Home Business Forums - Online Business Forums

Home Business Forums for small business owners to discuss online home business
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:34 am

A warm welcome to the forums!
We hope you will make this your home. Dave and Heidi, the founders of HomeBusinessOnline.com, are committed to helping you find all the information and resources you need to succeed in your home-based business. John is an excellent moderator of the forums and has an amazing amount of knowledge in small business.

-----> Hey, We Need Forum Moderators! <-----

Most Recent Forum Posts...

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Solo ads
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm 

If you have a squeeze page and you're just starting out, and trying to build a list, solo ads work. I know they can cost a good bit, but if you have an up-sell, as soon as they sign into your form, you can make that money back.

I have mine set where you give and get: you give a free offer and you sell an offer. And I have seen very good results with this method. I just want some feed back on what y'all think of this method. Do y'all use this or do you do it a different way? The trick to it is to give that free offer, then hit them with an offer of $5.00-$10.00 and you should make your money back plus. Say you spend $100 on solo ads and your paid offer should bring you back $200 or more. That is, if your squeeze page is converting well.

When I first started I would spend $300 a month on solo ads and would get back about $700; that's a pretty good investment if you ask me. And in 8 months I had a list built up to 35,000 and now I make about $25,000 a month just off my list.

Any comments are welcome I want to hear what y'all are doing and how different things are working for y'all.

Thanks

Brian

Post subject: Re: Solo ads
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:15 pm 

Brian,

You're right about solo ads working and being able to get a reasonable return on investment, and especially building a list faster.

But there are a LOT of variables you don't mention and there are lots of other items you don't really address — such as meaningful numbers.

A whole lot of well-established techniques no longer work as well as they used to, including giving away free stuff in exchange for a sign-up. People are a lot more skeptical (heck, cynical!) these days, and most old timers like me have taken to culling the lists they subscribe to drastically in order to eliminate duplication and repetition. In the past month alone I've unsubscribed from more than 150 lists that hadn't sent me an original offer in at least a year (I know because I filter incoming IM messages these days).

If I buy, say, a WSO deal from you and you require me to sign-up to receive product updates, then all I get from you is daily or weekly affiliate pitch messages for other products, two things happen:

1. I red-flag your list and send you a message, warning you that you're about to be added to the list of Ambush Sellers at http://ambushsellers.com.
  2. After 7 days, if you fail to respond, I remove myself from your list and add it to the Rogue's Gallery at http://ambushsellers.com.

You make no mention of numbers other than dollar amounts — no indications of numbers of recipients, numbers of purchases, response rates, conversion rates, etc etc etc. Without these, your claims don't really mean much. Nor do you say when any of this happened. How long ago? How relevant are those details still in today's tougher market?

This is all very vague, my friend. Some specifics would add a lot more credibility.

John

FREE help at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ForumMarketingForBeginners/

Post subject: Re: Solo ads
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:52 am 

I pretty much execute my solo ads in the same way you do. I lead with a small sales message and an offer to reveal more in exchange for the prospects email contact information. I find it works very well as long as you are offering something of value to the prospect. If the prospect sees value in what you are offering, then that reduces or removes potential skepticism around what they will receive. As long as your message matches with the target market, you should receive some quality opt-ins.