Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:43 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:06 pm 

WordPress is easy, providing you get the security settings right.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 am 

CMS is best & CMS platform in the world, and the easiest way to manage your website content.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 am 

secondonlineincome wrote:
CMS is best & CMS platform in the world, and the easiest way to manage your website content.

Unfortunately, the original poster deleted their post. Since most CMS (Content Management Systems) are built on PHP, your comment is pretty meaningless without being specific as to WHICH content management system you recommend.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 am 

It depends on what kind of website you want to create. If you are looking for a news site, Wordpress is the easiest and powerful CMS. If you want something different, more personalized or more focused in user interactions I think Joomla is better.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 pm 

CMS is Content Management System having complete functionality that normally we only change the html design (called templates) and install as website. Whereas PHP is a script language and interpreter that is freely available and used primarily on Linux Web servers. It is originally derived from Personal Home Page Tools, now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, which the PHP FAQ describes as a "recursive acronym."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 am 

It is hard to tell it clearly. I use sometimes Wordpress... but sometimes Joomla too. My decision is similar to rmmfree. Wordpress is good for simply sites, but if you want to customize sth and add new functionality, probably better will be Joomla.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:39 am 

Yeah the question title is meaningless, i have to say however , there are big differences in cmses , and the answer to what is best is non existent.

Just take drupal and worpress :
Worpress is great for new people relatively new to the cms world, even those that cannot code or just dabble in php.
It supplies plugins ( which im not saying you should use for everything ) , it supplies template , all which are regulated rather badly by wordpress .org.
Very noice and convenient right ? Its also why WordPress get exploited so much because hackers know , many many plugins have loopholes , many webmasters arent really experienced enough to plug the gaps or even see them.
Altough i laught sometimes i think of WordPress as being in a school of tuna , safety in numbers right ?

Drupal
If you know php well enough drupal in my opinion is far superior platform to WordPress in terms of advanced functionality. ( and this is a biased opinion as i am a web developer)
Drupal code base is very closely secured and secured scrutinized.
Drupals Modules , where not designed ( as in the case of wordpress ) for user ease, but to for the best functionality this makes it at times a complicated cms ( if you could even call it that ).

However not everybody needs these super powered features , some people get by just fine with WordPress, as always the answer comes down to what is best suited to your skills and what you wish to achieve. I myself use wordpress despite being for drupal , because in terms of what i need , its just easier and saves time.