Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:32 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:31 am 

Every time new technology comes out, we have to adapt. It seems those adaptations are happening faster and faster now as new technology is released every other week. Most of the time, these changes are for the good, and you business actually benefits from it. However, mobile may be the cause of lost jobs and business as the world transforms to using mobile for everyday use.

Using mobile for banking needs

It used to be you had to go to the bank to get everything done with your account. You want to transfer money? Go to the bank. You need to deposit a check or check your balance? Go to the bank. Now, however, smartphones have the ability to do all those things. In fact, bank branches are becoming fairly useless to the banking world. This is why it is expected there will be a reduction of bank branches in 2014, according to Forbes. Though it is still necessary to keep some branches around for needs such as opening and closing accounts, discussing finances, and getting loans, they are not needed for everyday business anymore. It is almost a waste of money to keep three branches open in one city when the bank can get away with one. In this way, mobile has changed the banking industry forever.

Mobile apps for watching TV

The TV industry has been struggling to adapt as players such as Netflix and Hulu have taken over the tv-watching industry, according to the Toronto Sun. You can watch your favorite shows on your smartphone with apps. It is convenient because you don’t have to sit through commercials, usually, and you can watch it anywhere you want. In fact, mobile apps have pretty much taken over tv-watching experiences. Cable companies are losing a lot of business and struggling to get by knowing that mobile has taken over. This has led to mobile apps from cable companies encouraging more online streaming.

Does this mean lost jobs?

As you can see, some jobs will be lost if people aren’t watching cable anymore or if they stop going to bank branches to deposit checks, but there will also be jobs gained. Someone has to create and maintain the smartphone apps, and someone still has to process everything. People won’t just stop using banks or stop watching TV. They just change the way they do it.

Adapting your business

If banks and cable companies are having to change to more mobile-friendly offerings, your company will need to do so too. You don’t have to lose out on sales or lose jobs to be successful. All you have to do is adapt to more mobile-friendly methods of offering your product, and you’ll do just fine. The first thing you need to do is update your website to offer a mobile-friendly version. If you don’t have a website at all, you need to fix that immediately. Next, you’ll need to get a text program for your customers to use. If customers feel they can easily access your business and what you have to offer through mobile, you’ll be on the right track.

Mobile technology news brought to you by businesstexter.com

Sources:
forbes.com/sites/tomgroenfeldt/2014/01/06/mobile-phones-set-to-reduce-banking-branches-in-2014/
torontosun.com/2014/01/06/apps-for-mobile-viewing-challenge-us-cable-operators-tv-networks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 pm 

In my internet business I deal with people all over the world, many of them doing their business on their smart phone. It's the only way they can access the internet. And I notice many Facebook posts are from a mobile phone. Smart phones are a part of our busy lives.

So as a business person, we will have to learn to be effective and easily accessed by mobile. brandoanderson, I appreciate your post. Lots of good info.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:50 pm 

Quite a good topic to ponder. But looking closely, new technology launched will somehow have an effect on businesses and that was before mobile devices were launched.

Mobile solutions are similar with technologies that make our lives easier, which is good. As for businesses, adaptability is the key to offer unparalleled services to customers who are into mobile device use. The post is correct in suggesting building a mobile device-compatible websites and apps.

As for jobs lost, I don't think the era of mobile transactions is that overwhelming to the point of discarding people offering services. Remember that not all individuals can adapt or go with the latest advances offered. There will always be people who prefer to do things the traditional way. And I agree with the post that more jobs will be offered concentrating on mobile platform and apps development.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:28 am 

I personally feel that new technology is ALWAYS a good thing!

It is important to keep up with it though. If not, you are going to get left behind, eventually.

When you look at things like the internet, and the mobile market, then you look at the person promoting a business through home parties.

The home parties can be effective for some things, but generally the Internet is a much more effective method.

The same can be said when you can use the phones to market, instead of just the internet.

There are people who have phones that don't have computers, and others who just spend a LOT more time on their phone than the computer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:56 pm 

Macs all but destroyed the typesetting industry in the 1980s and 1990s.

Direct-to-plate technology all but destroyed the pre-press reprographic industry since the 1980s.

Offset printing all but destroyed the letterpress printing industry in the 1970s.

I remember mass industrial disputes in the 1970s by printing unions and newspaper unions.

They didn't stop technology — and the printing industry is now bigger and more diverse, faster, better and cheaper than ever before.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 am 

Moderator warning:

A reminder: posting vaporware content that adds nothing to the discussion is viewed as forum SEO spamming.

That includes bland descriptions of the topic and vague, generalised statements that are just there for the sake of getting your signature file back link exposed.

Expect such posts to be deleted on sight.

Keep on doing it, or spam the forums with multiple posts like this, and your posts will be deleted in bulk — and you'll be booted and banned.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:12 am 

Mobile solutions are similar with technologies that make our lives easier, which is good. As for businesses, adaptability is the key to offer unparalleled services to customers who are into mobile device use.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:08 pm 

For me its good. You can now do your business anywhere!! and for that little sense. Its awesome!!! :o

#1 Online Business Model, Own Your Own Proven Business For Under $20