Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:39 pm 

Part time I grow and sell hosta through e-bay and from my house, last year I tried ordering from a new supplier. Needless to say what a disaster,
I had problems with their website and wound up ordering 3 times as many plants as I actually wanted, I had to pay for part of the order up front, no problem as I wanted these plants. Unknown to me they shiped all 3 orders together (3 times as many as I wanted). To top it off they shiped plants that had no hope of surviving, most with 1 to 2 little rootlets straight from tissue culture. So far on these plants I have lost almost 60% and there are others that still look sickley. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS OUTFIT AGAIN needless to say, also they insisted on payment - wouldn't take the plants back and I am still making payments. So far I figure that I have lost over $6,000.00 on this little venture with wasted time, materials and money.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:58 pm 

pocigal wrote:
Part time I grow and sell hosta through e-bay and from my house

This sounds interesting. I wouldn't have thought that plants would sell well on eBay. Why don't you introduce yourself on the <a href="http://www.homebusinessonline.com/community/forum/viewforum.php?f=8">This is Who I Am...This is What I Do</a> forum, and tell us more about this. I'm sure others would be interested. Don't forget to include your eBay ID.

pocigal wrote:
So far on these plants I have lost almost 60% and there are others that still look sickley. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS OUTFIT AGAIN needless to say, also they insisted on payment - wouldn't take the plants back and I am still making payments. So far I figure that I have lost over $6,000.00 on this little venture with wasted time, materials and money.

Ouch! That's a big loss, especially on a part-time basis.

I've made a new forum entitled <a href="http://www.homebusinessonline.com/community/forum/viewforum.php?f=16">Be Honest</a> to share scams and praises. Please share your experience there. Others will want to know about this company.

Thanks for sharing, and let us know if we can help in any way.

Heidi
HomeBusinessOnline.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 am 

I would think you'd want to buy plants in person. Exactly because there's always the chance a person is not being up front about the health of a plant. That's something you want to see in person before you commit to a purchase. You always have to ask yourself if buying something sight unseen is the right move.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 am 

Oooaaaccchhhh..... nearly $6000.00, i'd be in some serious trouble! You having any luck with the remaining 40%.

You should try not and get to dishearted, as it still could be a good idea, just an unfortunate start.

Hope it works out.

Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:03 pm 

This topic is more than three years old. Time to terminate it.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]