it at all :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 pm 

Twitter is a great tool. I'm using it and my links are getting clicks like crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm 

bsfweb wrote:
btw can you tell me little bit more about Twitter, as i haven't used it at all :(

Check out this topic:
http://www.homebusinessonline.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9179

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:50 pm 
Tweets are very important to be done daily so that you can expect more clicks. That's the best thing I love about Twitter :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 am 

i have used twitter but wasn't able to get much out of it. have a few clicks despite of having more than thousand followers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:36 am 

Not only for Twitter but for every social media sites you need to use the right path for getting traffic. If you are unable to use the social media site properly, you will not get best response. For Twitter you need to be sure that your profile is impressive that can easily lure the mind of people. Try to include statistics, hashtags, and @mentions for more effective results.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:26 am