Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Web Hosting Company?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 am 
Try Fatcow or Powweb, you can create more than 10 sub-domains with Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth and FREE Domain Name.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 am 

HOSTING FROM EIG GROUPS REALLY SUCK,their promised service is fake and they could not sufficient hosting features such as ssh support and dedicated ip address

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:21 am 
Abell wrote:
Try Fatcow or Powweb, you can create more than 10 sub-domains with Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth and FREE Domain Name.

Okkk......... i will try for them. Once i use it than i shall let you know about my experience. Thanks anyways :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 pm 
Doing a search for web hosting companies will bring up hundreds if not thousands of results – how on earth do you decide who is best?

If you are looking to get a reliable Web Hosting Package then I suggest you visit this site http://www.wpdesigner.com/ hope it will work for you because they categorized all top web hosting sites by Price, Server Up-Time, Reliability, Ease-of-Use, Control Panel and Customer Support.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 pm 

I've posted before about this on another, similar topic, but it bears repeating:

Don't lock yourself into a cheap, single-domain hosting service. You're unlikely to only need a single domain, so consider a reseller account on a shared server with someone like HostGator.com, where the features are outstanding and the tech support brilliant, 24/7.

If you're worried about how to handle your own domains and hosting, you have access to extensive and detailed tutorial videos like these: http://tutorials.profitclinichosting.net/. You also have fast-response tech service (live chat) 24/7 to help you sort out any problems you encounter. (I made fewer than 4 tech support calls per month on average for 4 years.)

For less than US$25 a month you get 50 GB of server storage space, 500 GB of bandwidth and unlimited domains. Before I migrated to dedicated servers, I used a shared hosting reseller account like that to host more than 120 of my own domains and several marketing clients' web sites. So not only did I host my own 120+ domains free of charge, but I made a profit from hosting those client domains.

In 2012 I expect to be hosting up to 5,000 local business domains as part of a lead generation, web site hosting, mobile and social media management integrated system, with training and support, that sells for between $300 and $600 per month. Our dedicated servers required for this will cost us less than $400 per month from revenues of more than $2 million a month.

Sometimes in business you need to think to a level beyond the next one in order to gain the best results.

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:04 pm 

profitclinic wrote:
I've posted before about this on another, similar topic, but it bears repeating:

Don't lock yourself into a cheap, single-domain hosting service. You're unlikely to only need a single domain, so consider a reseller account on a shared server with someone like HostGator.com, where the features are outstanding and the tech support brilliant, 24/7.

If you're worried about how to handle your own domains and hosting, you have access to extensive and detailed tutorial videos like these: http://tutorials.profitclinichosting.net/. You also have fast-response tech service (live chat) 24/7 to help you sort out any problems you encounter. (I made fewer than 4 tech support calls per month on average for 4 years.)

For less than US$25 a month you get 50 GB of server storage space, 500 GB of bandwidth and unlimited domains. Before I migrated to dedicated servers, I used a shared hosting reseller account like that to host more than 120 of my own domains and several marketing clients' web sites. So not only did I host my own 120+ domains free of charge, but I made a profit from hosting those client domains.

I totally agree with the hostgator I have also tried others but no one with the online chat support 24 7 like hostgator..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:53 pm 

I've used http://www.5minds.net for years for many of my business clients. They are reliable and have excellent customer service.

[Signature blocked for continued non-compliance with forum rules]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:56 am 

That looks like a re-branded GoDaddy hosting service (we prefer full disclosure on these forums).

If so, be aware that GoDaddy hosting is on Windows servers, which have their own issues.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 am 

What is Hostgator like these days? I understand they got bought out by EIG.

Like one of the previous posters, I have experienced how a hosting company can go down hill quickly once EIG gets involved.

While I do usually prefer to pay a little more and get quality hosting, Iam thinking about creating a private blog network and need to spread my sites across multiple hosting companies and therefore need some cheaper options.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:06 pm 

I have to say that HostGator, post-EIG Group takeover, has had more than a few problems. Support chat often has a mandatory minimum wait time of at least 30 minutes, which is a pain in the neck. But once the wait is over, the service is as good as it's always been.

UPDATE June 2014

The wait times have improved, depending on the current level of demand on their call centre. The service itself is still excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:11 pm 

We offer web and messaging services in our company, wherein we are the leader in providing real-time web and messaging service solutions through our customizable platforms, live operators and creative production campaigns. we provide a list of premium products and services targeted at businesses whose aim is to enhance their current market or service coverage. We provide easy to integrate offerings using the latest technologies in ensuring excellent service and support.

[Link removed by moderator — please read the forum rules on links in posts and signature files.]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 am 

Me and with a few other friends/business men I know use vidahost there a very reliable company and provide effect service, definitely worth looking into.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:54 am 

I prefer bluehosting all the time. Although they are a bit expensive, but their services are outclass.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:30 pm 

kashif86 wrote:
I prefer bluehosting all the time. Although they are a bit expensive, but their services are outclass.

Bluehost is also owned by EIG Group, so I assume it will also have issues from time to time.

It's a common problem when a company like EIG takes over competitors. The beancounters determine policy, not the marketers, and one-by-one, the outstanding features that made that competitor so successful are scrapped or diluted to save costs and boost shareholder dividends.

And then they wonder why the growth slows, stops, then tumbles.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:15 am 

I was with bluehost for years until (imo) I noticed the service was deteriorating, some might disagree, or maybe I was on one of their low performance "shared" servers. Recently I switched to hostgator and I must say find them much better. Yes I agree with John, their wait times are poor, 30 min wait is like standard but once you get through, they are nice. I actually signed up with hostgator 1 cent first month hosting. If you google you may find their 1 cent offer.