Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:29 pm 

On doing some research, I have been looking to see the best ways to market to the mobile users.

One of the most used and recognized seems to be Twitter.

Putting things out there with hash tags (#wordhere) seems to get people to see things more often.

From my understanding the hashtag is kind of like SEO usage on the web.

What other methods have other people found for it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:47 pm 

The best way for promoting mobile marketing is unlikely to be Twitter — even with #hashtags, getting noticed without being ultra-current on the "hot" topic-of-the-minute is like farting in a tornado! (You just won't be noticed.)

Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest are more likely to deliver worthwhile results, but even then you need to do it really intelligently.

There's little argument that — in developed countries, at least — mobile marketing is really best suited to LOCAL search and communication using SMS and push notification messages.

Smartphones are simply not suited to general browsing like laptop and desktop computers, or even tablet computers. The screens are too small and not enough web sites are optimized for viewing on smartphones (or tablets, either, for anyone without good eyesight).

So it's really all about INSTANT gratification — users are wanting to find relevant information, especially about what they want to buy, in the form they want and the size they can view properly, and they want it NOW. They want to be able to get information, including reviews and warnings, order online, pay online and make bookings online.

And they don't want to squander their precious monthly data allocation on wild goose chases, because over-quota prices for data bundles quickly blow out to resemble the national debt!

I only buy pizzas from one pizza store. It has a great mobile app that lets me order online, vary my order, get voucher offers from any competitors as well, pay for my order, then watch my order in progress, so that I can leave home, drive 3 minutes from my front door, and pick it up just as it leaves the oven! That's fresh — and I can check it right away and, if necessary (very rare), get it fixed on the spot.

Use mobile sites to attract prospects and bond them so that they become customers.

Then persuade them of the benefits of downloading and installing your stripped-down mobile app that enables them to become regular, repeat customers, easily, quickly and pain-free.

Savvy marketers are learning to make intelligent use of QR codes, too. And please… don't give me that nonsense about nobody knowing what they are and don't want to download scanner apps — that it's quicker and easier to just key in the URL.

In what universe is it easier and faster to key in an URL (requiring up to 40-50 separate actions taking up to 30 secondsIF you make NO mistakes) than to scan a QR code? (requiring just FOUR actions — and always the SAME actionsNO typing and it's all done in 5-10 seconds, including loading of the destination site!)

Check out this 3-minute video for a direct comparison:

The REAL problem holding back QR codes from widespread use isn't just ignorance on the part of smartphone users.

It’s IGNORANCE and INCOMPETENCE on the part of Mobile MARKETERS!

If you tell me that “I tried putting a QR card in an ad once and nobody used it”, my question to you is simple…

What did YOU do to make it safer, easier, faster, better and smarter for people seeing your QR code to actually USE it?

• Did you include a link to a free or low-cost, ad-free, fast QR Code Scanner/Reader App?
  • Did you even think that the best way to overcome ignorance and incompetence (the #1 reasons why people DON’T do things!) was a little information and help?
  • Do you understand that the WORST thing you can do, as a seller or marketer (they're NOT the same thing) is to withhold information or help?

If you're interested in using QR codes to boost sales for your business, here's a FREE Insight Report to get you started. No sign-up required.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:34 am 

I must say very creative interpretation comparing hash-tag with links.Mobile marketing is really blooming right now as almost everyone is so into their mobiles and are curious about new things happening.Trying surveys,games, and endorsing product through advertisement also comes in mobile marketing. online market research shows that mobile marketing engage people in a very unusual ways,researches are still carried out to understand how it works after all marketing has now become a science. [Promotional content removed by moderator — please read the rules.]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:01 am 

I would tell you that mobile is the future of marketing, but really the era of mobile has already arrived. If you're not implementing some kind of mobile marketing strategy, you're already trailing behind!

Mobile marketing consists of ads that appear on mobile smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices. Mobile marketing ad formats, customization, and styles can vary, as many social media platforms, websites, and mobile apps offer their own unique and tailored mobile ad options. You can go through online guides like http://www.colinburnett.com/ to know more about mobile marketing.

Your business needs a mobile marketing strategy for the same reason that you need a computer and wi-fi access this is the age in which we live! Walk around any major city and you’ll find more than just a few folks with faces glued to their smartphone screens. According to recent reports, 40% of users’ internet time is spent on mobile devices, which means simply ignoring the rise of mobile just isn’t an option.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:26 pm 

Kennethgooch wrote:
Mobile marketing consists of ads that appear on mobile smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices.

Sorry, but that's ADVERTISING, with is only one small part of your marketing mix.

To suggest that mobile marketing consists of ads is like saying that your car consists of one of your front wheels only — ignoring all of the other wheels, the engine, transmission, power train, steering, brakes, electrical system, fuel system, safety, controls, etc etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:18 am 

Method can also be used on mobile phone, and the best thing of mobile phone is that mobile can be handle anywhere in this world.

So that's the advantage of having mobile in marketing world.

You will put it in your pocket and get access every time to the market place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:50 am 

In my opinion, the best way to promote yourself on mobile devices is to combine these two methods: smartphone and OOH/DOOH campaign. Nowadays people tend to ignore apps such as google play (until now-best solution), so i would smartly mix these two options. For instance by using qr codes. Well ... but this solution would be expensive ... i guess...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:49 pm 

jennifer wrote:
In my opinion, the best way to promote yourself on mobile devices is to combine these two methods: smartphone and OOH/DOOH campaign. Nowadays people tend to ignore apps such as google play (until now-best solution), so i would smartly mix these two options. For instance by using qr codes. Well ... but this solution would be expensive ... i guess...

Using anagrams like OOH/DOOH may save keystrokes for you, but it only means something to people who already KNOW what they mean.

If you want readers to take your advice, you need to ensure that they know what you're referring to, right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:53 am 

ooh - out of home advertising - airports etc
dooh - digital out of home, like dynamic citylights

when i think mobile marketing, i think about mobility and places where people use their mobile devices. the bes solution - in my opinion - is to use interaction between dooh and smartphone. how? by using qr codes.
it also fun.
but as i've said before - quite expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:09 am 

I'm a fan of QR code advertising, but it's vital to go the extra mile when you're the advertiser — you HAVE to make it safer, easier, better, faster and smarter for the prospect to do than ANY other form of ads.

The problem is the failure of mobile phone manufacturers to include any kind of QR code scanner app on their phones — made worse by the deluge of crappy scanner apps that flooded the market that were just excuses for flogging advertising space on-screen.

Hands-down, the BEST app for scanning QR codes — and the easiest to promote — is SCAN.ME (that's the brand and the URL).

It comes in all mobile platforms and offers a FREE — and ADS-FREE — version as well as a paid version (under USD $2.00 last time I checked) with extra features.

Alongside every QR code you need to include a note with a link to SCAN.ME (that's the link — too easy!)

People need to know how to read QR codes using mobile scanner apps, and how much easier, faster and more accurate it is to do than keying the URL into their mobile web browser.

I created this short comparison video to help educate people…