Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:38 pm 

Hi to everyone here I'm not sure this is the right place to introduce myself
But I will continue, I am a online business owner, although when I started online I just was looking to earn some extra cash

So I tried selling on eBay, and only sold two items for 99p each, not much success there later became a seller on Fiver but didn't do too well there either

Still blog on WordPress and rarely on Blogger, I have a Facebook page and still use my Twitter account that I setup ages ago

I enjoy writing stories and press releases through IBO toolbox

I have been married 34 years to my bubbly wife, and we have one daughter still living at home

Please feel free to comment, I will attempt to revisit here often

Graham Commander

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:02 am 

Hi Graham, and welcome to the forums.

How about telling us a little about your business, so we can get to know you better and be of better help?

Feel free to jump right in, ask questions, offer ideas, share information and network with other members.

Please read the rules carefully FIRST (they're at the top of all board index pages, under Announcements, and they're strictly enforced
for everyone's benefit — they'll help you stay safe and enjoy the best results from posting here).

You may find these eye-opening insights helpful, too: “The Beginner’s Guide To Forum Marketing“ « Right-click on the link to open in a new window.

Important notice: Promoting Business or Income Opportunities is NOT allowed. « Right-click on the link to open in a new window.

Enjoy the ride. :D

John Counsel

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 am 

Thank you John for the welcome, as to my business it is a online website, hosted through Worldprofit

I have been with them for 4 years now, and for a while I was one of the 75 live monitors, but had to remove myself from active duty due my wife's illness
I did consider returning to duty, but to do so required going through training again and that became a problem, due to the time difference from U.K where I live and Canada where they are
My website is WatchListenProfit.com
I actually didn't like the idea of being in business, as all I wanted when I started online was to make extra cash, and bought and added my email to too many lists
Bought to many things with no idea how to make us of them or was put off by others being too complicated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:35 pm 

Graham,

I remember WorldProfit — one of Dr Jeffrey Lant's many dubious online ventures — when it first launched in the late 1990s.

I also remember vividly the numbers of people who lost ridiculous amounts of money ( five and six figure sums — life-savings magnitude losses) on what was, at least then, a straight-out Pyramid Selling Scheme. Frankly, I'm surprised to hear that it's still going — things must have changed fairly drastically to make it legal. It was eclipsed by Dr Ken Evoy's superlative — and 100% legal — SiteSell system (Ken is the all-time #1 rank holder at http://gurudaq.com.)

I ran a website called Is it a Pyramid Scheme? back then, before I took over as permanent moderator of I-Sales Digest from its legendary founder, John Audette… I had no time after that. (I-Sales Digest was the Internet's #1 email discussion list for marketers and sellers, which was mandatory reading for marketing departments of Fortune 500 companies and for students at Ivy League Business Schools, with a contributor list that read like a Who's Who of marketing luminaries.) WorldProfit was one of the most complained-about scams back then.

PS: You can download my profile, credentials and international peer comments from https://goo.gl/NNPFWr (safe, searchable, printable PDF document).

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/